Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:31:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to purchase 4BTC  (Read 4858 times)
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:49:30 AM

Don't bother selling on eBay. If you're vigilant you won't lose any coins, but you'll experience chargebacks on about 99.9% of payments. I sold fractions of a BTC to 20-30 buyers and every single one charged back. I never sent anyone BTC (because they weren't able to fulfill the requirements), but it was still a massive waste of time and resources.

It's going to be mostly compromised accounts making eBay purchases for bitcoin.

Grumpster

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:17:35 AM

Don't bother selling on eBay. If you're vigilant you won't lose any coins, but you'll experience chargebacks on about 99.9% of payments. I sold fractions of a BTC to 20-30 buyers and every single one charged back. I never sent anyone BTC (because they weren't able to fulfill the requirements), but it was still a massive waste of time and resources.

Sorry, but if you didn't send them bitcoin then what did you expect them to do? Let you keep their money?
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 08:03:14 AM

I've been following this thread intently. I was scammed out of 10btc back when it was $1000 a pop. I learnt my lesson but watching this thread and others I'm left wondering are there any safe places to buy and sell btc? It's such a worrying part of btc that it's so easy to scam.

And if you just hold it, it's not really worth having at all, no matter how safe it is.

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:21:24 AM

Sorry, but if you didn't send them bitcoin then what did you expect them to do? Let you keep their money?

Ha...no. I sent a code to the confirmed eBay address of the buyer (as explained in the description). They needed to send me that code for me to send them the BTC. This serves two purposes - one which is verifying the person controlling the account controls that address and two, the shipping time creates a waiting period where most unauthorized payment chargebacks occur.

Unauthorized payment chargebacks occurred during this waiting period on basically all of them.

cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:27:31 AM

Paypal is not prohibiting digital service. They are just wont cover the loss in this area. Server hosting is part of the digital service.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:24:04 PM

Paypal is not prohibiting digital service. They are just wont cover the loss in this area. Server hosting is part of the digital service.

Any update?
NewDeal2014

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:20:52 PM

Any update?

I opened a dispute and can escalate it to a claim after 3PM EST on Friday...will update thread.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this...I plan to call them right after escalating to a claim. Should I say exactly what it was and that I was unaware of the digital goods policy, and even send them this thread to see he is clearly scamming?

Or say that I didn't notice his note and that I was actually expecting physical goods, maybe physical bitcoins? I really have no idea what the best approach is.

Take what I'm about to say with the understanding that someone robbed you of money...

PayPal often reverses transactions if the PayPal account has been hacked/compromised. Likewise, if you paid with a credit card and that card is reported lost/stolen, they will often reverse charges.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do here, but... You were robbed. Getting your money back isn't wrong, in my humble opinion.
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:27:38 PM

Any update?

I opened a dispute and can escalate it to a claim after 3PM EST on Friday...will update thread.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this...I plan to call them right after escalating to a claim. Should I say exactly what it was and that I was unaware of the digital goods policy, and even send them this thread to see he is clearly scamming?

Or say that I didn't notice his note and that I was actually expecting physical goods, maybe physical bitcoins? I really have no idea what the best approach is.
You were an idiot to not file a dispute right away and to actually believe his story you had to wait 48 hours or whatever. Paypal generally will side with you if you were obviously scammed if the funds have not been withdrawn from the account. However, since its been so long and you've obviously been slow with this matter, the funds are 99.99% gone from the account. So now it leaves two options:

1) You take the hit for the $1000+ scammed pull here
or
2) PayPal takes the hit for the $1000+ scammed pull here

Obviously PayPal is going to fight and make sure they aren't on the losing end of the stick here. Sorry OP but good luck with this one. I would get the police involved but even then you're 99% screwed here.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
meat (OP)

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:40:28 PM

Any update?

You were an idiot to not file a dispute right away and to actually believe his story you had to wait 48 hours or whatever. Paypal generally will side with you if you were obviously scammed if the funds have not been withdrawn from the account. However, since its been so long and you've obviously been slow with this matter, the funds are 99.99% gone from the account. So now it leaves two options:

1) You take the hit for the $1000+ scammed pull here
or
2) PayPal takes the hit for the $1000+ scammed pull here

Obviously PayPal is going to fight and make sure they aren't on the losing end of the stick here. Sorry OP but good luck with this one. I would get the police involved but even then you're 99% screwed here.

I opened the dispute on Monday which was the first business day after the transaction (Friday).

We'll see what happens...I will update next time there is something to report.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:46:30 PM

Any update?

You can say whatever it was. Just say you were duped and he took your money. But you have to CALL. They will shut you down through dispute. Say it was a computer mining contract and they never came through and lead you along. Be honest and say you got screwed and need help.
meat (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:11:56 PM

Any update?

You can say whatever it was. Just say you were duped and he took your money. But you have to CALL. They will shut you down through dispute. Say it was a computer mining contract and they never came through and lead you along. Be honest and say you got screwed and need help.

Thanks...I am going to call them today and will update thread on what they say.
Marcoser123321

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:14:51 PM

Any update?

Can you post the PP address in a scam accusation to make sure no one else gets hit with it later on when the scammer makes another account?

meat (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:24:43 PM

Any update?

Can you post the PP address in a scam accusation to make sure no one else gets hit with it later on when the scammer makes another account?

Sure, I will do that shortly.

Re: the call to paypal...I just got off the phone with them. They have escalated it to a claim today rather than having to wait until Friday. I don't want to give any more details here for certain reasons but PM me if interested.
seabass1985

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Think For Yourself Question Authority

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 03:40:06 PM

Be careful seems suspicious
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:05:49 AM

Be careful seems suspicious

I'm not sure what your commenting on? Lol
CanadaBits

Activity: 126

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:46:21 AM

Any new updates on the situation?

trynmpo

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:42:15 PM

WTF <<<<  Shocked My Account was compromised !! please reveal details of the person who scammed you !! i was on vacation from November !! my account is fully FUCKED UP !!
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:02:03 PM

WTF <<<<  Shocked My Account was compromised !! please reveal details of the person who scammed you !! i was on vacation from November !! my account is fully FUCKED UP !!

Need some pretty epic proof, sorry, could be a good scam.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:59:32 PM

Even if it was a hacker who took control of his account, he'd be responsible for the damage dome while the hacker had control of his account.
zinjo

Activity: 476

DIVERGENT OTC MARKET FOR DISTINCTIVE ASSETS!

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:02:00 AM

Even if it was a hacker who took control of his account, he'd be responsible for the damage dome while the hacker had control of his account.
Most likely hacker could change password & email to keep account, just to scam more or so :x
But he don't have any proof.

▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄          Innovative Derivatives Exchange     ▄ █ ▄     as.exchange     ▄ █ ▄     Earn Above Market Effortlessly          ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄          BTC 31%, YOU EARN 63%   |   BTC 5%, YOU COULD SECURE RETURNS          ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀
▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄      //    0% Withdrawal & Deposit Fees    //    0% Trading Fees for First 10,000 Users    //    NO KYC    //      ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: