Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got 100+ Bitcoins refunded from Butterfly Labs today  (Read 3615 times)
Braedo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BtcMarkets - Australian Bitcoin Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:26:00 PM

Even if this was true, your 100 BTC is worth a fraction of what it was in 2013 so you're still down.

He got a refund on the US dollar amount and not the amount of BTC he put in.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
██████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ██████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WeMineCoins (OP)

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:35:28 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 12:55:40 PM by WeMineCoins

Even if this was true, your 100 BTC is worth a fraction of what it was in 2013 so you're still down.

Since the money spent on orders in 2013 was refunded in USD equivalent currently on my original orders I factually got the same amount of USD value spent which happens to be worth more BTC since the price is lower now.... Think about it for a little bit and hopefully you'll understand.

Quite a substantial amount of money involved. Could you elaborate in more details how the whole thing started?
Yeah I'll post some more details later today.

A) I don't believe you. I think you are a purchased account shilling for a half-ruined concern, desperately trying to flog a dead horse.
B) I could be wrong regarding A) but even if I am, very clever of BFL to hold out refund long enough to meet price point of btc/usd from your original date of spend.
3) nice try josh, I'm still not buying.

Don't sell your accounts pee poles! This is what happens

Updated
Yes I wasn't expecting to be called a liar for sharing info I got my refund.
This should be proof enough I'm a real person.

http://siouxfalls.sites.1millioncups.com/en/Presenters/WeMineCoinsLLC.aspx
https://www.linkedin.com/in/cryptoentrepreneur
http://tangentsanddistractions.com/bitcoin-mining/

Why that guy doesn't understand is beyond me.

The Technical Founder of WeMineCoins
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:52:41 PM

My original orders with BFL date back to 2013 and I am just now getting refunded. It was a pretty terrible experience with them but I'm glad to finally get my money back.
Just wanted to show people that BFL has at the least sent me out my refund I am in no way endorsing them.

https://blockchain.info/address/1Php37BTskNb3B1xqbwKkdciFNkvD69dV3
Note : I sent the coins from this address elsewhere so the in transaction is the money being sent to me in case anyone cares.
Thats really great to hear. Lets hope all the others get their coins back too.

WeMineCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:57:05 PM

My original orders with BFL date back to 2013 and I am just now getting refunded. It was a pretty terrible experience with them but I'm glad to finally get my money back.
Just wanted to show people that BFL has at the least sent me out my refund I am in no way endorsing them.

Note : I sent the coins from this address elsewhere so the in transaction is the money being sent to me in case anyone cares.

If you stop asking you might not get one. So anyone who wants a refund should ask especially before they get sued more. (Several law firms out their are working on cases against BFL.)

Hope78

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 02:44:52 PM

A refund is a refund. Do you ever think you are going to get your money back from a thief?
This is the risk in high amount investment, you never know how it could end.
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 02:45:23 PM

good to know. I found it very positive

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:09:25 PM

Since the money spent on orders in 2013 was refunded in USD equivalent currently on my original orders I factually got the same amount of USD value spent which happens to be worth more BTC since the price is lower now.... Think about it for a little bit and hopefully you'll understand.

Oh in that case if they were tail end of 2013 orders, you probably got more BTC back than the original amount of hash would if delivered on time.

I know someone with a earlier order than you that got refunded JUST before the FTC swooped in, and they got about half a BTC more than the single monarch would have mined if delivered at most optimistic time. i.e. at start of March if delivery was "sometime in March" at order time.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:50:01 PM

When did you request refund?

I did it early in september'14, right before FTC moved on with shutdown, still waiting...   at the very least your post gives me hope
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:38:00 PM

They sent it only because they have to, Butterfly Labs is in deep water atm with the Feds for malpractice, etc. Bascially, Butterly Labs is a scamming company, but because they have the money to repay you, they did(probably to try and look better in court).
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:56:19 PM

Well you're really lucky that they payed you, because they're a scamming company.
As the one above said, they would look better in court  Embarrassed

I did it early in september'14, right before FTC moved on with shutdown, still waiting...   at the very least your post gives me hope

I don't think you should get your hopes up too much.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:07:47 PM

I don't think you should get your hopes up too much.

actually, my hope is to get my refund sooner than later. 
WeMineCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 09:20:42 PM

These are the orders I was refunded. Some of these were actually converted from 28nm orders though.

ORDER #   DATE   SHIP TO   ORDER TOTAL   ORDER STATUS   
100108346   3/21/14   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
100104726   1/29/14   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
BFL-057468023   1/3/14   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
BFL-127047469   1/1/14   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
BFL-058046149   1/1/14   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
BFL-568027367   12/5/13   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
BFL-578589178   12/5/13   Ian Dixon   $***   Pending   View Order
BFL-169478078   12/2/13   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
BFL-467468014   11/15/13   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
BFL-789047036   11/14/13   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order
BFL-279134167   11/12/13   Ian Dixon   $***   Refunded   View Order

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 09:39:00 PM

Is BFL a cloud mining service?

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:30:39 AM

Did the US government prosecute them and make them send out the refunds?

No, in fact the FTC stopped them making refunds for months, just check the forums or their website! They were already sending out refunds on a voluntary basis (because of all the massive delays) and then a few months ago the http://www.ftc.gov knee-jerked them.

I cannot say BFL are the good guys and FTC the bad guys but they were definitely sending refunds BEFORE FTC or the court did anything.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Braedo

Activity: 70

BtcMarkets - Australian Bitcoin Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 12:34:16 AM

No, Butterfly Labs is a mining hardware developer or was I should say.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
██████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ██████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:56:04 AM

No, Butterfly Labs is a mining hardware developer or was I should say.

Well initially yes, but with their last product offering, they also brought out "hosted mining" and "mining by the Gh" plans that could be thought of as cloud mining.... which were dependant on large quantities of their latest equipment being manufactured, so don't know status of those at present, whether they've brought significant amounts online or not.

and the "was" I guess, is because it could be doubtful whether they will have the spare funds to develop another generation of hardware. However, they could "race for the bottom" with Antminer, against which I think they are still competitive on W/Gh, so need to get realistic on pricing. Selling from stock, they may just scrape up enough cash for developing another generation.

However, they would actually represent a somewhat tempting target for a venture capitalist to re-invent, presuming that they probably insist on their own management team.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:44:13 AM

Just another Ponzi Roll Eyes

There were actually quite a number of happy BFL customers back in 2012 when they were selling their FPGA products and delivering them fairly quickly (at least the FPGA singles - not sure about the mini-rigs). Things pretty much went downhill after that with their ASIC products, but people still kept ordering from them for a long time which I cannot understand why.
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:50:42 AM

Just another Ponzi Roll Eyes

There were actually quite a number of happy BFL customers back in 2012 when they were selling their FPGA products and delivering them fairly quickly (at least the FPGA singles - not sure about the mini-rigs). Things pretty much went downhill after that with their ASIC products, but people still kept ordering from them for a long time which I cannot understand why.
Their target market was newer users/miners to the bitcoin community so their customers were probably not able to navigate various sources to be able to research BFL. You need to remember that most reputable companies have many scam reports against them by people who are essentially trying to extort money/refunds/free goods from them.

They also appeared to spend pretty heavily on advertising which allowed people to be directed directly to their site where criticism of them is minimal

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:12:07 AM

This who get coins now will be the fortunate ones before BFL house of cards crumbles.

Good luck to those with BTC funds stuck with BFL.

I don't believe everyone will get their refund in full.

Tidal wave is coming
Well I got my full refund I posted this to make sure others are aware that refunds are being sent out and they need to get a move on it quickly as I know they're about to be hit with several new / large lawsuits that will drain their funds. It is fair to note it may not matter how many times they get sued as they were into bitcoin when bitcoin was under $10 they likely have a massive stockpile of them at this point and can afford the legal fight.

Just because you got your refund does not mean that 100% of all BFL customers will get their refunds in FULL as they paid.

BFL operated from day 1 as a $8000 funded company that used customer funds to develop their products.

They operated on the preorder bullshit from day 1 and have not delivered to all of their customers because they have not had new suckers to preorder more of their BS products.

They are insolvent in my view.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

WeMineCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 06:52:47 PM

This who get coins now will be the fortunate ones before BFL house of cards crumbles.

Good luck to those with BTC funds stuck with BFL.

I don't believe everyone will get their refund in full.

Tidal wave is coming
Well I got my full refund I posted this to make sure others are aware that refunds are being sent out and they need to get a move on it quickly as I know they're about to be hit with several new / large lawsuits that will drain their funds. It is fair to note it may not matter how many times they get sued as they were into bitcoin when bitcoin was under $10 they likely have a massive stockpile of them at this point and can afford the legal fight.

Just because you got your refund does not mean that 100% of all BFL customers will get their refunds in FULL as they paid.

BFL operated from day 1 as a $8000 funded company that used customer funds to develop their products.

They operated on the preorder bullshit from day 1 and have not delivered to all of their customers because they have not had new suckers to preorder more of their BS products.

They are insolvent in my view.

Actually BFL used to sell FPGA's that were used for science and medical applications but you're probably right about 100% not getting a refund who knows either way like i said I posted this so people knew it was worth still asking them for a refund.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: