Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:54:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about the 2012 doomsday, I mean really.. it is different.  (Read 2817 times)
TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:51:45 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 04:04:55 PM by TizzyTazzy

The more you look into the history of other doomsday dates/predictions, the more you find dead ins.

For this 2012 prediction, you find nothing but time leading to this date, through many religions and the most popular one most people know of is the Mayans. Now, I'm not saying the world will end, but I am almost convinced now that something horrible will indeed happen.

I'm sure most of you bitcoiners/programmers have heard of the "web bot" which is yet another thing on the long list that says something horrible is to happen in May of 2012..

-A second depression, triggered by mass layoffs, bankruptcies, and the popping of the derivatives bubble.
-A "data gap" has been found in 2012 running through May 2013. One explanation is that "our civilization gets knocked back to a pre-electronic state," such as brought about by devastating solar activity.
-A new benign form of capitalism will emerge during 2017–2020.[20]

If you don't know about the web bot it basically was a programmed developed in the 90s to make predictions of trends in the stock market, but was later found to have much more use than that which included predicting future events.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Bot

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFYYP8040A
I liked this commercial.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:55:25 PM

It's all just a coincidence.  Wink

Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:58:58 PM

When people talk about the "2012 doomsday", I often pose the question:

Which world do you assume to perish in 2012 ?

If this was indeed a profecy of the good old Mayas, then it should be a profecy regarding the world of the Mayas, right? And didn't that world perrish allready?
Ichthyo

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:00:48 PM

....and while we're at this topic?

What exactly is our world ?

The world of catholics? The world of buddhists? The world of capitalism? The world of Bitcoin??
mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:03:39 PM

....and while we're at this topic?

The world of catholics? The world of buddhists? The world of capitalism? The world of Bitcoin??

World usually means this ball of dirt we are traveling on through the universe.

One world that is being destroyed is the economic world. It is failing fast.
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:05:12 PM

i think 2012 will be a self fulfilling prophecy, things will go to shit because everyone knows it will

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Ichthyo

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:14:16 PM

World usually means this ball of dirt we are traveling on through the universe.

somewhat yes, not really.

The fact is, World has lost the clear meaning it had in former days.
Today it could denote the planet, it could mean the universe, or it could be your universe, or [add anything here you consider as the whole ].

"The world" has become something relative, and thus any reasoning about a "doomsday" is relative as well.
Letting asside that even the term "doomsday" is a religious term, and only a fraction of people are religious. This has beocome something of taste and fashion, it has lost its fundamental nature and thus became relative. You can believe into whatever you want, and thus you can believe in whatever you want to perrish Wink

One world that is being destroyed is the economic world. It is failing fast.

full ack!
cst

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Cosmos doesn't care about you.

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:16:40 PM

AFAIR from some docus Mayan calendar is simply supposed to start a new cycle or something like that in 2013, that's why 2012 has been misinterpreted as the end of the world date.
Other than that self fulfilling prohpecy like ^ said sounds probable.
coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:19:45 PM

It's all just a coincidence.  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98OTsYfTt-c

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:37:21 PM

The thing is the list of bad happenings for 2012 have nothing to do with 2012. There is no significance to the date. Im sure enough to offer a bet on the subject. Takers?

Say if I win it's 3BTC, if I loose 50 rounds of ammo?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:56:09 PM

Mayan prophecy: The world won’t end, as a newfound calendar goes on and on and on

"In a striking find, archaeologists in Guatemala report the discovery of a small building whose walls display not only a stunningly preserved mural of a brightly adorned Mayan king, but also calendars that destroy any notion that the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012.

These deep-time calendars can be used to count thousands of years into the past and future, countering pop-culture and New Age ideas that Mayan calendars ended on Dec. 21, 2012, (or Dec. 23, depending on who’s counting), thereby predicting the end of the world..."

---

The Mayan calendar is cyclical; there is no end date.
And as someone touched on, if the Mayans were so good at prophecy why couldn't they see the end of their own civilization?
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:09:27 PM

The more you look into the history of other doomsday dates/predictions, the more you find dead ins.

For this 2012 prediction, you find nothing but time leading to this date, through many religions and the most popular one most people know of is the Mayans. Now, I'm not saying the world will end, but I am almost convinced now that something horrible will indeed happen.

I'm sure most of you bitcoiners/programmers have heard of the "web bot" which is yet another thing on the long list that says something horrible is to happen in May of 2012..

-A second depression, triggered by mass layoffs, bankruptcies, and the popping of the derivatives bubble.
-A "data gap" has been found in 2012 running through May 2013. One explanation is that "our civilization gets knocked back to a pre-electronic state," such as brought about by devastating solar activity.
-A new benign form of capitalism will emerge during 2017–2020.[20]

I am sorry, but your post is completely nonsense.

The most amazing part is that always someone cite the Mayan calendar but it give the end date using the Gregorian calendar...

So, do you even know why the Gregorian and the Mayan calendar was invented?

If you do not, here is a good start to understand why calendars were not invented to predict catastrophes:

http://galileo.rice.edu/chron/gregorian.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar

http://www.pauahtun.org/Calendar/basic.html
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 05:23:14 PM

We'll see soon enough.....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:23:30 PM

i think 2012 will be a self fulfilling prophecy, things will go to shit because everyone knows it will

Correct,  not the Mayan calender, Nibiru, sun flare eruptions or pole shifts.... just good ole man-made chaos.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:30:58 PM

I've scoped up on the Mayans many times. I just cannot see this happening in 2012, I don't believe they're even in the bible. If they are correct me. Say like the w2k bug that didn't happen.

Were here to stay as long as till man made natural occurrences take place. The Atlantic ocean is warming up, the west of usa is at its all time peak of burning, 9 times more than normal. Snow and cold weather isn't as what it use to be. Polar bears are out of ice caps and swimming farther than they ever have done before and most dieing from drowning. Our coal burning plants, fuel burning vehicles, wild fires, failed nuc plants, BP and their shit with the gulf are just eating this planet alive. At sometime, the earth is going to revenge itself, at what point? maybe @ your children's children lifetime. Who knows but I doubt in a few months. And it's way to late to turn back, the damage to the earth is done.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 07:44:05 PM

I've scoped up on the Mayans many times. I just cannot see this happening in 2012, I don't believe they're even in the bible. If they are correct me.

The Mayans are not in the Bible because the people who conceived of the bible (the Romans) had no idea they existed. Just like they had no idea they were on a planet in space.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 10:26:03 PM

The thing is the list of bad happenings for 2012 have nothing to do with 2012. There is no significance to the date. Im sure enough to offer a bet on the subject. Takers?

Say if I win it's 3BTC, if I loose 50 rounds of ammo?

I'm tempted to take you up on that, but what if 12/21/12 is the date that Bitcoin becomes the defacto world currency? Then you will have lost, as there was significance to the date, but in that event I'd rather have the BTC than the ammo.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:57:13 PM

Which events are used to calibrate the calendar, i.e. synch it with our own so that we can convert 13.1.1.1.1 to Nov 1, 2011 (as some said) or other Julian calendar day? 

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:58:56 PM

I've scoped up on the Mayans many times. I just cannot see this happening in 2012, I don't believe they're even in the bible. If they are correct me.

The Mayans are not in the Bible because the people who conceived of the bible (the Romans) had no idea they existed. Just like they had no idea they were on a planet in space.

The bible was not exactly produced by the Romans, although one or more writers were Roman citizens. The bible was conceived in three languages:

The Bible was written in the languages of ancient Palestine: Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. The Old Testament has been transmitted to us primarily in these languages. Written mainly in Hebrew, it was translated into Greek (the Septuagint) before the text became quite stable.

http://www.bible.gen.nz/amos/language/languages.htm

The Romans used to speak and write in Latin:

Latin is an Italic language originally spoken in Latium and Ancient Rome. Along with most European languages, it is a descendant of the ancient Proto-Indo-European language. It originated in the Italian peninsula.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:13:51 PM

Which events are used to calibrate the calendar, i.e. synch it with our own so that we can convert 13.1.1.1.1 to Nov 1, 2011 (as some said) or other Julian calendar day? 

Not events, just pure mathematics:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: