Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:34:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a friendly advice for the new guys  (Read 5503 times)
svein

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:48:32 PM

I assume that, when all of us first heard of bitcoins and started reading about it, all of us made our first few satoshis on some faucet like freebitco.in or any other, and everything was like "I'm gonna make so much bitcoins with this!". But when you use if for some time and get a little bit more into bitcoin, you'll see that that amount you've collected over a week or so, is barely worth a penny.
So here's the advice, when you first come here and read all about them faucets, don't get your hopes up (like I did) thinking you will make something out of it. Owners of those faucets are the only ones who will profit. Faucets are there just in the beginning to help you see what it's like to receive, own, send bitcoins and how to use your wallet.

Use the faucets, see how it feels to have bitcoins but don't expect anything more than that.

at least do the math with any investment you do and see if it's worth the time
anneoa83

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:16:17 AM

Learn more about bitcoin. Learning will make you earn bitcoin in multiple ways. Shine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: