Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Preventing newbies to start new threads!  (Read 2322 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:56:11 PM

Newbies must not be able to start new topics in Announcements section.
+1
+100 Smiley I totally agree with the no newbies starting threads for announcements Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:58:04 PM

You know what else is a good idea? Stop investing in scammy coins looking for quick profit and start supporting the ones that have already proven themselves.

If you keep falling for the same old crap then its time to consider making better decisions.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:00:39 PM

You know what else is a good idea? Stop investing in scammy coins looking for quick profit and start supporting the ones that have already proven themselves.

If you keep falling for the same old crap then its time to consider making better decisions.

I tweet about that every single day, but I will repeat myself - people in general are sheeps. That is why imo some measures should be made. Many people can't decide for themselves on what to invest and what not to...

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:07:27 PM

We're not shutting down especially because of the scams, rather the general health of the markets.

It's harder than ever for us to turn a profit, therefore we halt our operations for the time being. We do realize that most of 2014 coins were scammish and most didn't end up great, but the scams are not the main reason for our closure.

Just wanted to clarify that Smiley

Scams are killing the price of good coins and therefore profits so I think it is main reason. Smiley

that's like saying altcoins are killing the price of bitcoin.

untrue.

It's not like btctalk sr. member accounts can't be bought. I don't think it's going to stop scammers at all.

Of course that altcoins (and scams) has something to do with the price of bitcoin. What do you think scammers are doing? Take some BTC, sell them for no matter what price and buy themselves boats. How about prices of abandoned coins? You buy 1BTC worth of shitcoin at 1k satoshi and your investment is $275 (based on BTC current price). What happens when it hit 100 satoshi for example and you still didn't sold?

u can't be serious. lol

Are you aware that $1.8 million worth of bitcoins are being thrown in market on daily basis?

Are you aware that we don't have buyers who'll buy those BTC?

Are you also aware that most of those BTC users look at whole altcoins as SCAMS?

Are you also aware that btctalk accounts can be bought online?

Are you also aware that 0.0008 BTC can get your account unbanned?

Besides everything I've said ..no one knows what's a scam and what's not a scam anymore until you lose money. I thought shadowcash was a scam when it first came out and it has turned out to be pretty good so far.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:13:20 PM

We're not shutting down especially because of the scams, rather the general health of the markets.

It's harder than ever for us to turn a profit, therefore we halt our operations for the time being. We do realize that most of 2014 coins were scammish and most didn't end up great, but the scams are not the main reason for our closure.

Just wanted to clarify that Smiley

Scams are killing the price of good coins and therefore profits so I think it is main reason. Smiley

that's like saying altcoins are killing the price of bitcoin.

untrue.

It's not like btctalk sr. member accounts can't be bought. I don't think it's going to stop scammers at all.

Of course that altcoins (and scams) has something to do with the price of bitcoin. What do you think scammers are doing? Take some BTC, sell them for no matter what price and buy themselves boats. How about prices of abandoned coins? You buy 1BTC worth of shitcoin at 1k satoshi and your investment is $275 (based on BTC current price). What happens when it hit 100 satoshi for example and you still didn't sold?

u can't be serious. lol

Are you aware that $1.8 million worth of bitcoins are being thrown in market on daily basis?

Are you also aware that most of those BTC users look at whole altcoins as SCAMS?

Besides everything I've said ..no one knows what's a scam and what's not a scam anymore until you lose money. I thought shadowcash was a scam when it first came out and it has turned out to be pretty good so far.

This discussion is not about in what I am aware or not. I just think that it will reduce scams.. not stop them. Talking about awareness is not the smartest thing we can do. I am aware for example that war is illegal (drugs too), but many people have access to them (weapons and drugs).

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:20:16 PM

I always tell people when I recommend a coin to check how active the Dev is and how new the devs ideas are and how fair the coin will be distributed and to check all those types of things.  Are there a heck of a lot of newbie accounts posting saying this coin is going to be BIG??? Probably not going to happen.  Does the Dev answer the communities questions when they ask them because he is dedicated to his coin and making it a success?? NO? You probably shouldn't invest in that coin Smiley These are just a few of the tricks of the trade that I've learned since I started trading because before I used to just follow everyone's tweets on twitter lol And wow was I ever lucky that I didn't go bust the first week trading Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 06:28:23 PM

u can't be serious. lol

Yes, anyone who's not aware is ignorant.
Yes we have buyers hence the price not crashing (slow, but acceptable decline).
They are all scams.
Anything and anyone can be bought.
Meh.

Yes, experienced people see a scam from a distance, unless you want a Nigerian Prince to transfer money to your bank account.  Cheesy

It would also be beneficial to prevent anyone under full member from starting topics in Bitcoin Discussion.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:25:47 PM

I personally think newbies should not be allowed to post in the Loans section either. Until at least Junior member status. The amount of valid newbie loans are kept at a bare minimal. It's best if they would not be allowed there until they've proven themselves they are a constructive member who didn't spam their way there.

Plus Vod wouldn't have to work as hard   Wink
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:46:04 PM

and there it goes a new market coming up , selling BCT accounts  Cheesy
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:10:34 AM

I don't agree with this. There are some honest newbies, remember we all started out as newbies once. However, I do agree that we need to do something about scams, but I do not think this will work. If this becomes a rule, scammers are just going to buy junior member accounts for 0.01 which is relatively cheap.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 07:40:17 AM

I don't agree with this. There are some honest newbies, remember we all started out as newbies once. However, I do agree that we need to do something about scams, but I do not think this will work. If this becomes a rule, scammers are just going to buy junior member accounts for 0.01 which is relatively cheap.

+1. I think it's better to try explaining them when they need explanation & clarification about forum rules as well as Handling bans when they broke such rules. I think also that such kind of rewards could also help policing newbies behaviour & helping root out bad apples from them.

Just my 2 satoshi.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 11:37:15 AM

Guys.. you are forgetting something. That measure will surely reduce (not stop) some of the scams. We all know that scammers can find another way, but it will be relatively harder for them. Personally I know a lot of people (I believe you too) who gave up on crypto, because it is now flooded with impudent scammers. Those scammers are affecting the prices of ALL coins as well. Cryptocurrencies market is insecure in general and just imagine how current/future investors should think, looking at all of those scams, which are making it more and more insecure.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 12:56:29 PM

You're wrong.
There is no single valid reason for anyone to create a thread on their first day.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:05:02 PM

You're wrong.
There is no single valid reason for anyone to create a thread on their first day.

My point exactly!

Superhitech
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:19:48 PM

You're wrong.

My point exactly!

But what if a newbie wants to ask a question about this forum or bitcoin? Ask the question in a thread completely unrelated to the question?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 07:48:51 PM

You're wrong.
My point exactly!

But what if a newbie wants to ask a question about this forum or bitcoin? Ask the question in a thread completely unrelated to the question?
Here is your answer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0

That's the only place they should be allowed to start a new thread.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Superhitech
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:11:17 PM

You're wrong.
My point exactly!

But then the scammers would just post unrelated spam in the beginners and help section saying stuff like "I'm sorry, but I can't post anywhere else except here, give me a loan please.
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:38:53 PM

You're wrong.
My point exactly!

HA! just realized i've had you on ignore more than 12 months
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 05:56:36 AM

But then the scammers would just post unrelated spam in the beginners and help section saying stuff like "I'm sorry, but I can't post anywhere else except here, give me a loan please.
It's easier to moderate 1 subforum than have spam in every subforum, is it not?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:21:28 AM

It's easier to moderate 1 subforum than have spam in every subforum, is it not?
Seeing the trolls in the beginners section would be a good place to learn about the ignore button.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: