Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What might the lowest possible price of Bitcoin be?  (Read 4916 times)
jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:06:01 PM

Isn't that pretty much what the naysayers said about the Internet in the early days?  And the automobile?  And the telephone?  And the computer?

Can you not see that Bitcoin is steadily evolving into something more useful than when it was first released?  They're making progress on scalability.  Computer power is increasing much faster than the economy.  We're getting better hardware wallets all the time.  And multi-signature.  Is there some fatal flaw that I'm missing?

Altcoins are useful for testing new ideas.  The best ideas will be adapted into Bitcoin, right?

Serious discussion please.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:16:16 PM

Isn't that pretty much what the naysayers said about the Internet in the early days?  And the automobile?  And the telephone?  And the computer?

Can you not see that Bitcoin is steadily evolving into something more useful than when it was first released?  They're making progress on scalability.  Computer power is increasing much faster than the economy.  We're getting better hardware wallets all the time.  And multi-signature.  Is there some fatal flaw that I'm missing?

Yep. "Today the Bitcoin network is restricted to a sustained rate of 7 tps due to the bitcoin protocol restricting block sizes to 1MB."-- https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability

Altcoins are useful for testing new ideas.  The best ideas will be adapted into Bitcoin, right?

The block reward schedule, and the resultant 12% [current] yearly inflation rate is difficult to alter--impossible without a hardfork.  A hardfork which must be agreed on by the majority of mining pools.
TL;DR: miners would have to agree to hash for fewer coins--ain't gonna happen.
Eamorr

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:21:54 PM

Under $10 is pretty much guaranteed within like a year time.
And no, there will be no recovery, bitcoin is outdated and shown to be ineffective technology.

Just curious, not trying to start a war or anything, but if you think Bitcoin is a failure, why are you posting on the bitcointalk forum?  If it were me, and I had decided something was useless, I would just move on and find a new interest.  It's more fun to hang out with like-minded people!

The idea of bitcoin is good, the implementation is just horrible.
Take a look at NXT and see a bright future.

lol

I also laughed when I read it.

A bunch of aging devs who know a bit of Java programming out of their bedroom vs. Ripple Labs Incorporated (who focus as much on intergrating their system with other asset classes, legal obstacles, marketing, admin as they do on the tech). Here's a list of investors: https://www.ripplelabs.com/investors/
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:42:06 PM

Serious discussion please.

If not they will be on Bitcoin sidechains if the Blockstream folks can get it working properly.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 07:44:27 PM

the lowest possible price is always zero

ViciousPlayer

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:02:22 PM

The lowest would probably be around $100. There are lots of people who know about BTC. There are many businesses that operate around it so I don't see it going much lower than that. If it does, you better believe that I'll be there buying them up.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:36:53 PM

100-200 range, can't get lower than that
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:39:25 PM

The lowest would probably be around $100. There are lots of people who know about BTC. There are many businesses that operate around it so I don't see it going much lower than that. If it does, you better believe that I'll be there buying them up.
I think it would be 100$ too . I am sure there would be very strong support at that amount.
It's at an attractive price right now but with the sentiment going around that it could dip to the low 200s or even into the 100s, it would be a blessing to actually have the chance again at loading up coins at a major discounts. 6 months ago, $1k could get you ~2 bitcoins so to be able to have the chance to get ~5 or so at those lower prices is way too attractive for most bitcoiners to pass up. And if you're one of the big hogs that can drop $10k or more at the drop of a hat and scoop up 50-100 or more coins, this territory is where you take care of business and that's where the market will turn.
altcoin hitler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:54:16 PM

100-200 range, can't get lower than that

what if it does? At 100$ the network is still insanely expensive to operate.

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:03:33 AM

i know the answer

after one month we will see dump to 207usd
then:
in next 3 months 184usd (4 months from now)
in next 6 months 138usd (10 months from now)
in next 9 months 92usd (19 months from now)
there we are, in the bottom, only way is up

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:24:19 AM

THe lowest price can be 0.00000001

Right now BTC is very unstable and the outlook isn't healty. There needs to be some new innovation.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:49:09 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 02:03:14 AM by johnyj

This article says enough with all the blind optimism, given current conditions what is the lowest possible price?
http://www.thegreenminute.org/bitcoin.html

$0.00001

Because no matter what, at that price I buy :-)  I'm willing to put $200,- on the table to buy up all the stash ;-)
So the price will never go below that.

But the article is not bad.  They ALMOST discovered the monetary formula.  Not completely.  But almost  Grin

It won't go that low, remove 2 zeros, I'm putting 20K on the table  Grin

Actually this is not a good way to measure its value, value is a constant pulse that sends out from exchanges every minute. Even if I bought all the coins but there is no buyers on exchange, it will have zero value

A more practical measure is the daily net supply vs daily net fiat money inflow. Daily supply should be several thousand coins (see my signature), and daily fiat money inflow will just get bigger and bigger following more and more fiat money printing (daily fiat money creation is several billion dollar around the globe)

At one point, those guys with lots of fiat money will act, either by diversifying their investment portfolio or gambling on the uncertain future of bitcoin. Currently they are throwing those money into mining farms due to low cost, but soon the mining will be more expensive than buying

They know something big is going to happen, but they don't know how big or bad it will be, and when it really becomes big, it will be too late to join the game

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:40:58 AM

This article says enough with all the blind optimism, given current conditions what is the lowest possible price?
http://www.thegreenminute.org/bitcoin.html

$0.00001

Because no matter what, at that price I buy :-)  I'm willing to put $200,- on the table to buy up all the stash ;-)
So the price will never go below that.

But the article is not bad.  They ALMOST discovered the monetary formula.  Not completely.  But almost  Grin

It won't go that low, remove 2 zeros, I'm putting 20K on the table  Grin

Actually this is not a good way to measure its value, value is a constant pulse that sends out from exchanges every minute. Even if I bought all the coins but there is no buyers on exchange, it will have zero value

A more practical measure is the daily net supply vs daily net fiat money inflow. Daily supply should be several thousand coins (see my signature), and daily fiat money inflow will just get bigger and bigger following more and more fiat money printing (daily fiat money creation is several billion dollar around the globe)

At one point, those guys with lots of fiat money will act, either by diversifying their investment portfolio or gambling on the uncertain future of bitcoin. Currently they are throwing those money into mining farms due to low cost, but soon the mining will be more expensive than buying

They know something big is going to happen, but they don't know how big or bad it will be, and when it really becomes big, it will be too late to join the game

Yep, these same folks already have their share of most other things in the world and by now the memo has gone out that the disruption tech behind bitcoin is something to look out for and once it starts showing real signs of life outside our little world currently, they'll pile on with bells and whistles. The bears will become extinct at this point. Smiley
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:46:55 PM

At one point, those guys with lots of fiat money will act ...They know something big is going to happen, but they don't know how big or bad it will be, and when it really becomes big, it will be too late to join the game

If fiat is indeed collapsing, what in the world makes you think that these savvy investors will drop fiat & start buying up your BTCeanie BTCabies BTC?
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:19:10 PM

I don't know...what the article says also has a point. But what if the lowest price is basically the price where miners would break even when they sell their bitcoin. And I mean the most efficient low cost operation miner out there

chanz

Activity: 298

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:23:17 PM

By the trend of it and support value on exchanges compared to six months ago like this it's heading down.

My BTC address : 1KfS1c14Tg2hgQEVz2bCJeFox6FpyYFvM6
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:43:40 PM

i know the answer

after one month we will see dump to 207usd
then:
in next 3 months 184usd (4 months from now)
in next 6 months 138usd (10 months from now)
in next 9 months 92usd (19 months from now)
there we are, in the bottom, only way is up

despair can't last that long, a huge pump will occur before that
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:01:24 AM

Everything happened past year is just a repeat of 2011 crash, just in a much larger scale. After the technology shift is over, there will be many wrong investment that barely can make any return, then many fiat money hunters will quit the game, left with bitcoin believers, and they will continuously expand their mining operation and took larger market share, or quietly buying coins one by one

With a technology shift, the coins will be concentrated to those who have invested in leading technologies, thus the rest of the people who want to get coin have no choice but to buy, thus push up the price dramatically. But this time when there is no large technology advance in horizon, the dramatic price swing might not happen again

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:06:24 AM

I am normally very Bullish:
$19.9998 would still be Ten Times the 2011/2012 post-'crash' low of $1.99998

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:08:18 AM

With a technology shift, the coins will be concentrated to those who have invested in leading technologies, thus the rest of the people who want to get coin have no choice but to buy, thus push up the price dramatically. But this time when there is no large technology advance in horizon, the dramatic price swing might not happen again

I'm always curious as to why people without bitcoin have 'no choice' but to buy bitcoins from the few that own them.  There are plenty of businesses that may want to use bitcoin, but from a customer's point of view the only really compelling reason to own bitcoins is to buy something that's illegal or restricted in their own country.  It's a valid use that cannot be denied, but it's a relatively small one.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: