Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:45:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
silviocorrea

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:02:02 PM

i like the new theme btw
comes an eye catching layout with a perfect color combo!!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:29:58 AM

Your project looks interesting! What price?

Kobocoin is recently trading at cryptopia and yobit.
The price is ranging between 450sat and 600 sat.

opticoin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:15:43 PM

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/what-are-the-top-10-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-exchanges-in-africa/

What Are The Top 10 Bitcoin Cryptocurrency Exchanges In Africa?

-Bitmari
-Abra
-BitPesa
-GeoPay
-Bitspark
-Remitano
-Payplux
-Naira Exchange
-Bitwala
-Kobocoin : A London-based start-up that seeks to change how Africans spend, send, and swap bitcoins. You can consult with Kobocoin as the African bitcoin — it's similar features to bitcoin but built with the normal African in mind. Kobocoin allows for immediate, phone-to-phone, bankless, and low prices bitcoin trades across the African continent and a number of other areas of the world.

turntheothercheek

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:29:23 PM

This community is going to destroy a REALLY GOOD THING if the decision to migrate to the ETHER network is realized... I think we should stay as our own network, keeping it POS, and remain independent, sustaining our own network like Africa ought to stride for post-Imperial Colonialism.

turntheothercheek

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:33:23 PM

Had to move this here so it doesn't get lost

QUICK UPDATE

The new website template is almost done. I think it's an improvement. There's a lot to it but this is how the mockup looks so far. The very top blue bar in the shot below will have market details (price in USD/BTC/ETH and other African currencies) listed as well as the social icons. The image in the mockup is from the old website. The new website will have new, targeted and brighter images (so don't get hung up on the dark Shanghai image in the mockup below). I've already seen the newer images and they're a whole lot better.

ALL TEXT AND IMAGES WILL BE CHANGED - THIS IS JUST A MOCK UP TO GET THE THEME RIGHT

https://kobocoin.com/new_website1.jpg

And below is what it looks like when it's scrolling. As you can see, the header is static and the blue top bar disappears (it's all the rage Cheesy)

https://kobocoin.com/new_website2.jpg

It also looks good on mobiles. It's a wordpress responsive site.

https://kobocoin.com/new_website3.jpg

There's so much going on behind the scenes right now but I'll leave it at this for now. There will be a forum as well as not many people outside of the industry know of BitcoinTalk. I think it would be a great way for new users to get immediately immersed in kobo.

BTW - I am now being contacted by the largest African Banks offering Kobocoin a bank account AND access to their global networks to operate on. I'm not sure one is needed right now but it's a definite sign that people are very aware of kobocoin's potential in the market.

I'll post a dev URL when I've installed it on our main servers. It will be a beta site so we can decide what works and what doesn't (just as we did with the logo).

ALSO

The new website will be SSL and have a trusted green bar.

TT

ALL THE MORE REASON NOT TO MIGRATE TO ETHER.... I am not anti-Ether, I just feel it would be a bad business decision considers the cluttered speed and required "gas" for transaction when transactions are automatically done via KOBO...  In addition, KOBO network being light years ahead as POS coin, Ether seem too political and I don't mean in term of Politics in Africa, I mean the Politics of internal struggles for control and proper decision making for their own network.
opticoin

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:12:14 AM

...."We are still involved with Bitsoko but KOBO will not be moving to the Ethereum blockchain. There were issues to do with speed (and also to do with ETH gas)+".....

from The Tribesman's post
Cashwave

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:43:45 AM

Nice concept but what is unique about this project apart from being of African origin that other similar already existing prjects? Thanks
MammothK

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:43:14 AM

...."We are still involved with Bitsoko but KOBO will not be moving to the Ethereum blockchain. There were issues to do with speed (and also to do with ETH gas)+".....
  from The Tribesman's post
Only way could see potentially around that for best of both worlds, could have Kobocoin on the ethereum blockchain and its own blockchain at the same time, and have a 1 to 1 exchange ability either inside the wallet or exchanges somehow.
Kind of like a Kobo versus Kobo duopoly. Have absolutely no clue how that could be instigated, is probably too complicated to realise in practice, lol. Grin
The_Tribesman

Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 12:17:52 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 02:27:46 AM by The_Tribesman

QUICK UPDATE

I've been very ill over the last two weeks but it's subsiding so I'm back on the case.

There's a dev website at http://dev.kobocoin.com/ - I'm not 100% happy with it so I'm now learning WordPress (from scratch) and building the website myself. I want it to compete with the likes of:

https://www.safaricom.co.ke/
https://www.worldremit.com

So I'm coming up with a brighter website for us with all the whizzy stuff (sliders, fixed image scrolling, header/logo resize on scroll, image and text fade/slide in/out, mouse focus image animation, and all that good stuff). It will be undoubtedly consumer focused (not crypto industry focused).

e.g (this is just a mock up again - there's animation going on with the image and text which you can't appreciate with this static image)

You'll have market info in the top blue bar (current price, marketcap, social icons etc). Forget the four statements lifted from the old site. This is just a mock up. I have ideas of how the site will look and I'm hoping it will be very fresh when it's finished. Crypto integrations like paper wallets, block explorer, forum etc will all be given the same look and feel. And as I've always said there will be a white paper and roadmap.

Once the APIs are finished they'll be packaged into a platform offering (koboko - http://neologisms.rice.edu/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=2729) so that developers can write apps for the blockchain.

Pace continues with the mobile wallet. I'm aiming for the website to be completed and online before the end of Q2.

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
oleglyubimov17

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:53:27 PM

Yes, I agree too. light color is joy and hope, light design is better))
MammothK

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:13:53 AM

QUICK UPDATE
I've been very ill over the last two weeks but it's subsiding so I'm back on the case.
There's a dev website at http://dev.kobocoin.com/ - I'm not 100% happy with it so I'm now learning WordPress (from scratch) and building the website myself. I want it to compete with the likes of:
https://www.safaricom.co.ke/
https://www.worldremit.com
So I'm coming up with a brighter website for us with all the whizzy stuff (sliders, fixed image scrolling, header/logo resize on scroll, image and text fade/slide in/out, mouse focus image animation, and all that good stuff). It will be undoubtedly consumer focused (not crypto industry focused).
e.g (this is just a mock up again - there's animation going on with the image and text which you can't appreciate with this static image)
https://kobocoin.com/dev2.jpg
You'll have market info in the top blue bar (current price, marketcap, social icons etc). Forget the four statements lifted from the old site. This is just a mock up. I have ideas of how the site will look and I'm hoping it will be very fresh when it's finished. Crypto integrations like paper wallets, block explorer, forum etc will all be given the same look and feel. And as I've always said there will be a white paper and roadmap.
Pace continues with the mobile wallet. I'm aiming for the website to be completed and online before the end of Q2.
Thanks Felix, sorry you have been ill, hope that you're fully recovered by now and ready to come back twice as strong, like the new websites, it all looks very dynamic  and fresh Grin

Ran the windows updated versions, and checked for virus, everything ok, wallets can still hang a little but was expecting that as this is the same version as before, am sure in time this will get sorted, I notice new country nodes coming online with the stake mining, at last count there were 34 locations, so there is a promising global network out there waiting for the next step.

Regards.
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 12:21:40 AM

Nice concept but what is unique about this project apart from being of African origin that other similar already existing prjects? Thanks

This is The Original 'existing' project for Africa. Launched 3 years ago before the current ICO craze came into existence.

Kobocoin is green by design. May not seem much to some but as time progresses PoS will be recognised as the only way forward for cryptos (imo). There are features in Kobocoin that had the future built in right from the start. It was always my intention that this blockchain should be able to exist without the need for a hard fork as time progresses. There are certain details I won't go into, but this blockchain is hopefully built with the future in mind.

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 12:28:24 AM

UPDATE:

Good news on the Horizon  Smiley

After some negotiations, KOBO is now being added to the Coinomi android wallet (where users will be able to "Sweep Paper Wallet"). This opens the possibility of dynamically generating QR Codes on a website where users can top-up their KOBO balance, or even sending an email with an attached QR code that users can sweep once they've purchased some KOBO online.

Note: I'm not sure the ShapeShift or Changelly features will be available until we've got better exchange volumes.

They're talking of their new iOS and Desktop wallets which we'll also be a part of. Once the integration is complete and released this will be heavily publicised. If initial testing is good, it will become the recommended wallet for new users. The updated Schilbach mobile wallet will be for more seasoned users as new users are struggling to get used to the fact that blockchain wallets have to sync!!

MammothK

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:33:44 AM

This is The Original 'existing' project for Africa. Launched 3 years ago before the current ICO craze came into existence.
Kobocoin is green by design. May not seem much to some but as time progresses PoS will be recognised as the only way forward for cryptos (imo). There are features in Kobocoin that had the future built in right from the start. It was always my intention that this blockchain should be able to exist without the need for a hard fork as time progresses. There are certain details I won't go into, but this blockchain is hopefully built with the future in mind.
See little future in pure proof of work when electricity costs, difficulty/Moore's law and user adoption takes effect. It was a good place to start and offers everyone a possible entry point but the ridiculous (and totally none green) amount of power bitcoin now uses just to validate 1 block is not justifiable. Am sure a number of African countries would love that amount of tera watts just to waste on producing a few coins but they don't have that to spare when they have trouble just keeping 24/7 electricity for the people in the first place. add to that, lack of distributed nodes, POS should form a naturally more even network if its done correctly (bitcoin has highly centralized mining farms with little incentive for small user seed nodes)

Ethereum has taken the step to go proof of stake only, unfortunetely it is a double edged sword because (potentially) if not distributed to enough people, only large holders of a POS coin will profit and control supply/nodes in the end.
One outcome I would never have betted on, is the multiple hard forks and surviving blockchains after the the fact, why are they needed, to me it just diminishes the strength and independance of the coin attibutes, why not have all in 1 blockchain? (lol, easy to say)

Anyway, don't know how you did it (9 bitcoins ?!) but getting added to Coinomi sounds like great news, something I learned from following coin development is the successful ones do it in small steps at a time, building strength on top of strength, as opposed to the opposite extreme which is to pump something as much as possible (often based on foreknowledge) then play the market on the downturn.

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 11:05:47 AM

See little future in pure proof of work when electricity costs, difficulty/Moore's law and user adoption takes effect. It was a good place to start and offers everyone a possible entry point but the ridiculous (and totally none green) amount of power bitcoin now uses just to validate 1 block is not justifiable. Am sure a number of African countries would love that amount of tera watts just to waste on producing a few coins but they don't have that to spare when they have trouble just keeping 24/7 electricity for the people in the first place. add to that, lack of distributed nodes, POS should form a naturally more even network if its done correctly (bitcoin has highly centralized mining farms with little incentive for small user seed nodes)

Ethereum has taken the step to go proof of stake only, unfortunetely it is a double edged sword because (potentially) if not distributed to enough people, only large holders of a POS coin will profit and control supply/nodes in the end.
One outcome I would never have betted on, is the multiple hard forks and surviving blockchains after the the fact, why are they needed, to me it just diminishes the strength and independance of the coin attibutes, why not have all in 1 blockchain? (lol, easy to say)

Anyway, don't know how you did it (9 bitcoins ?!) but getting added to Coinomi sounds like great news, something I learned from following coin development is the successful ones do it in small steps at a time, building strength on top of strength, as opposed to the opposite extreme which is to pump something as much as possible (often based on foreknowledge) then play the market on the downturn.

Yes, it's a VERY positive development. The full significance will be seen once it's released and we start pushing it. No long wait for syncing... That's a massive step forward for a growing crypto like kobo where user experience is everything (as we're trying to go for a mass market).  Let's just say that it didn't cost the 9 BTC they first quoted. They're very accommodating guys. We came to an agreement Smiley

Cost is one area that people really underestimate nowadays. Crypto used to have a very low cost of entry. Not any more! (...which is probably a good thing).

And yes, good things take time!

tekbe

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:46:02 AM

After some negotiations, KOBO is now being added to the Coinomi android wallet

Congratulations! This is a big step forward.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:31:43 PM

Dev,

Kobo is sync on Yobit but it says "Withdrawal for such currency is temporary off."

Usually their in another blockchain (fork) but with KOBO the problems seems different.

Please contact them, I'm trying to set up a staking 24/7 wallet
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 10:08:09 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 09:51:33 AM by The_Tribesman

Hi! Why on yobit kobo can't be withdraw? Dev can you contact them and see what is the problem?
Dev,

Kobo is sync on Yobit but it says "Withdrawal for such currency is temporary off."

Usually their in another blockchain (fork) but with KOBO the problems seems different.

Please contact them, I'm trying to set up a staking 24/7 wallet

I've been trying to get them to resolve this for almost 2 years now. Their support doesn't answer. I even tried to pay for it to be repaired and still got no reply. I've asked them to delist Kobo but they won't even do that.

All I can do is to make sure it is no longer advertised on the website.

Sorry but I don't see any solution on the horizon for the YoBit problem.

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 10:08:42 PM

We added Kobocoin to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com)! This will allow new users to learn about Kobocoin and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link wallets, exchanges, and other services that support KOBO so that new users can easily get started. You can also review the project and post your KOBO addresses on your profile to receive tips/payments/donations in KOBO from other users Smiley

Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help add supported services? The more active the Kobocoin profile is (via user reviews and addresses), the higher it ranks in search results and the more likely newcomers are to discover the Kobocoin project!

If you are a member of the Kobocoin core team, you can manage the Kobocoin profile to respond to reviews, add/show off your entire team, update your profile information in real-time, and more! To manage the Kobocoin profile, follow the prompts within the app or contact us at support@cheddur.com for manual verification.

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cheddur

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cheddur/id1269377156?mt=8

Great News!

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 12:31:19 AM

Quick Update

After a few hiccups with the hashing module (I was able to help them solve the issue), KOBO is now integrated into the Coinomi wallet and will be available on the app with the next update. I will, of course, post screenshots here once it's released.

I'm also looking into setting up a new ElectrumX server and creating an electrum client wallet. This will mean no more blockchain downloads!

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: