Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
darkslash

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:23:24 AM

its cheap enough at a 12k market cap why not hold a little
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:10:17 AM

Jup enough growth possible.
If the plans are cool  Cool .

I see this as a potential long-term coin.
Only this going to be a long way to bring KOBO to Africa i think.

But when it is really be used there, the investors at these prices will be rewarded big. Very big.

Sooo, yes maybe it is interested to keep ~10k in my "pocket" for a while Cheesy.
Hope more people decide to do the same.

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:12:46 AM

Android wallet update:

The packager installer works OK

install

install

menu'd

in the app (on bitcoin testnet hence the mBTC and currency being striked out)

I'm using the bitcoin test network until kobocoinj is up and running and then I'll point the app at the kobocoin blockchain (after testing).

I like scanning QR codes, even when I know it's wrong!

And finally ... the kobocoin signature!

Next step is to get kobocoinj up and running. But not now. I'm going to get some rest and spend some time with my daughters (when they wake up!)
 Smiley

Good work Dev, keep it up Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 04:02:50 PM

Jup enough growth possible.
If the plans are cool  Cool .

I see this as a potential long-term coin.
Only this going to be a long way to bring KOBO to Africa i think.
Thanks. The community has been amazing/awesome/wow. Really unexpected after 2014.

Check here though - https://twitter.com/followers - It's already happening. The Android wallet is now the bottleneck.
 Smiley

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 06:21:01 AM

UPDATE:

The kobocoinj software was configured and running today, but unfortunately the core bitcoinj does not work with PoS. So that has to be shelved. And the existing wallet also has to be shelved.

There's a peercoin implementation of a PoS wallet and a modified bitcoinj that I'll take a look at tomorrow. They're both available on github. It's a clone of the same Schildbach wallet, so working with it shouldn't be too different.

I'll let you know how I get on.

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:08:20 AM

UPDATE:

The kobocoinj software was configured and running today, but unfortunately the core bitcoinj does not work with PoS. So that has to be shelved. And the existing wallet also has to be shelved.

There's a peercoin implementation of a PoS wallet and a modified bitcoinj that I'll take a look at tomorrow. They're both available on github. It's a clone of the same Schildbach wallet, so working with it shouldn't be too different.

Librex coin also has a mobile wallet that stakes.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 12:40:21 PM

UPDATE:

Librex coin also has a mobile wallet that stakes.
Thanks. And there's also Blackcoin that uses an updated version of the Peercoin staking wallet.

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 07:16:30 AM

UPDATE:

I haven't had much time this weekend but I've been able to take a look at 3 PoS wallets.

1. Peercoin - Uses nodes to aid connection speed (stable, not true staking, but allows use by PoS coins)
2. Librexcoin - True staking wallet (but had problems in use)
3. Blackcoin - Decentralized - They use Coinomi officially so I'm not sure what's happening there.

The best match would be a mix of 2 and 3.

For now, the Peercoin offering is the best to go forward with. I'm going to speak to a team of developers I've used before to see if they can get up to speed and come up with something (a mix of 2/3). It sounds like a lot to ask, but I'll ask anyway. They've done it before.

I've compiled and installed the Android wallet for Peercoin. Librexcoin is not available, and the Blackcoin wallet has a serious compile issue (I'm happy to be corrected here).

So the next thing is to get an ABE explorer built and start building the Kobocoin wallet to the Peercoin specs. Matthew, who wrote the code, has said if I'm not done in a month he might help me out, so fingers crossed that he's not needed.

There's already a VPS in place so I can get started on it later today.

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:36:59 AM

I apriciate your works. You are the one of the real devs  who i saw
darkslash

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:46:40 PM

hi everyone lets all do our bit and flood polo with requests for kobo coin thanks in advance
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
request kobocoin
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:34:11 PM

UPDATE:

I haven't had much time this weekend but I've been able to take a look at 3 PoS wallets.

1. Peercoin - Uses nodes to aid connection speed (stable, not true staking, but allows use by PoS coins)
2. Librexcoin - True staking wallet (but had problems in use)
3. Blackcoin - Decentralized - They use Coinomi officially so I'm not sure what's happening there.

The best match would be a mix of 2 and 3.

For now, the Peercoin offering is the best to go forward with. I'm going to speak to a team of developers I've used before to see if they can get up to speed and come up with something (a mix of 2/3). It sounds like a lot to ask, but I'll ask anyway. They've done it before.

I've compiled and installed the Android wallet for Peercoin. Librexcoin is not available, and the Blackcoin wallet has a serious compile issue (I'm happy to be corrected here).

So the next thing is to get an ABE explorer built and start building the Kobocoin wallet to the Peercoin specs. Matthew, who wrote the code, has said if I'm not done in a month he might help me out, so fingers crossed that he's not needed.

There's already a VPS in place so I can get started on it later today.

You just keep beavering away at the code, this coin will do well.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

LordOfCoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:04:14 PM

Is there a fountain for kobo anywhere?
darkslash

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:03:58 PM

Is there a fountain for kobo anywhere?

fountain ? kobo is the holy grail
darkslash

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:27:00 AM

hi there kobo man can you answer me 1 question on how you plan on bringing this to africa ?
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:53:35 AM

hi there kobo man can you answer me 1 question on how you plan on bringing this to africa ?

Good question, I would also like to know the Dev's plans for this.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

darkslash

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:12:02 AM

Good question, I would also like to know the Dev's plans for this.

even if its just a little hint
darkslash

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:10:31 AM

just baught a few more kobo
darkslash

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:19:52 AM

hi everyone lets all do our bit and flood polo with requests for kobo coin thanks in advance
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
request kobocoin
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 11:56:34 AM

UPDATE:

The Abe explorer is now installed. The database has been loaded with the blockchain successfully. I'll be working on getting the web page up and running later today. Once that's done, I'll take a look at the DNS seeder.

darkslash

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:26:01 PM

nice one keep it up
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: