Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 03:57:07 PM

Hi tribesman. What is the last situtation about android wallet? Are we close to end?
Sorry about the lack of updates. There's been problems with the getvalidhashes API call which is needed for the mobile wallets.

This has just been resolved today but has required a complete rebuild of dns1. I've also ordered an extra 8GB of memory for dns1 as it seems to be running slowly and the getvalidhashes API call appears to be causing intermittent server crashes.

I'm waiting to hear back about the extra memory.

Once the wallet backend is stable (Abe, DNS seeder, getvalidhashes), then both the Android and BlackBerryOS wallets can be released.

I was considering releasing the unstable wallet just so that people can install it, play with it, and see that it's real, but that would be a VERY bad idea. Releasing a wallet that doesn't work properly is not an option.

We are close to the end. I would like to give an eta for delivery but issues that arise during testing have to be resolved. Each issue takes a differing amount of time to fix.

I'll make sure I post more updates. I know we're very close. It all just needs to be stable.

torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:00:44 PM

Hi tribesman. What is the last situtation about android wallet? Are we close to end?
Sorry about the lack of updates. There's been problems with the getvalidhashes API call which is needed for the mobile wallets.

This has just been resolved today but has required a complete rebuild of dns1. I've also ordered an extra 8GB of memory for dns1 as it seems to be running slowly and the getvalidhashes API call appears to be causing intermittent server crashes.

I'm waiting to hear back about the extra memory.

Once the wallet backend is stable (Abe, DNS seeder, getvalidhashes), then both the Android and BlackBerryOS wallets can be released.

I was considering releasing the unstable wallet just so that people can install it, play with it, and see that it's real, but that would be a VERY bad idea. Releasing a wallet that doesn't work properly is not an option.

We are close to the end. I would like to give an eta for delivery but issues that arise during testing have to be resolved. Each issue takes a differing amount of time to fix.

I'll make sure I post more updates. I know we're very close. It all just needs to be stable.

You will get it fixed i'm sure.good call not to release.
Keep it up

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:10:08 PM

Why is the bittrex wallet status "Delayed"?

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 10:36:21 PM

I've just checked and it seems OK. They do maintenance on wallets from time to time.

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 11:11:25 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 12:44:58 AM by TheTribesman

UPDATE:

I think it's best to show you pics of how things are going

Below is a screenshot of both Android and Z10 wallets side by side:

The wallets are syncing correctly. The Z10 wallet is very reliable in syncing but the MotoG needs constant restarting (of the wallet) to eventually fully sync up. This may just be the MotoG as other android phones seem to sync correctly.

I'm hoping that the final hurdle is detailed in the next screenshot. The issue is this:

1. User A requests 1000 KOBO
2. User B scans request
3. User B wallet shows request for 10 KOBO only

The screenshot below shows this issue:

So, next steps

1. Sort out the issue above
2. Increase memory on dns1.kobocoin.com to 8GB (server is being rebuilt for this - online soon)
3. Secure platform
4. Release Android and BB wallets on BitCoinTalk (plus updated desktop wallets)
5. Release Android and BB wallets on Google Play and BlackBerry World
6. iOS wallet

I know where the problem lies (the denomination calculation is off) but fixing it is not as easy as it first looks. Most changes create unforseen issues downstream, so it's not as simple as just making the change in one file.

Trying to be positive about it all, one thing to note is that when the wallets are eventually released they'll be backed up by a stable backend platform. Kobocoin will be one of the very few cryptos with this level of tech infrastructure behind it.

There's been questions on how this is to be introduced into West Africa. This is something that's being taken care of outside the scope of this forum. It's well in hand. We are not counting on hope. We do have a plan to introduce the wallets to West Africa (and the entire continent). It's a big job, but we're not backing down.
 Smiley

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 11:47:32 PM

MAKE WAY! HERO MEMBER IN DA HOOS!

Cheesy

CaptainCrapper

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:41:00 AM

UPDATE:

I think it's best to show you pics of how things are going

Below is a screenshot of both Android and Z10 wallets side by side:

The wallets are syncing correctly. The Z10 wallet is very reliable in syncing but the MotoG needs constant restarting (of the wallet) to eventually fully sync up. This may just be the MotoG as other android phones seem to sync correctly.

I'm hoping that the final hurdle is detailed in the next screenshot. The issue is this:

1. User A requests 1000 KOBO
2. User B scans request
3. User B wallet shows request for 10 KOBO only

The screenshot below shows this issue:

So, next steps

1. Sort out the issue above
2. Increase memory on dns1.kobocoin.com to 8GB (server is being rebuilt for this - online soon)
3. Secure platform
4. Release Android and BB wallets on BitCoinTalk (plus updated desktop wallets)
5. Release Android and BB wallets on Google Play and BlackBerry World
6. iOS wallet

I know where the problem lies (the denomination calculation is off) but fixing it is not as easy as it first looks. Most changes create unforseen issues downstream, so it's not as simple as just making the change in one file.

Trying to be positive about it all, one thing to note is that when the wallets are eventually released they'll be backed up by a stable backend platform. Kobocoin will be one of the very few cryptos with this level of tech infrastructure behind it.

There's been questions on how this is to be introduced into West Africa. This is something that's being taken care of outside the scope of this forum. It's well in hand. We are not counting on hope. We do have a plan to introduce the wallets to West Africa (and the entire continent). It's a big job, but we're not backing down.
 Smiley

I'm digging it! I bought high from day 1... I've got faith in this coin & love the fact that we've got an honest dev like yourself behind it. That says volumes! You constantly keep people informed, whether everything's rosy or if there are issues to be worked out. Many devs keep folks in the dark about things. You do not & that's very admirable. I'm sticking with this coin!
Keep up the good work, my man!
Btw, could this also be introduced to Haiti? I think it would be a great idea. What are your thoughts?
I don't believe there is a coin for Haitians.
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:49:07 AM

I've just checked and it seems OK. They do maintenance on wallets from time to time.

Ok I going check

th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:18:48 AM

I have bought a lot of this coin few weeks ago, and even if the volume is low and the price steady, I have faith because you are doing a really good job and you are dedicated to your project.

Congrats and respect for your job !
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:27:56 AM

I'm digging it! I bought high from day 1... I've got faith in this coin & love the fact that we've got an honest dev like yourself behind it. That says volumes! You constantly keep people informed, whether everything's rosy or if there are issues to be worked out. Many devs keep folks in the dark about things. You do not & that's very admirable. I'm sticking with this coin!
Btw, could this also be introduced to Haiti? I think it would be a great idea. What are your thoughts?
Thanks, and glad to hear you've been here from the start. I hope you've enjoyed the journey so far (apologies for the delay).
 Smiley

I would love kobocoins to also be introduced to Haiti, or anywhere else where people see the benefits of using them. If there's serious interest I'd be very happy to add Haiti to our strategy. Serious interest means more than just comments here on the forum.

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:19:52 PM

I invested in this coin and held for one reason: The developer!

He's open about what he's working on, keeps the investors updated even if it's just something mundane and most off all he knows what he's doing.

Good work Dev. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

johnbrainless

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:53:47 PM

lets make an irc channel with a tipbot so users can chat about kobocoin and tip each other in real time. i know someone that can setup a bot for our needs.

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
CaptainCrapper

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:13:38 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 11:27:37 PM by CaptainCrapper

Thanks, and glad to hear you've been here from the start. I hope you've enjoyed the journey so far (apologies for the delay).
 Smiley

I would love kobocoins to also be introduced to Haiti, or anywhere else where people see the benefits of using them. If there's serious interest I'd be very happy to add Haiti to our strategy. Serious interest means more than just comments here on the forum.

True. I mentioned it because I can see the usefulness of it & of course most came from West Africa in the first place, so it would make sense. I'm involved in a Haitian religious sosyete in my area (I'm in the States), but can ask around the community, put the word out, etc...  See if I can gage the level of interest. So yes, at this point it is just words on a forum, but everything starts as an idea. I hope it's a good idea & am glad that you are open minded. I do think I could generate interest by explaining how crypto-currencies work in general as well as the benefits of being able to transfer Kobo via cell phone.

At any rate, keep up the great work. I will keep you posted.
Long live KoboCoin!  Grin

EDIT: Some quick research I just pulled up from Wikipedia:

Despite wide-ranging poverty, Haiti increased its mobile phone coverage rate from 6% to 30% in one year (May 2006 to May 2007). Haiti is now the driving force in mobile phone growth in the Caribbean, while radio remains the primary information medium for most Haitians.

6.1 million mobile lines (102nd in the world) covering 61.6% of the population (2012).
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:15:17 AM

So have these poor regions switched to the use of fancy hi tech phones? What about integrating Kobocoin in an sms application, so the millions of old nokia/samsung/whateveroldphone could also use it.
opticoin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:09:20 AM

Since generic China-branded android  phones are dirt cheap nowadays, development of the Android wallet should  be the priority at this moment... I think this is one the few coins out there with real social and economic goals..    After the launch of the Android wallet,  a tie-up with African-based money remittance services would be a step in the right direction.. Africans from around the world can send money to their families in the region through Kobo
johnbrainless

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:22:10 AM

So have these poor regions switched to the use of fancy hi tech phones? What about integrating Kobocoin in an sms application, so the millions of old nokia/samsung/whateveroldphone could also use it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1w84nf/a_few_people_asked_for_an_sms_tipbot_so_i_made_one/ something like this.

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 02:59:28 PM by th00ber

We have to take an effort and support the coin on Bittrex.
This exchange is a big one, we have to keep it up !

Miners can point their daily profit on buying some Kobo.
And new investissors are welcome.

Just 1000$ invest can let the price go to 500 satoshis and secure the coin on exchange Smiley
torrantz

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:38:13 PM

We have to take an effort and support the coin on Bittrex.
This exchange is a big one, we have to keep it up !

Miners can point their daily profit on buying some Kobo.
And new investissors are welcome.

Just 1000$ invest can let the price go to 500 satoshis and secure the coin on exchange Smiley

I'm buying all i can
but it aint much.
we must avoid delisting

███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:28:37 PM

De-listing shouldn't be an issue.

Kobo has twice the volume of BlakeCoin & that isn't under any threat.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
torrantz

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:35:37 PM

Bittrex finds it a problem

https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-KOBO

███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: