Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:30:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VXC] V.Cash (Was: [VNL] Vanillacoin), a quiet word of warning.  (Read 14190 times)
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 08:22:43 AM

Evil software. Not buy!

bitfish

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:57:40 AM

gmaxwell apparently reported it to the vanillacoin/vcash developers themselves via a github issue, assuming good faith which would have meant the lack of the required Bitcoin attributions was an honest error. Instead of correcting the error (which it clearly wasn't), the vanillacoin/vcash developers hid the issue.

As far as I know,no Bitcoin developer has, so far, reported the issue to github itself nor made a takedown request with github on the basis of the license violation and copyright infringement, but they would be within their rights to do so, and will be for the next 50+ years (unless the repo is deleted first).

That's so scumbag of them!  It's OK, I know what to do...

LOL. A picture says more than 1000 words. Looks like a real trustworthy gentleman to me.  Grin

gmaxwell (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 8441

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 07:39:58 PM

It looks like someone was getting jealous of scammer Craig Wright bogus patent drama and decided to start some of their own https://twitter.com/vdotcash/status/746811738364928000 with an extra helping of incoherent jibberish.
Mogul59

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:32:46 AM

delicious coin
yelllowsin

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 11:11:48 AM

I know what you are trying to do creating this post.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 06:55:08 PM

gmaxwell apparently reported it to the vanillacoin/vcash developers themselves via a github issue, assuming good faith which would have meant the lack of the required Bitcoin attributions was an honest error. Instead of correcting the error  (which it clearly wasn't), the vanillacoin/vcash developers hid the issue.

As far as I know,no Bitcoin developer has, so far, reported the issue to github itself nor made a takedown request with github on the basis of the license violation and copyright infringement, but they would be within their rights to do so, and will be for the next 50+ years (unless the repo is deleted first).

or John wrote a bunch a code while working through open SSL. And the code that you are refencing came from the work he originally developed..

actually thats probably full tin hat,  more likely Bitcoin Core are a bunch of lame ducks and have no idea who wrote that code in the first place...

1 year later no action(after lead dev G maxwell made that accusation)= not gonna happen.

I think you are right.

Also note that this thread was necro'd because Monero are having a few little issues with John at the moment and they are desperate to shut him down...........

Monero never had a single valid issue reported via John Conner.  And JC managed to shut himself (along with Vtrash) down with no help from gmax/smooth.

But you are still a liar, idiot, and Vcash scam pumper for believing/spreading JC's false XMR zero-day rumor and defending the now provably dishonest/insane Julian Cain rip-off artist.

Good job ceti.  I like it when you drop these nasty little piles of your stupidity for me to eventually rub your face in.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
██████