Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I used to trust Patrick Harnett  (Read 32646 times)
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:21:19 AM

blah blah blah - trolls are getting old and rather uninteresting

I was advised recently (last hour or so) that I now have an imposter on IRC.  that's getting really sad - I hope whoever it is has a real life

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WifeOfStarfish

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 05:11:28 AM

So its easy to get these returns on paper as long as you naively assume almost everyone will pay you back, but the reality is likely a whole lot different. I will be very curious to see how much of his loans Patrick will be able to recover, considering how many of the people he totally trusted have already defaulted and/or are now branded as scammers.
Patrick scammed himself, unfortunately.

I think that's right.

My thoughts (not that anyone asked):

1. WifeOfStarfish reads like a sockpuppet to me. If I were Patrick, I'd not want to show this to anyone.

More like a meat puppet.

Such a charming, lovely man you must be to call me that.
WifeOfStarfish

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 05:13:33 AM

So its easy to get these returns on paper as long as you naively assume almost everyone will pay you back, but the reality is likely a whole lot different. I will be very curious to see how much of his loans Patrick will be able to recover, considering how many of the people he totally trusted have already defaulted and/or are now branded as scammers.

I think that's right.

1. WifeOfStarfish reads like a sockpuppet to me. If I were Patrick, I'd not want to show this to anyone.

More like a meat puppet.

quoted for meat puppet LOL Cheesy

I'm a real person, married to Patrick and you are incredibly rude.
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 05:25:25 AM

Patrick, is this your real wife?

If yes, please confirm (and welcome to the forums WifeOfPatrick), otherwise, please ask mods to label the account as a scammer.

Bitcointalk seems to be having some problem lately - I have been missing email updates on threads I'm subscribed to.
I haven't heard anything about this thread for months, and there seems to be quite a debate going on. Filed a bug report.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 05:45:25 AM

If there's one way to unravel any semblance of professionalism you've built up for your business over many months, it's to have your spouse suddenly appear and start engaging in personal slanging matches with your detractors.

Do you assume Patrick commands his wife and she obeys?
Is there a possibility that she ... I don't know ... has a mind of her own?

Thanks Cobra! I'm certainly well-informed about Patrick's bitcoin business - it's my marital money involved too! And I am entitled to be angry when people slander or troll him. He doesn't show it on this forum but he gets affected by all the negativity directed his way.

Anyway, better zip my lip from now on (with the exception of responding to that idiot Micon)

Wendy

Why do you think you should "zip it"?
After reading the messages from the past few weeks, I assume you really are wife of Patrick. You shouldn't feel the need to cower before the ignorant masses of bitcointalk - speak your honest mind, have no fear of misinterpretation.

Despite withdrawing some funds lately (Patrick can privately explain to you why), I still fully trust him, and I hope he can lead and revive the legitimate lending business (with saner interest rates).

How is that abusive exactly? I'm not saying he is an idiot. I'm saying that argument boils down to arguing that he's an idiot. Obviously, it's an argument I don't accept.

What is abusive, however, is calling other people abusive to shut them up or make them feel or look bad. And telling people you're reporting them to the mods to silence a view you disagree with is bullying. I don't think anyone finds your feigned fragility convincing.

If you met me face to face you would not accuse me of ''feigned fragility''. Do you understand that the more you are toxic on this forum, the less the people you want to hear from will post? You have lost Starfish for starters: he has had enough.

Added JoelKatz to my ignore list. I've been aware of the existence of the profile WifeOfStarfish for exactly 10 minutes now, and already her opinion is more valuable to me than all your future posts (I trust her by association).

How is that abusive exactly? I'm not saying he is an idiot. I'm saying that argument boils down to arguing that he's an idiot. Obviously, it's an argument I don't accept.

What is abusive, however, is calling other people abusive to shut them up or make them feel or look bad. And telling people you're reporting them to the mods to silence a view you disagree with is bullying. I don't think anyone finds your feigned fragility convincing.

You are the most detestable individual I have ever come across on the internet

WifeOfStarfish, it's a good thing you haven't dealt with Pirateat40 then.

OK, that's enough catching up to do, I see other people have joined the thread, but I don't want to waste anymore time on trolling ... just wanted to give props to WifeOfStarfish and to Patrick, and send this nice unrelated song that might cheer you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-QKFbNU2CY

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:42:18 AM

I think that's right.

More like a meat puppet.

quoted for meat puppet LOL Cheesy

Regardless,you have no rights to attack people for questioning harnetts business practices
even if you are his meat puppet but from your posts you have done more to under mine starfish loans
than promote it
joel asked valid questions about the deal  and still nobody has answered them except trying to undermine
the credibility of joel which is silly since hes not running a shady operation with anyone elses coins

but you go back to caling people rude instead of answering the real issues like if harnett can make so much
money why does he need to constantly borrow more Huh

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:00:43 AM

but you go back to caling people rude instead of answering the real issues like if harnett can make so much

Actually, WifeofStarfish doesn't need to defend me or my business, and she wasn't attacking people like the crap that's been thrown at her for attempting to be civil.  It's not necessary for her to explain, and my previous attempts to explain have been ignored or deliberately misconstrued.  AND pull your arse out of your ears, I haven't been taking deposits for weeks (demonstrating the trolls are not interested in what is actually going on).
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 08:17:28 AM

AND pull your arse out of your ears, I haven't been taking deposits for weeks (demonstrating the trolls are not interested in what is actually going on).

So let's stop feeding them.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:53:57 PM

Actually, WifeofStarfish doesn't need to defend me or my business, and she wasn't attacking people like the crap that's been thrown at her for attempting to be civil.  It's not necessary for her to explain, and my previous attempts to explain have been ignored or deliberately misconstrued.  AND pull your arse out of your ears, I haven't been taking deposits for weeks (demonstrating the trolls are not interested in what is actually going on).

she wasnt a bit civil so lets not pretend here ,joel asking the same questions were responded to with inults and personal attacks
go back and read them if you dont believe it

if you cant handle a few simple questions then your simply not fit to be holding deposits of other peoples coin

now your resorting to rudeness and insults so your not any better than meat puppet in arguing your case
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:29:10 PM

It's worth reading this thread all over again, after seeing how things turned out.

rjbtc

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:01:17 PM

It's worth reading this thread all over again, after seeing how things turned out.

First place I came after finding out he got a scammer tag.  I rate this thread AAA+

BTC: 1AYWtqieXoQZnuT4iEk6MDEXBkdVd5BykN
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 10:44:58 PM

Just came back to collect on my big fat "I told you so."

I told you so. (That felt great)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:20:35 AM

You're welcome.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:22:04 AM

I rate this AAA+.   Nah you get the first AAAA+^(3.14E27) The title of the thread would be so hilarious if hundreds of people hadn't pissed away thousands as idiots.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:23:06 AM

This thread is now hilarious.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:50:49 AM

This thread is now hilarious.

Yep. I'm embarassed to be poster #2. I sketched out with my bitcoins before everything imploded, but I still considered Harnett to be trustworthy. The fact that I have my bitcoins right now is mostly due luck, and a gnawing sense of general distrust I developed. If there's one lesson I've learned on this forum, it's this: don't trust anyone. It's said so often but it really can't be said enough. And I really don't trust anyone anymore, except for certain people in very short time-frames. If you ever think you're being too paranoid, you're probably not being paranoid enough.  It's a lesson that some have to learn the hard way--unfortunately, some only accumulate enough wealth in one lifetime to be worth screwing over exactly once. This is the horror of financial fraud. I'm sure there are people on this forum who's lives have been devastated because of their poor judgement with bitcoins. Maybe I deserve to have lost my bitcoins. However, I'd say that nobody deserves to be scammed. Just because My house isn't 100% secure doesn't mean I deserve to be robbed.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 01:23:31 AM

OMG this is hilarious!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nice post! I agree with every word.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 08:42:13 PM

Since Patrick is now in default, and got a scammer tag, this thread is now defunct (renamed).

For what it's worth, I believe Patrick wasn't an intentional scammer, just made some bad decisions in a bad situation ... but I don't really know. I've been out of touch with the lending scene in the last few months.

Too bad both for Patrick and people he owes money to.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 08:59:54 PM

blah blah blah - trolls are getting old and rather uninteresting

I was advised recently (last hour or so) that I now have an imposter on IRC.  that's getting really sad - I hope whoever it is has a real life

So a "real life" = "being a scammer"?

lol  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 10:09:01 PM

For what it's worth, I believe Patrick wasn't an intentional scammer, just made some bad decisions in a bad situation ... but I don't really know.

That's kind of the problem though.  You need to be able to trust people to do the right thing under the worst case scenario.  Doing the right thing is easy when everything is going well and you're making money hand over fist.  Doing the right thing by others even when you've personally sustained major losses is a greater challenge for many people.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: