Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:46:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i wanna build a pool , what should i do  (Read 1011 times)
Ingramtg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:07:26 PM

if i wanna build a coin's pool , what should i do and what i needs to have can anyone tell me please

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:19:19 PM

if i wanna build a coin's pool , what should i do and what i needs to have can anyone tell me please

thanks

Download p2pool.

Run it  Smiley

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:01:01 PM

thanks

Download p2pool.

Run it  Smiley
lol... perfect Smiley

Ingramtg, unless you've got some incredibly compelling reason to start your own BTC mining pool, I'd recommend against it.  Running your own p2pool node is relatively easy and gives you the power of running your own pool.  You just happen to be connected to a whole bunch of other nodes all working together to solve a block.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:09:59 PM

Running a bitcoin pool means people will direct tens of thousands of dollars worth of hardware at the pool, generating hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of bitcoin. Do you think people will be happy to do that if you don't even know how to set one up? This is one of those tasks that if you don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't be doing it.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:16:39 PM

Running a bitcoin pool means people will direct tens of thousands of dollars worth of hardware at the pool, generating hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of bitcoin. Do you think people will be happy to do that if you don't even know how to set one up? This is one of those tasks that if you don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't be doing it.
You hope people will direct a bunch of gear your way, and you hope you happen to find enough blocks to keep them satisfied, and you hope you have everything secured so your pool isn't compromised and you hope your servers don't crap out and you hope your payout routines work properly and you hope nobody's running block withholding attacks and ... yup, pretty much what you said Smiley

I want to build my own car but I have no clue how I should do it.  Who wants to take a ride in it?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 05:56:29 AM

There is a lot of work, coding programming and API work involved in running a pool. And not very much information out there to help you. Ask Kano on here if he will help, see what his reply is and how helpful he would be to get you started.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:32:32 AM

This is one of those tasks that if you don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't be doing it.

This. 
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:54:14 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 09:57:08 PM by kano

Firstly become a good quality:
server manager
security expert
software developer
database manager
network manager
web site manager

Next learn as much as you can about Bitcoin and clearly understand things such as:
Transactions and generating them
Coinbase transactions
Bitcoind and it settings
Bitcoind rpc interface
Wallet security
Bitcoin difficulty
Block probability and statistics
Pool payout methods, their requirements, and their problems.
Relay network

... cgminer ...
... mining hardware ...

Now you need to work out how you are going to convince a few PHs of miners to join your pool and stay there - i.e. a long term reason, not a pay people to join the pool and hope they don't leave Smiley

Once you've got all that covered very well, you should be able to ask intelligent questions about configuring your pool and not require detailed explanations of everything anyone says.

... and by this stage you should have realised that the first reply is probably the best solution for you Smiley

edit: I left one out so added it ... web site manager Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:49:56 AM

^^^THIS^^^ is why there are only a few decent pools to choose from.

Don't waste your time and effort. There are 5 or 6 guys alreading running pools WAY better than you could ever dream of.
Ingramtg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 861

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:09:49 PM

thanks all your advises guys , finally i decide give up build a pool

it is hard to achieve Cry
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:12:39 PM

thanks all your advises guys , finally i decide give up build a pool

it is hard to achieve Cry

No, that's not the problem.  The problem is there aren't many miners left to utilize a pool.  The majority of hash power is owned by the hardware manufacture's.  They run their own private pools.  The people left who would use a pool already have an established set of pools that are known entities.

Your just 3 years too late to start a pool.  Maybe look into an exchange or service business that is Bitcoin related.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:12:29 PM

I say dig a hole in the back yard to start...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: