Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:00:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think you were scammed by GAW? Tell Ars Technica  (Read 14494 times)
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:40:46 PM

Start by asking properly your question.
The real journalistic question is : What do you think about your Gaw investment? Are you satisfied or did you feel abused?

And the response is that GAW has always done what is the best for his customer. His main problem is that GAW is a big dreamer who want to think big. And it's not always easy to make all properly after that.

Is GAW is not buying back all the paycoin for 20$ after all?

Stop trying to make your opinion a reality and start to ask for facts !

NO, GAW is NOT buying back all the Paycoins for $20 each ya effing moron. They are promising to buy a miniscule fraction of them per month starting a couple months from now. Taking an investment from many people with the promise of an extravagant return and then paying out said return fractionally over a period of time from the investors pool of money is exactly how a Ponzi is pulled, FYI. The whole Paycoin scam has gone from being an in your face yet denied Ponzi scam to an in your face and openly admitted to Ponzi scam.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
TerryC

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:43:41 PM

Josh doesn't have enough confidence in his own scam abilities anymore... He's hired a professional to represent him...

well not everyone can have the same luxury as you having a mother upstairs taking care of your shit for free.

LOL!!!!!! MA! they're picking on me on the forums again!!
SteveCol

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:44:59 PM

Why not say what wild claims you are talking about Cyrus?
A bit more info would be nice
TerryC

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:53:00 PM

Start by asking properly your question.
The real journalistic question is : What do you think about your Gaw investment? Are you satisfied or did you feel abused?

And the response is that GAW has always done what is the best for his customer. His main problem is that GAW is a big dreamer who want to think big. And it's not always easy to make all properly after that.

Is GAW is not buying back all the paycoin for 20$ after all?

Stop trying to make your opinion a reality and start to ask for facts !

NO, GAW is NOT buying back all the Paycoins for $20 each ya effing moron. They are promising to buy a miniscule fraction of them per month starting a couple months from now. Taking an investment from many people with the promise of an extravagant return and then paying out said return fractionally over a period of time from the investors pool of money is exactly how a Ponzi is pulled, FYI. The whole Paycoin scam has gone from being an in your face yet denied Ponzi scam to an in your face and openly admitted to Ponzi scam.

How do you figure Ponzi scheme?? Gaw customers mined Points for Paycoins at 4.00 each? None of us have lost any money and most have already made ROI? I could sell everything now and make ROI but holding out for a larger ROI.. How is your bitcoin mining going??  Smiley
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:55:52 PM

I find it interesting Garza's alter-ego ghost writer posts a message for the shills to come here with their new accounts to discredit the OP.

Do those of you who blindly follow your Fearless [not] Leader or his coverts ever take just a moment's pause to think about how you're being played like puppets?

At any rate, to the OP, yes, Garza and his GAW, Inc. derivatives are, in my opinion, a collection of failed ideas compiled together in order to facilitate an elaborate Ponzi type scheme. The proof is there if you follow the money and talk with the those who lost significant amounts of FIAT and/or crypto in order to feed the upper 2-3 tiers of the pyramid who are still hyping up the unsustainable engine of fallacies under the guise of a legitimate "movement". Multiple federal agencies are investigating the allegations many have made and multiple unbiased [and not owned by GAW] publications are reporting on a weekly bases the shortcomings of Garza et al.

Pull up a chair, have some popcorn, and enjoy the defunct XPY drama.

Scott-
TerryC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:03:05 AM

I find it interesting Garza's alter-ego ghost writer posts a message for the shills to come here with their new accounts to discredit the OP.

Do those of you who blindly follow your Fearless [not] Leader or his coverts ever take just a moment's pause to think about how you're being played like puppets?

At any rate, to the OP, yes, Garza and his GAW, Inc. derivatives are, in my opinion, a collection of failed ideas compiled together in order to facilitate an elaborate Ponzi type scheme. The proof is there if you follow the money and talk with the those who lost significant amounts of FIAT and/or crypto in order to feed the upper 2-3 tiers of the pyramid who are still hyping up the unsustainable engine of fallacies under the guise of a legitimate "movement". Multiple federal agencies are investigating the allegations many have made and multiple unbiased [and not owned by GAW] publications are reporting on a weekly bases the shortcomings of Garza et al.

Scott-

I actually thanked him for looking into the FACTS and not just blindly posting wild speculation of ponzi and pump and dump schemes as um.. some people seem to do with zero facts to back up their claims..
dovaboy

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:05:42 AM

Hey guys,

... about GAW and Garza.

as soon as i saw this i knew you were leaning one way already. Passively dismissing/disrespecting the person you want to hear about, setting an under tone. A professional, would have said Mr. or Josh, not just a sophomoric...Garza like hes some clown your trying to get.

Now the answer,  NO. I have not felt scammed. More disappointed in some of the bad actors that dumped coin on an early release of paybase, which initially was really to be kind and let HashPoint mining folks get a little reward for dedicating so much time. After weeks and weeks of mining the public got to come in and completely nullify all our work...Which added to more dumps because they had nothing invested but a quick buck for a week or so, and then leave. Further shitting on the dedication and support we all put in.
     The site wasnt ready. Coding issues etc. Since we all know how new this is and GAW blazing trails, typically the trail blazers are gonna be the ones finding sleeping bears, if ya know what i mean. So some jurisdiction issues (that nobody can agree on in the "legal" dept of the world), popped up. Within a month of shtf, GAW and Josh Garza came up with a plan to appreciate the support from the dedicated investors. Some whom felt they were done dirty or felt scammed. I dont have the numbers of actual HashPoint mining investors or the quick buck public miners as far as whose been making the most complaints. Which could be something to look at.
     Somehow i feel though, all the detractors and fire alarmists will claim due to the diligence of their own and backbones of steel, somehow they are responsible for holding Josh accountable and we should thank them for making sure everyone got there 20$ exit.

Ive made back my money and substantially more with GAW. I feel for those that enter any market and lose. I know others have lost big time with other similar services and havent received an ounce of what GAW received. This is what innovators face. Also I havent seen one innovator in the world, and we can talk M$oft, Apple, Dell (hooking all of us up with cheap comps back in the day) Car manufactures, the list goes on...but i havent seen 1 of them be perfect every time. In products nor marketing. Believe me i want my damn 20$ exit too. Yes this issue is the 20 bucks, i know, but having the inability to wait a damn minute for things to cool off and have some dust settle is mind boggling, especially in an industry where we're waiting for shit coin after shit coin to develop its wallets and tech.
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:06:40 AM

I was sceptical of the Paycoin honors program and my posts were deleted from Hashtalk.org:
http://www.cryptozoid.me/gaw.html

Soooooooon...............
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:08:54 AM

Scott-

I actually thanked him for looking into the FACTS and not just blindly posting wild speculation of ponzi and pump and dump schemes as um.. some people seem to do with zero facts to back up their claims..
Excellent. I have had the facts and evidence for months, all of which has already been forwarded to the appropriate agencies, so regardless of the empty legal threats against me and others by Garza's single Los Angeles attorney, I welcome the legal scrutiny and look forward to the wave of depositions on BOTH sides. Maybe then, we will get some honest answers out of Garza directly and not his alter-ego shills protecting him.

Scott-
gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:14:20 AM

Alright Enough People. This Spreading of FUD is making thing bad for Bitcoin and for Paycoin as well as all Crypto. If you have not noticed since the flame war started here on Bitcointalk BTC has Plummeted in value and has caused everyone to look bad LTC suffered the worst fate so far and Thing just keep getting worse. Be Civil people. This is tiring and I baleave it is in the best interest of everyone to call a truce as none of this is helping anyone and cause both coins to lose value.      
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:14:27 AM

I've been a customer for almost a year and started with GAW Fury's and then went to cloud miners and then to mining Hashpoints for Paycoins. It has always been profitable and support and service have always been great!

Please do yourself a favor and stop reading the lies and crap from people who have never been a customer and look into the FACTS!! Believe me, You don't want to be left behind at this point!!  Wink

You've been a customer for "almost a year" even though GAW fury's went up for sale last May? Seems like a bit of an exaggeration. (like the $100 million floor)

Here are some FACTS for you:

Hashlets were advertised as:

- Always Profitable
- Reducing maintenance fees
- Never obsolete

In reality you got

- Profit for 2 months (and an extra month if you switched to hashpoints)
- Never reduced maintenance fees
- World first miner to become obsolete.

Anyone who didn't trade their "digital miners" for "cloud stakers" is currently enjoying a total earnings of 1 satoshis per day. Maybe in 30 years they will have enough satoshis to pay for the transaction fee.

Hashstakers were all sold based on the lie that there would be a $20 floor. At $5/paycoin, hashstakers are looking at more than a 50% loss. GAW blames the CFTC and says a $20 floor would be manipulation but apparently it's completely fine if they have a $20 floor buyback program that stretches the payments over months/years. (for a limited time only)

Keep in mind, there's nothing wrong with a high risk investment being unprofitable, unless you're like GAW and promising profit.

As for Vaultbreakers, Looks like everything went according to plan:

TerryC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:23:23 AM

I've been a customer for almost a year and started with GAW Fury's and then went to cloud miners and then to mining Hashpoints for Paycoins. It has always been profitable and support and service have always been great!

Please do yourself a favor and stop reading the lies and crap from people who have never been a customer and look into the FACTS!! Believe me, You don't want to be left behind at this point!!  Wink

You've been a customer for "almost a year" even though GAW fury's went up for sale last May? Seems like a bit of an exaggeration. (like the $100 million floor)

- Always Profitable
- Never obsolete

In reality you got

Anyone who didn't trade their "digital miners" for "cloud stakers" is currently enjoying a total earnings of 1 satoshis per day. Maybe in 30 years they will have enough satoshis to pay for the transaction fee.

Hashstakers were all sold based on the lie that there would be a $20 floor. At $5/paycoin, hashstakers are looking at more than a 50% loss. GAW blames the CFTC and says a $20 floor would be manipulation but apparently it's completely fine if they have a $20 floor buyback program that stretches the payments over months/years. (for a limited time only)

Keep in mind, there's nothing wrong with a high risk investment being unprofitable, unless you're like GAW and promising profit.

http://i.snag.gy/2izhc.jpg

Well, Thank you! I like facts and to know more of whats going on so I can decide for myself. I'm not a big investor and yes I believe I bought in around May and not March. I bought gridseeds from a different company before Gaw. We are all crypto addicts and all want to profit from our hobbies so let's get all the facts out there! Thanks again!
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:30:49 AM

cyrus.farivar ask Cantor Fitzgerald if they are involved with this or is it only an executive who works there that is.

Don't settle for speaking with their marketing dept. or any low level spokesperson. Insist to speak to Howard Lutnick or Shawn Matthews only.

A definitive statement is required, is the individual quoted here speaking on behalf of the company or not.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/11/25/bitbeat-gaw-miners-to-launch-bitcoin-challenger-paycoin/

The individual is the father of Garza's friend, who has backed him personally in earlier ventures. Garza has been trading off this and their name since day one to lure his victims into his scheme, that is 100 million VC funding behind his coin.

On the Cantor Fitzgerald technology investment site there is no indication of them being involved with Garza or his current scheme.

http://www.cantorventures.com/portfolio

http://www.cgtglobal.com/

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
TerryC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:36:03 AM

- Always Profitable
- Never obsolete

In reality you got

So, I believe only the primes were advertised as never obsolete.. I may be in a bit of a different category also because I bought all Zen miners and Primes and made decent bitcoins a day until the hashpoints. At that point I was making around 2.5 paycoins a day in points. I've converted all of my miners to hashstakers and they are paying 1.25 coins a day and our prime hashstakers never expire!

The 20.00 floor was not a lie but a figure they came up with based on..? Also all of the details have not come out on the buyback program yet, but I agree that part sucks and could take a long time to complete..

gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:40:00 AM

- Always Profitable
- Never obsolete

In reality you got

Don't know why you would bring up a Known Scam group such as KNCminer to try to prove some point. You people need to do your market research to see what happened to the Floor as bigtime miners dug under it and caused it to collapse. Also making a 'Market floor' is highly illegal in commodity trading so we could not make a floor. There were big dumps on the exchanges of XPY  at the start which caused the rapid price drop. This should not happen as often now as the coin is mineable through POS only now. Having the POW stage last as long as it did and not limiting the amount of hashrate was a mistake as I beleave there were big mining co. that used there power to mine XPY and cause a huge XPY serge to cause a price drop. This action of purposeful abuse and illegal market manipulation by the BTC community as they felt threatened by XPY being a better long term alternative and we as a community beleave it is still the better long term option as the Current upcomeing crash of BTC is showing it multiple weaknesses.          
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:43:32 AM

cyrus.farivar check directly with CNN if this Garza individual had any contact with them regarding an interview.

@GAW_CEO said:

So far on the schedule are CNN and Fortune Magazine, with many more to come.
    Update: All interviews are done (CCN, WSJ, Fortune Magazine, Venture).

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:45:01 AM

So, I believe only the primes were advertised as never obsolete..

Nope.

TerryC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:47:24 AM

- Always Profitable
- Never obsolete

In reality you got

Don't know why you would bring up a Known Scam group such as KNCminer to try to prove some point. You people need to do your market research to see what happened to the Floor as bigtime miners dug under it and caused it to collapse. Also making a 'Market floor' is highly illegal in commodity trading so we could not make a floor. There were big dumps on the exchanges of XPY  at the start which caused the rapid price drop. This should not happen as often now as the coin is mineable through POS only now. Having the POW stage last as long as it did and not limiting the amount of hashrate was a mistake as I beleave there were big mining co. that used there power to mine XPY and cause a huge XPY serge to cause a price drop. This action of purposeful abuse and illegal market manipulation by the BTC community as they felt threatened by XPY being a better long term alternative and we as a community beleave it is still the better long term option as the Current upcomeing crash of BTC is showing it multiple weaknesses.          

Excellent points! Mining bitcoin is not earth friendly and with the increasing power costs and difficulties, how can it be sustained now?? Paycoin is so much faster and has so much more functionality.. I honestly believe that they are going in the right direction and this is not a scam.. Look, they could have sold all their pre-mine coins and made millions and been long gone way before now?? This is a better choice for the future, but the coin launch did not go as planned otherwise the coin would be over 20 by now, IMHO.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:53:00 AM

cyrus.farivar ask Cantor Fitzgerald if they are involved with this or is it only an executive who works there that is.

Don't settle for speaking with their marketing dept. or any low level spokesperson. Insist to speak to Howard Lutnick or Shawn Matthews only.

A definitive statement is required, is the individual quoted here speaking on behalf of the company or not.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/11/25/bitbeat-gaw-miners-to-launch-bitcoin-challenger-paycoin/

The individual is the father of Garza's friend, who has backed him personally in earlier ventures. Garza has been trading off this and their name since day one to lure his victims into his scheme, that is 100 million VC funding behind his coin.

On the Cantor Fitzgerald technology investment site there is no indication of them being involved with Garza or his current scheme.

http://www.cantorventures.com/portfolio

http://www.cgtglobal.com/

Did your mom let you use the computer again kid?

You speak so much filth it hurts me to read it.

Don't be sad, we will think of you when we are looking back at history and the outcome of this ridiculous show, which you my friend are the 'court jester'

have a nice day!  oh and it's getting late,  make sure you get enough rest for school ..."your" bus picks you up pretty early in the morning I hear. Don't want to sound like a fool in school now. Smiley

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:54:34 AM

cyrus.farivar check directly with CNN if this Garza individual had any contact with them regarding an interview.

@GAW_CEO said:

So far on the schedule are CNN and Fortune Magazine, with many more to come.
    Update: All interviews are done (CCN, WSJ, Fortune Magazine, Venture).

why don't YOU check?

are you not allowed to use the phone yet?

get some sleep, it might be past your bedtime.

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: