Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think you were scammed by GAW? Tell Ars Technica  (Read 14494 times)
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:25:58 AM

Roll Eyes

They've never designed a piece of hardware in their lives.

Don't care. Has their name on it, they made it.

"Don't care" as you said, is just showing your ignorance...The rest - your retardation... Grin

GAW never produce hardware ...They have been just a RE-SELLER, if you know what this means... Wink

GAW is/was reselling products, made by Gridseed, ZeusMiner, BitMain, Innosillicon etc...

Ask your favorite Homero J. Garza...

ZiG
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:27:55 AM

Roll Eyes

"Don't care" as you said, is just showing your ignorance...The rest - your retardation... Grin

GAW never produce hardware ...They have been just a RE-SELLER, if you know what this means... Wink

GAW is/was reselling products, made by Gridseed, ZeusMiner, BitMain, Innosillicon etc...

ZiG

Has their name on it, they stand behind it. They might as well manufacture it.

-DON'T CARE-

ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:30:31 AM

Roll Eyes

ZiG

-DON'T CARE-

Complete RETARD
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:31:20 AM

Roll Eyes

ZiG

-DON'T CARE-

Complete RETARD

Semantics. Get used to that term, you'll here it a lot.

geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:32:01 AM

manufacturer   ::   reseller

browser plugin ::  direct shopping

bah, same thing.  Roll Eyes

Thank you for your testimony in the "Do you think you were scammed by GAW? " thread sir.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
cmilian

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:33:51 AM

Hey guys,

Cyrus Farivar here. I'm a reporter with Ars Technica working on a story about GAW and Garza. I spoke with him by phone yesterday and would love to speak with anyone that has had direct dealings with the company and/or has direct knowledge of financials of similar companies. He made some claims that sound wild to me, but I want to check.

My previous work: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/04/digging-for-answers-the-strong-smell-of-fraud-from-one-bitcoin-miner-maker/

EMAIL ME:

cyrus.farivar [AT] arstechnica.com

PGP/OTR: http://arstechnica.com/ars-staff-pgp-keys/#cyrus-farivar

https://github.com/cfarivar/crypto-details/blob/master/README.md

Why not seek information from the actual customers instead of in this forum?Huh
corygto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:34:00 AM

They are an absolute scam, only interested in filling Josh's pockets with BTC.

I bought in after they repeatedly promised a $20 floor that "can not fail" because their fiat backing was "too large" for that to happen.

These statements he made are documented all over the place.

When it finally came down to it, I lost a good chunk of money. I wasn't one of the lucky ones that got in early on the ponzi with the $16 dollar primes.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:35:46 AM

manufacturer   ::   reseller

browser plugin ::  direct shopping

bah, same thing.  Roll Eyes

Thank you for your testimony in the "Do you think you were scammed by GAW? " thread sir.

I can feel your hatred, it's nice and warm. Let me turn on a fan next to you, I could use a little of that heat generation. Smiley

spoken01

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:16:25 AM

NO..........its as simple as that....GAW has seemed to come through for their customers..it is a big initiative and I have NEVER seen anything this large kickoff without bumps and curves. You have to be flexible to survive a new industry and I really shouldnt have to tell bitcoiners that. Some of what I have seen on line is ridiculous.....most of it is opinion.....and some of it is flat out lies.  I believe that this company has a good idea, that it is achievable with alot of work.
I think that the bitcoin community has been unfair in their accessment and at the same time I understand the fear with all the scams that have occured recently. But the answer to your question is NO.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:49:07 AM

More condensed version showing the evidence of fraud:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900970.0

Josef_Stylin

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:57:00 AM

Seems to me that the positive reviews here are all from people who purchased HARDWARE miners from GAW. The HARDWARE which GAW did not manufacture and often simply drop shipped to users from China or spray painted their logo over white labeled miners from ZEUS. These are all tangible products which again, they were simply reselling.

Anyone care to post their hashlet experience? How about their XPY experience? You know, the non-tangible items that you can't see with your own eyes but require you to invoke some kind of trust in a guy that has a growing history of false promises and a background consisting of peddling resold (see a trend here?) wireless internet plans to rural Vermont residents.

How are you enjoying those 99.99% maintenance fees on your ALWAYS Profitable hashlet purchases that you were promised? Anyone? Hello?
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:57:55 AM

GAW was a "cloud mining" company for an effective total of less than 100 days. If 0.000001 BTC/day is still profitable to any of you then so be it. Even then, there was/is no verifiable proof of their mining infrastructure. Add to that the numerous advertised commitments they never fulfilled while censoring the vast number of unhappy customers who called him/them out in Q3/Q4 of 2014. In summary, the scheme is constantly changing with new DBA's and what can be seen as dummy corp. registrations being formed to evade regulation. The proof is there and all you need to do is follow the money. Regardless, I nor anyone else will be able to convince those of you who choose to ignore the truth and blindly support your "fearless leader" in the name of $$, which in itself proves just about anyone can be bought.

Enjoy,

Scott-
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:00:45 AM

I'm a bit late to the party, but enjoy this picture evidence of more fraud from Homero. You can talk about how Bitcoin is losing value all day. Personally I just use it as currency. I don't buy and speculate on it like stocks. There's Google stock for a reason if you want to buy and hold something. Anyways, I think I'll go shopping with BTC now at Microsoft, overstock, newegg, or the other thousands of merchants that accept Bitcoin. I think when I'm done I might buy some XPY to buy the one item that you can get with it, hotsauce. Good day.

P.S. OP could be anybody who just made an account Wink
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:22:28 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 06:33:03 AM by WaffleMaster

I bought $80 worth of Hashlet power from GAW in November. It started out fine. I was getting decent payouts that I would expect. I would defend them on this exact forum actually. I couldn't understand why people were upset, everything was great. Then, something very bad happened. All my power was only getting me 1 satoshi a day within two weeks. It sputtered before it went to complete 1 satoshi all day every day. Needless to say, this crashed the Hashlet market and I sold all my Hashlets for $40, half of my initial investment. Sure as hell was a cheap lesson to learn to never buy cloud mining ever again.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:50:53 AM

I did quite well with GAW, made more money with them than on bitcoin investments people were so enthusiastic about.

tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:02:18 AM

I bought $80 worth of Hashlet power from GAW in November. It started out fine. I was getting decent payouts that I would expect. I would defend them on this exact forum actually. I couldn't understand why people were upset, everything was great. Then, something very bad happened. All my power was only getting me 1 satoshi a day within two weeks. It sputtered before it went to complete 1 satoshi all day every day. Needless to say, this crashed the Hashlet market and I sold all my Hashlets for $40, half of my initial investment. Sure as hell was a cheap lesson to learn to never buy cloud mining ever again.

Can you tell me how much the Titans are producing? How about all the grid seeds? All mining is in the shitter. They are still paying people meaning it is a profit. Of course it sucks but at the time people didn’t think BTC and LTC would both fall so hard. So it was unwise to say always profitable. However they have done things to make up for it. They make mistakes just like any company. So far when they do they make of for it. The $20 floor was a big mistake on their part. But they are trying to make up for it. We might not like how they are doing it but they still are planning to make up for it. Heck program hasn’t even started so we can’t call it a fail at this point. It was just an underwhelming announcement.
youseeberkeley

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:02:59 AM

My investment with GAW has been the most profitable out of all of my bitcoin ventures.

I purchased 28 MH of Hashlet Primes and converted 1 War Machine and 2 Black Widows, a total of about 106MH of power (~$1500), generating daily about

0.072 BTC for a long while. Over time, the payout decreased, naturally, as is the nature of bitcoin mining.  But in those months of mining, I was able to generate

about 4 BTC, which was close to a 80% return on my investment already, not including the fact that I could sell them for $50 each anytime that I wanted to.

And Josh had a plan, and he did his best to ensure profitability for his customers.  Hashpoint mining was initiated when the price of bitcoin fell so low that

maintenence fees were eating into our profits, mining Paycoin, long before its inception, was an ingenious way to hedge against that.  After many extensions, I was

able to mine about 500 Paycoins worth $10,000 at the $20 rate.  Now my Primes are Hashstakers and are creating 1 Paycoin a day.

So even with Paycoin at $4 valuation, I've made much more than I've invested. Even today, if I sold those BTC and Paycoins, I would yield 4x$200 + 500x$4 =

$2800, almost double my original investment.  Of course, I've made back my investment long ago, and only am investing that which I am willing to lose.  So tell me,

how is it even possible that you guys didn't ROI or lost money on this?  I'd like to know.

Josef_Stylin

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:07:09 AM

which was close to a 80% return on my investment already

how is it even possible that you guys didn't ROI or lost money on this?  I'd like to know.
probably the same way you just said you did?

if you consider that a profit, well I have $80 that I would like to give you for that $100 bill in your pocket.
youseeberkeley

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:13:11 AM

if you consider that a profit, well I have $80 that I would like to give you for that $100 bill in your pocket.

I'm afraid you didn't finish reading my post:

Even today, if I sold those BTC and Paycoins, I would yield 4x$200 + 500x$4 =

$2800, almost double my original investment. 

Josef_Stylin

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:20:12 AM

I'm afraid you didn't finish reading my post:

Even today, if I sold those BTC and Paycoins, I would yield 4x$200 + 500x$4 =

$2800, almost double my original investment. 

no, I actually did read it. You threw in a ton of circumstances that had nothing to do with your initial investment into his cloud mining operation. The investment you made into his cloud miners returned 80% of your investment, correct?

What you did afterwards mining XPY or anything else has no bearing on that. What if I, or anyone else, invested heavily into the cloud miners and were promised that they were "always profitable" and then did not follow your exact path into XPY? We're stuck at 80% roi? Right. One action has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

You're spinning what you opted to do independently and convincing yourself you turned a profit from the cloud miners. They didn't.

You gave someone a pre-payment of bitcoin and he paid you back 80% of it over the span of weeks? months? That's not profit.

If I give you $80 for your $100 and then you turn that $80 into $105 on your own that doesn't change the fact that I shorted you 20% to begin with.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: