Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road is Back  (Read 3613 times)
BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:06:49 PM

Who wouldn't rather have wall street on board than Silk Road but in the middle of this crash beggers can't be choosy.
I think we'll take what we can get.

We are all reasonable here. I hope if you handle btc/money you are. Begging=Desperation. Desperate people can't make reasonable decisions.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:16:55 PM

SilkRoad isn't relevant anymore. No one trusts this name. Agora and evolution dominate the market and it looks like they are run much more professional. There was already another darknet market on i2p. I think i2p is too complicated and user unfriendly for the average guy. And since i2p isn't reviewed and checked as much as tor, I'd be skeptic whether it's really more secure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:03:39 AM

SilkRoad isn't relevant anymore. No one trusts this name. Agora and evolution dominate the market and it looks like they are run much more professional. There was already another darknet market on i2p. I think i2p is too complicated and user unfriendly for the average guy. And since i2p isn't reviewed and checked as much as tor, I'd be skeptic whether it's really more secure.
i2p is theoretically more secure because everyone must run what is essentially a "full node" when connecting to i2p. The problem is that if it ever becomes very popular then people will likely create "light" versions which would allow people to connect without also relaying i2p traffic which would make it less secure.

I am not sure why so many people are so focused on the silk road name. Each time a new "version" of the site pops up, it is obviously not run by the same person as before
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:24:31 AM

So Silk Road is back online and claims more secure than it's TOR site.
http://bitcoinist.net/silk-road-reloaded-claims-more-secure-tor/
Could this be the start of another bull run for bitcoin or will another crypto coin take over as the new coin of choice for the new silk road?

good news my weed stocks are running very low right now  Grin just kidding..

i meant heroin.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:40:43 AM

I don't think public perception will really matter very much, everybody's heard it all before.
Whenever you mention bitcoin to someone that's not into it they always say something like "isn't that the money used to buy drugs with" even when Silk Road went down both times people were still saying this because they didn't know it went down.
I admit this is not good when people say that but it will go away in time when everybody learns the full use of BTC.
Have you lived in a cave for over a year?
The simple answer to "isn't that the money used to buy drugs with" is: "No, it is the internet currency Overstock, Dell and Microsoft are accepting"

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:21:35 AM

Could this be the start of another bull run for bitcoin or will another crypto coin take over as the new coin of choice for the new silk road?

Why that website is the only one who is speaking about Silk road re-opening , once I open the link my browser gets closed  Huh
Anyway , Is Silk road an open source website or something ? isn't the guy who made it on Court these days ?

GrandmaJean

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:19:45 AM

Why that website is the only one who is speaking about Silk road re-opening , once I open the link my browser gets closed  Huh
Anyway , Is Silk road an open source website or something ? isn't the guy who made it on Court these days ?
You need to use I2P to access the new silk road. I personally would not even visit a brand new dark net site. There is also no real reason to patronize a site named silk road as it's operators have nothing to do with the original one
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:23:15 AM

SR will be the medic to bitcoin.

I disagree, Silk Road needs BTC, but BTC does not need Silk Road.

Yeah..I agree..! but it might help BTC...specially at this time around!

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:33:20 AM

Silk Road 3... third time lucky I guess.

Why did they opt for i2p? its way slower and has significantly less traffic than Tor. I suspect if this new Silk Road gets popular it will make up a very large portion of all traffic on i2p making it much more vulnerable. On top of that there was a very serious exploit found in i2p quite recently... I wouldn't like to be the owners of this new Silk Road.

GrandmaJean

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:38:45 AM

Silk Road 3... third time lucky I guess.

Why did they opt for i2p? its way slower and has significantly less traffic than Tor. I suspect if this new Silk Road gets popular it will make up a very large portion of all traffic on i2p making it much more vulnerable. On top of that there was a very serious exploit found in i2p quite recently... I wouldn't like to be the owners of this new Silk Road.
In theory this would make it easy to find the silk road servers, assuming they are not using some kind of distributive storage/servers.

It could be that silk road 3 is operating as a honeypot, similar to how silk road 2 was for several days after it's operator was arrested
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:40:14 AM

Cool, new Silk Road! That will make BTC okay again
bkora

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:41:51 AM

i think police is also ready with more plans
illegal things don't last long, it will shutdown again sooner or later
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:42:41 AM

In theory this would make it easy to find the silk road servers, assuming they are not using some kind of distributive storage/servers.

It could be that silk road 3 is operating as a honeypot, similar to how silk road 2 was for several days after it's operator was arrested

I think SR3 is just some clueless idiot trying to make money off of the silk road "brand". I doubt its a honeypot, at least not yet.

Mrzinzin

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:29:08 AM

Any hint if it is legit, or just someone trying to scamp people, like the fake silk roads in the time where silk road was alive?
yeponlyone

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:37:59 AM

Any hint if it is legit, or just someone trying to scamp people, like the fake silk roads in the time where silk road was alive?

I wouldn't visit one just in case. Wait for it to be reviewed.
GrandmaJean

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:42:39 AM

I think SR3 is just some clueless idiot trying to make money off of the silk road "brand". I doubt its a honeypot, at least not yet.
I don't even understand why people give value to the Silk Road "brand". There are plenty of other dark market sites that have been around much longer, have built up their own reputation and the honeypot risk is really not there
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:23:43 AM

SR Reloaded is already infiltrated by the agency. I would call it a "Drug Dealers Honeypot" rather than a "Free Market".

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 02:28:57 PM

Sup all. Here is a video how to sign up on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX-vGP6I83s

Shameless plug DopeCoin is listed as an payment option. We are cheap so consider picking up some DOPE Tongue

these are def. interesting times we live in. I do believe at some point there will be a legally run "amazon" of drugs either sponsored by the gumberment ,or some entity ( maybe the cartel ? ) that will live for 20 + years as a thriving marketplace. It is bound to happen.

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:05:41 PM

SR Reloaded is already infiltrated by the agency. I would call it a "Drug Dealers Honeypot" rather than a "Free Market".

Yeah I wouldn't doubt that it might be a honeypot. Interesting to see how this will affect BTC price though.
DarthCoinX

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 03:13:13 PM

Yeah guys I'm back! http://imgur.com/07VStSK
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: