Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: z  (Read 5166 times)
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:10:34 AM

Ok, I was wrong, MT.GOX owns it.

This is also untrue.

omg, ugh, who owns bitcointalk.org?

I looked at a post that sirius passed it on to mt.gox, was bitcointalk.org just recently passed to a new owner?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:24:21 AM

The company behind MtGox (tibanne) actually owns the infrastructure used to host this very forum here afaik. The forum itself is independent.

Back to GLBSE though I fear they have hit another wall - maybe not enough RAM? The problem is that caching is not really an option as most of the data is expected to be live. I already had a problem where I bough some shares by setting a bid slightly below the highest ask at that time and in the meantime somebody must have placed yet another ask... if this would have been because of caching and not my slow typing skills, I'd be pissed a bit.

Also I looked at the fees I have paid on GLBSE 2.0 so far - less than 1 BTC with pirate for 2 weeks. Is there some way for us to donate shares and/or BTC to GLBSE? Ideally there would be a public wish list + you can vote by sending some BTC to an address written next to the feature.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:33:53 AM

if GLBSE is short on operating capital they could raise it through their own platform
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:10:48 AM

if GLBSE is short on operating capital they could raise it through their own platform

Seriously, let us all own it.  Stock SALE!!!!!
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 07:06:18 AM

For me GLBSE effectively became not usable over the last two days. My laptop needs about 40 seconds to load the asset page, while id does not even load any more on my mobile device (where I am mostly limited to over the day). I got recently even used to fire the button 20 seconds early to assure my dividend payments get executed at the exact minute of the due time.

Looking at the source code of the asset page got me scared somewhat: it contains the complete price history of any security and renders the charts in JavaScript -- every time a user reloads the page  Shocked No wonder my mobile hangs there, it most probably runs out of mem when plotting the 100+xth chart.

Aside from being inefficient and problematic for mobiles, all-time charts are not really helpful on the asset's frontpage. If at all, they should span all a common time frame for comparability (say 30 days). This would allow to generate them once a day as graphics for embedding. With the right cache tags every user would have to download them only once a day. Pre-rendering of charts would definitely also improve usability of the securities' detail pages - let's hope this is all in the way for GLBSE 3.0.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 07:28:03 AM

I'd personally love to invest, but I believe that's against Nefario's policy of not being involved in assets other than for testing.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 10:01:15 AM

pages are taking 8-10 secs to load up for me.

My big problem is if you don't time entering your google auth key in with enough time left on the timer, it will time out the saying the key is wrong because it expired while it was trying to load the webpage.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:07:41 AM

So slow, I'd have to call it laggardly.

I just ate dinner while entering a new security.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:54:55 AM

lot of people running trade bots maybe

Like this?

I counted 190 bids for a total of 212 coins. Tradebot fail.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 02:39:31 AM

I'd personally love to invest, but I believe that's against Nefario's policy of not being involved in assets other than for testing.

"Hypothetically" what would you value GLBSE at ? And what do you think the price per share would be ?

Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 02:40:45 AM

Nefario is away and experiencing connection issues so Ive heard.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 07:49:20 AM

"Hypothetically" what would you value GLBSE at ? And what do you think the price per share would be ?

Smiley

I have some shares of GLBSE. The last 3 shares I sold were at an average of over 10 BTC each.

And that was a "squatted" asset.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 07:54:55 AM

Also it was heavily overpaid... I'd have to check it out again, but I think a realistic price for one GLBSE share would be something around a few bitcents.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:08:50 AM

7 9 confirmations and no sign of my coins :/ there now

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:14:57 AM

Also it was heavily overpaid... I'd have to check it out again, but I think a realistic price for one GLBSE share would be something around a few bitcents.

Well it was a free market until Nefario locked it down:)

He needs to protect the existing GLBSE shareholders. No one likes their ownership getting diluted as you can imagine.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:27:33 PM

Well it was a free market until Nefario locked it down:)

He needs to protect the existing GLBSE shareholders. No one likes their ownership getting diluted as you can imagine.

It traded for about 6 months then was locked down with out warning. I know this cuz i invested in to GLBSE after talking about it and him saying he was going to take it over and make it a valid stock.   

Rules on GLBSE change all the time however so who knows what the rules will be tomorrow.

I wonder who setup the asset....

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:40:34 PM

Regarding the GLBSE shares, they are not publicly traded, and this has always been our position(although we failed to prevent trading initially, we did eventually lock it down).

Goat bought shares which were fraudulent without checking if they were genuine or not, a lack of due diligence. As a gesture to the small number of users who were hit by this scam (of which Goat was one) we decided to honor them. As Goat has said he's profited off this quite a lot and I really don't see why he's complaining.

Regarding performance, there are two issues:

First is the exponential growth of new users and the number of users on GLBSE at any one time, this is obviously contributing to the slowness.

Second, GLBSE is being hammered by bots, I mean HAMMERED, which is slowing everything down for everyone.

There is a two pronged approach being taken to this, the first being to get the API onto a single application server, so when the bots get active it won't affect normal users. The second will be to add more application servers in general.

Both steps require coding and testing before being rolled out.

I'm working on it with a view to have the issue solved by Sunday at the latest.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Nefario

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:42:02 PM

On the plus side, this growth, which is slowing th site down is a good thing for everyone involved.

Nefario.

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:45:53 PM

On the plus side, this growth, which is slowing th site down is a good thing for everyone involved.

Nefario.

+1

Thanks for your work Nefario
Nefario

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 02:05:04 PM

Not a complaint, just reporting what happened. I also did not get scammed. I only bought the GLBSE stock after you said you would take it over. I placed an order and picked it up when Peter Lambert sold out in that crash. I did make money on it, bought low and sold high. I was not the one to bring up the GLBSE stock, just reporting what happened with the GLBSE that was listed cuz they clearly did not know.

Also you reporting I got scammed is a bit foolish. Go back and check my account records and you will see:)

I assumed you'd bought at the beginning, I don't look at peoples accounts unless they ask(usually if they have a problem), much more interesting and important things to do.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: