Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:49:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if you won millions in the lottery?  (Read 1338 times)
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 07:07:56 AM

What would you do if you won millions in the lottery?

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 08:13:24 AM

I would buy bitcoins Cheesy
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 09:06:16 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2012, 09:23:37 AM by the joint

$5 mil for me

$5 mil to my family and friends

$100,000 to 10-50 homeless people under the condition that I have oversight of their usage

$1 mil to start a charity organization

$1 mil for drugs, sports cars, and court fees

$1 mil for "spiritual awakening" vacations

$1 mil for people that simply ask for money

$1 mil to promote all the books I will ever write, and to publish them

$1 mil to start a business with Pirate or Gigavps

$5 to buy Phinnaeus Gage a shot

$500,000 to Lou P. Garoux as an apology for voting him as the worst forum member of the year

$100 to Meni Rosenfeld because he's interesting to me

$10,0000,000 to colorize a portion of the moon so that it's visible to the naked eye

$100,000 to build a bar called "The Joint"

$100,000 for permission to dig up and keep Stevie Ray Vaughn's guitar from Dimebag Darrell's grave

$1,000,000 to bang Mila Kunis

And I'd buy 10 bitcoins, and one Casascius gold bitcoin

Edit:  Oh, and 1-10 mil as a loan to Dank Cheesy
Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 09:59:59 AM

I would honor all of Maria's pledges, hoping that she'll let me ride her. Then I would go to Texas and buy Atlas dinner. Then I would get an alpaca makeover. Then I would pay off theymos' college loan.

This thread is fun because I love pretending.

~Al the Alpaca~

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:11:31 AM

I would invest it in this girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnqxBKNxkBw
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:46:01 PM

How many millions?

- Pay off all family debt (mortgages etc)
 - Donate to local schools and stuff
 - Buy one or more badass cars
 - Invest in Bitcoin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:52:36 PM

I would buy bitcoins at a REALLY stupid high price to try and make them worth more!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Pappy

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:05:20 PM

I would die from shock or a heart attack  Cheesy

I have thought about it and I would buy a mountain and build my living space inside of it. It's just a crazy idea I have.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:20:24 PM

How many millions are we talking? Even fantasies have to have some structure to them....

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
mc_lovin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 04:47:23 PM

How many millions are we talking? Even fantasies have to have some structure to them....
I was going to say "a million" but sometimes that would run out quick when dreaming so I left it open, some lotteries are like $60-mil and some lottomax's are like $300-mil so..  Imagine it's the lottery in your area.

Why?  are you the latest lotto max winner, about to tell us what you are gonna do with your 50 million?
Well I have my ticket, hopefully you're right!
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:29:02 PM

$50 Million Breakdown -

$10 Million - Savings: USD Cash ($1M), silver bullion ($2.5M), gold bullion ($3M), bitcoins ($2.5M), and "prepper commodities" ($1M)

$10 Million - Investments: Fund a few local business startups, buy some farmland, get $1 million worth of ASICs, etc.

$10 Million - Taxes: Probably no way to avoid this one

$5 Million - Fun Money: just spending on whatever. The first million will probably go pretty fast; after that, I'd probably hardly touch the rest (other than maybe starting a business.)

$15 Million - Giving Away: Gifts, charities, donations, and a tithe... from the lotto  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:40:05 PM

Let's say the economy pulls out of the shitter and 1% stable yearly interest is easy to come by from major banks. Also, let's say $80,000 yearly is enough for comfortable living in the U.S. Given that, 8 million in a bank would cover comfortable living with interest alone. If you put in 12 million, that's 120K yearly, etc. The rest could be used for business ventures and exotic vacations Cool
Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:10:36 PM

I would buy a Boeing 757 and have John Travolta fly it and me to South Korea so that I can kick Vicente square in his nuts, then take his duck and return it to its rightful owner--Justin Bieber. On the return flight, I would have the plane locked on autopilot while John in taking a nap and exit the plane with my parachute, thus solving one problem and ridding another with one action.

~Al the Alpaca~

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: