Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO ENABLE USB DEVICES FROM CGMINER?  (Read 1598 times)
saucylumbo (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:43:14 AM

I am having some difficulty getting 2 new r boxes enabled with cg miner. when i open the program and go to USB management, List all known devices it sees the 2 New R boxes but they come up as inactive. There is an enable option in CGminer but it asks for the device number which is where i get stuck. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would be awesome. I am new to the bitcoin community and would love to learn as much as i can.

thank you in advance!
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 11:46:03 AM

I am having some difficulty getting 2 new r boxes enabled with cg miner. when i open the program and go to USB management, List all known devices it sees the 2 New R boxes but they come up as inactive. There is an enable option in CGminer but it asks for the device number which is where i get stuck. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would be awesome. I am new to the bitcoin community and would love to learn as much as i can.

thank you in advance!

That simply mean that cgminer didn't recognize the r box. I don't know if the official cgminer had support for r box. You might want to get the cgminer from r box.
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 07:31:10 PM

From Dogie's setup guide for the R-BOX:

Using CGMiner:
  • Download the latest version of CGMiner and Zadig.
  • Extract, and run the zadig application.
  • Select "CP21202 USB to UART Bridge Controller" and then click "Replace Driver". You only have to do this once per computer.
  • Create a new file in notepad and enter pool information as below. Save it as a .bat in the same folder as CGMiner.
  • Run the bat file to start mining.

I think you might have missed the step where you install the drivers.
Best of luck!  Smiley

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: