Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:55:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Other People getting PMs from Vandroiy Discouraging Investment in BS&T?  (Read 4947 times)
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 01:09:31 PM

I got a personal message from user Vandroiy trying to discourage me from keeping my investment in Bitcoin Savings & Trust (Pirate).
Are other people getting PMs like this too?

cjgames.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:40:20 PM

people usually don't talk on forums  bout how much they invested in pirate  Wink

Mageant has sent me 1,100 BTC for a sub account.

confirmed.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:47:47 PM

Vandroiy has a 5000BTC bet that pirate defaults, pirate having the funds to continue business means that Vandroiy loses 5000BTC, lol

ignore him and go on with business as usual

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:27:45 PM

Vandroiy has a 5000BTC bet that pirate defaults, pirate having the funds to continue business means that Vandroiy loses 5000BTC, lol

ignore him and go on with business as usual
Well, until when does pirate have to default for this bet to become effective?
Anyways, please discuss that kind of stuff in Meta, srsly!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:31:48 PM

I got a personal message from user Vandroiy trying to discourage me from keeping my investment in Bitcoin Savings & Trust (Pirate).
Are other people getting PMs like this too?

Vandroiy is entitled to his opinions, but spamming strangers seems to be pushing it a bit.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:42:37 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2012, 06:37:14 PM by Vandroiy

To answer the OP: no, you are the only person whom I messaged first about it since the bet. But since nobody will believe me...

I'll log out private conversations to users whom I actively contacted, and if I miss one, please point it out here. I believe I had two conversations of the type, and the other was with imsaguy. Chill out guys, this was some sort of stupid feeling because he's also German and seemed to run a nice site... was a stupid time-waster move.

Give me a moment to provide details on whom I actively communicated with and did not contact me first, so you can measure my activity.

What paranoia.

Edit from here

OUTGOING PMs, starting 2012-07-02. I really hope I hit "save in Outbox" for all of them. Undecided

• One conversation with someone who wants to speculate on BS&T and contacted me first
  • Answers to a number of people who contacted me actively about the BS&T discussion
  • I apologized to Theymos about a deleted post which was easy to misunderstand as very pointless and insulting, it was actually directed at the OP here, Mageant. Sorry for that, too many people had been shouting at me that day. (AFAIK It is the only of my posts that was deleted from the discussions.)
  • A discussion with Goat that started on IRC, but the first PM was from him. I'm listing it because he clearly did not agree on it and still names me a poor troll, so I better bring it up before anyone else does.
  • Just before the conversation in question: Four REPLY messages
  • Two messages to the OP here, Meagent, explicitly warning about BS&T, one of which was a reply. Two messages were sent each way.

IRC it's a hassle, I don't have logs everywhere, but I believe most activity was before the bet. What I remember:

• Open talking in #btcst. This should really not be fishy.
  • An active query with imsaguy (This was mostly on Jul 4, some lines Jul 5. Bet was sealed Jul 6-7.)
  • Responding to people and whatnot. Can't remember losing my nerves on people right now, maybe I'll find another when I search the query logs.
Clipse

Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:43:51 PM

I'll log out all PMs who rejected or didn't talk to me. Chill out guys, it was some sort of stupid feeling because he's also German and seemed to run a nice site... was a stupid time-waster move.

Give me a moment to provide details on whom I actively communicated with and did not contact me first, so you can measure my activity.

What paranoia.

Easy, even if you just pm'd one user trying to discourage investment it shows just what a failed troll you are on this forum. Any bit of credibility just went deep down the poop train.

Its only a "stupid time-waster move" when you get caught, I bet your face is gloating red right now seeing someone outted you.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:50:34 PM

Easy, even if you just pm'd one user trying to discourage investment it shows just what a failed troll you are on this forum. Any bit of credibility just went deep down the poop train.

Its only a "stupid time-waster move" when you get caught, I bet your face is gloating red right now seeing someone outted you.

No, I just hate myself for making a tactical mistake by pitying a single person.

Hit me for it, I deserve it. What a fucking stupid move. Now people can discredit me for weeks, and the game is lengthened.

I'll edit data into the upper post once I have it.
Clipse

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:52:04 PM

No, I just hate myself for making a tactical mistake by pitying a single person.

Hit me for it, I deserve it. What a fucking stupid move. Now people can discredit me for weeks, and the game is lengthened.

I'll edit data into the upper post once I have it.

TACTICAL ? So playing dirty is tactical by your definition?

Sadly fail.com is taken.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:12:37 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2012, 04:25:37 PM by Vandroiy

Edited the upper post.

Seriously, I never signed that the bet binds me to silence. I know this was Pirateat40's intention, and I see it's working out, but it's not part of any agreement.

But judge for yourself. Please, bring up any additions, it wasn't my intention to play shady. I'm scanning my BNC for queries right now.

Edit: didn't find any further ones where I actively started communication just to warn people. If anyone does, please bring them up ASAP. My logs aren't perfect, and that unchecked save in outbox button is just damn dangerous.

What a blunder. Pirateat40, come laugh at me for a bit, that was just retarded. If I missed a communication now, people will spam me with it forever.
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:27:18 PM

Sometimes I think Vandroiy should add "Spanish Inquisition 200 years late" or something to his avatar.
He does not understand it, and therefor it must be the work of the devil and has to be exorcised. Like someone from the dark ages watching a modern airplane.
Clipse

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:32:29 PM

Edited the upper post.

Seriously, I never signed that the bet binds me to silence. I know this was Pirateat40's intention, and I see it's working out, but it's not part of any agreement.

But judge for yourself. Please, bring up any additions, it wasn't my intention to play shady. I'm scanning my BNC for queries right now.

Edit: didn't find any further ones where I actively started communication just to warn people. If anyone does, please bring them up ASAP. My logs aren't perfect, and that unchecked save in outbox button is just damn dangerous.

What a blunder. Pirateat40, come laugh at me for a bit, that was just retarded. If I missed a communication now, people will spam me with it forever.

This has nothing to do with pirate and all about you.

No matter the situations the mere FACT that you ended up trying some dirty underhanded tactic like that even if it only went out to 1 person(I also doubt that part) just shows your credibility while you are on the hunt to deface the credibility of another member(pirateat40 in this case)

This goes beyond your claim of pirateat40 running a ponzi. This is purely a test of your own credibility and to a degree selfishness and no shame.

If you cant understand just how pathethic it is to actively try discourage people and that you think it matters that you didnt state you wont be doing it, then I really cant convince you otherwise.

Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:46:04 PM

If you cant understand just how pathethic it is to actively try discourage people and that you think it matters that you didnt state you wont be doing it, then I really cant convince you otherwise.

If this is your question, yes you cannot convince me to point out that people are losing their money to a fraudulent investment scheme.

And while I see it was a tactical mistake, I don't think my message was morally wrong. I'm not betting whether BS&T has trouble with flamewars. I'm betting that it is a criminal operation. And I don't do that because I have a hunch, but because I am certain I know what I'm looking at.
Clipse

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:01:19 PM

If this is your question, yes you cannot convince me to point out that people are losing their money to a fraudulent investment scheme.

And while I see it was a tactical mistake, I don't think my message was morally wrong. I'm not betting whether BS&T has trouble with flamewars. I'm betting that it is a criminal operation. And I don't do that because I have a hunch, but because I am certain I know what I'm looking at.

Right now the only person set to lose 5000BTC is you, the current motivation of PM'ing people have nothing to do with trying to save them from losing their money but alot more to do with you trying to win your pathetic bet.

If you feel motivated enough to PM people to try discourage them to deal with pirateat40 then Im sure you have a bunch of other underhanded shakedowns you wouldnt mind using, lying being a key part of it.

Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:09:14 PM

Right now the only person set to lose 5000BTC is you, the current motivation of PM'ing people have nothing to do with trying to save them from losing their money but alot more to do with you trying to win your pathetic bet.

If you feel motivated enough to PM people to try discourage them to deal with pirateat40 then Im sure you have a bunch of other underhanded shakedowns you wouldnt mind using, lying being a key part of it.

If Pirate is legit, having a bunch of people withdraw from BS&T wouldn't matter.
Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:22:11 PM

For the hopefully last time:

I don't want to win this if BS&T is legitimate and made a minor mistake or lacked a little bit of funds. I want to win this because they are a scam! If I win the bet in such a way, please re-start this discussion at any time!

And I'm not happy about the lying part. The core point of all this is lying to achieve things. Being aggressive is not the same as lying at all, and I do not see how you can make this connection.
Clipse

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:28:40 PM

If Pirate is legit, having a bunch of people withdraw from BS&T wouldn't matter.

I dont disagree with this but trying to cause panic for personal gain is not the way to go about it.

For the hopefully last time:

I don't want to win this if BS&T is legitimate and made a minor mistake or lacked a little bit of funds. I want to win this because they are a scam! If I win the bet in such a way, please re-start this discussion at any time!

And I'm not happy about the lying part. The core point of all this is lying to achieve things. Being aggressive is not the same as lying at all, and I do not see how you can make this connection.

I went to a proper school and were brought up well and lying still remains lying no matter how you try and twist it.

Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:35:08 PM

I went to a proper school and were brought up well and lying still remains lying no matter how you try and twist it.

I see that, but not how you can assume I lied or would lie to anyone. I wrote a pushy PM, yes. But where is the connection here?
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:23:15 AM

Need a new "Spammer" tag on the forum  Smiley

macboy80

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:37:10 AM

.....And I have 5000 BTC on the line, more than 95% of the Pirate lenders.

This is the best part...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: