Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:33:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TRY a demo with NXT INSTANTLY!! NO DOWNLOADS! no CLIENTS  (Read 3966 times)
ronald98

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:04:46 PM

I'd also like to point out that EvilDave posted a stat in another thread indicating that ~40% of NXT is now forged by little guys and gals, not just 'whales'.

MS will definitely enhance a fair NXT distribution over time. Focus on the NXT tech awesomeness, rather than the investment it took to get it where it is today, and a balanced conversation starts to emerge.

How long would it take for someone with 1000 NXT to forge anything and how many could be forged in a given time?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:08:09 PM

I'd also like to point out that EvilDave posted a stat in another thread indicating that ~40% of NXT is now forged by little guys and gals, not just 'whales'.

MS will definitely enhance a fair NXT distribution over time. Focus on the NXT tech awesomeness, rather than the investment it took to get it where it is today, and a balanced conversation starts to emerge.

How long would it take for someone with 1000 NXT to forge anything and how many could be forged in a given time?

atm, 1k NXT equals 12 USD -> a long time
for an estimate try https://www.mynxt.info/forging_calculator.php
ronald98

Activity: 314

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:10:29 PM

Thanks, it looks like the really little guys miss out.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:20:40 PM

Thanks, it looks like the really little guys miss out.

With 12 USD you can do nothing with most cryptos...

But Nxt is an economic platform -> with 1k NXT you can do a lot: check out Asset Exchange (AE) and Monetary System (MS)
Auxi

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:15:09 PM

Thanks!
I want test NXT
UberNifty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 09:52:02 PM

Thanks!
I want test NXT

For ~12USD, NXT is a lot of fun, even if you don't take it seriously at first. If you can afford to issue your own asset and MS altcoin, the educational value alone is worth every last NXT!

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
cryptardio

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:11:27 PM

you can do more with nxt than any other cryptocoin. my fave platform of all time.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:35:10 AM

Lovely Demo!!!
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:26:19 PM

Would it help if there were more testnet nodes?
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:47:25 AM

nice testnet demo!
Daedelus

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:25:24 PM

Bump  Cheesy testnet try outs still available
Daedelus

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:36:23 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 12:18:13 PM by Daedelus

Anyone looking to trial Nxt unreleased features can do so now. There is a call for non technical users to test the testnet; your uncle, your mother your boyfriend.. everyone needs to give it a try.

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/%28core%29-release-or-not-release/

Using the testnet it easy (they designed it that way  Grin )

What is testnet? It is a play area for new features to be trialled and broken before going on the mainnet that we all use otherwise. It looks the same, works the same as you are used to but you get to play with the newest features before they are released  Grin

Things beginners need to know:

1) Don't use your mainnet passwords on the testnet.

2) Do not use your mainnet passwords on the testnet. Create new testnet accounts you only use on testnet, do this and you will be completely safe.

3) Put the testnet client folder in a different place to you mainnet client folder. Cos you can't have two 'nxt' folders in the same place (stop laughing please)

4) You need to edit one file. No programming skills required, just basic typing skills. Go in to the folder nxt > conf > and open nxt.default_properties in notepad.
Where it says nxt.isTestnet=false change it to nxt.isTestnet=true This tells the client to connect to testnet and not mainnet. Save the file and close.

5) This is the link to the testnet client, you can't use the mainnet one: http://localhost:6876/index.html

6) Once you have the testnet client running with a brand new testnet account set up, post you account ID here: https://nxtforum.org/testnet/some-testnxt-to-test-asset-exchange/

7) By doing step 6), you will shortly be sent some FREE TestNXT! (that aren't worth anything). So you will then have the ammunition to...

• Have a vote on the world's best bobsleigh team
  • Phase a transaction to yourself to stop you spending your pocket money until next week
  • Play with the various plugins that aren't available on mainnet yet, like NxtBubble everyone has been losing their minds over recently. Play for free
  • and more

Personally, I am going to create an MSCurrency and use it as tokens in a vote (yes, you can vote with stuff other than NXT  Grin ). If you want to take part, please post your testnet account here and I will send you a few tokens.

If I have convinced you to give it a whirl (what is the worst that could happen?), the latest testnet client is 1.5.8e and you can download it from: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-5-8e/

If this post is scary and frightening (understandable), then don't worry. Just ignore it and make sure you have upgraded the latest stable mainnet client (at time of writing NRS v1.4.18)

Please post any questions and I will find someone who can answer them  Grin
Daedelus

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:25:45 PM

Demo accounts are down at the moment, anyone bump them back up?  Grin
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:25:43 PM

Not interested in a coin 80% distributed to 25 persons.

Sorry.

That is not longer true. In the past 2 years NXT does not belong to a few stakeholders anymore. Most of them cashed out and fucked the price.  But that was expected some time, but the distribution is now very good. Better than the mining pools in BTC.
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:40:11 PM

Sorry.

At a certain point, Satoshi owned nearly all the bitcoins in existence. What good is a coin distributed to one person? None, of course, but over time, bitcoin became distributed to hundreds of thousands (via people buying or burning money on electricty/hardware), turning it into the giant it is today. Nxt was at one point distributed to 80ish people, but that was well over a year ago. Now (via people buying or earning Nxt), it is spread among thousands and better distributed than most alts.

The initial seeding of Nxt matters less each day, as more and more people discover it and it becomes more distributed and more useful.

will always going to be the few that will complain. given time it can only get more widely distributed as big holders tend to sell their portion due to a price decline hence more distribution. its inevitable that its going to only get more distributed and those that stay holding will really benefit going through the ups and downs.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 08:19:28 AM

Can you stop bumping dead threats? Thanks  Wink

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:17:41 PM

Can you stop bumping dead threats? Thanks  Wink

who? me?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:58:33 PM

Sorry.

To be honest that was a perfectly open fund raising. In that time I've already allocated some funds for joining but then suddenly I've got very busy with getting back my stolen BTT, Cryptsy and many other accounts and salvaging what I can when I've get f**ked by a keylogger. So if 25 person joined from the God knows how many around (who also had the same opportunity) that's not the fault of that 25.

Edit: Ops! I didn't noticed that this is a really old discussion.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: