Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:22:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should there be a trial run for a Ponzi/HYIP subforum?
Yes - 20 (83.3%)
No - 4 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial Subforum for Ponzi's/HYIP  (Read 908 times)
paradoxal420 (OP)

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:56:02 PM

Okay so in the past couple of weeks the gambling forum has turned to shit.

I have to go through 3 pages just to find something that isn't a Ponzi...
Before someone says "oh only stupid people fall for Ponzi's etc...".

It's not the fact that I fall for Ponzi/HYIP schemes, it's the fact that I don't want to see them at all.
It would be a different story if I could hide/filter threads I don't want to see but I can't.

The amount of schemes that have popped up in the past week alone is a complete joke.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 HAS LAUNCHED @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:41:41 PM

Okay so in the past couple of weeks the gambling forum has turned to shit.

Before someone says "oh only stupid people fall for Ponzi's etc...".

It's not the fact that I fall for Ponzi/HYIP schemes, it's the fact that I don't want to see them at all.
It would be a different story if I could hide/filter threads I don't want to see but I can't.

The amount of schemes that have popped up in the past week alone is a complete joke.
I fully agree. I was postulating that in many threads in gambling section, as PONZI has very little to do with gambling imo.
A test run is needed.

this space is intentionally left blank
ComboChris

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:51:11 PM

definitely supporting this
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:06:38 PM

Agree with you that those ponzi should be placed in a separate subforum.

Fortunately it is not that bad yet. At this moment, roughly half of the threads in page 1 are not related to ponzi or hyip.

paradoxal420 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:34:28 PM

Agree with you that those ponzi should be placed in a separate subforum.

Fortunately it is not that bad yet. At this moment, roughly half of the threads in page 1 are not related to ponzi or hyip.
Not that bad? That's a joke lol.

PRIMEDICE
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:41:33 PM

Agree with the idea

All of the ponzis that were sent to games and rounds died instantly. The idea that a separate board would give ponzis legitimacy is ridiculous. By allowing them to be in forum at all gives them the same legitimacy

Sending them to a ponzi subforum would free up the gambling space clutter and spam. And if there happens to be a paying, legitimate ponzi (there won't) it can rise to the top of the ponzi subforum for 'investors'.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:44:14 PM

I  voted yes but I know that sub-forum board will never be made (  those ponzi schemes are ruining the forum). Do you think if a newbie will lose his bitcoin will it stay here  or leave for ever from the bitcoin "world" (and obviously from this forum)?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:51:55 PM

I  voted yes but I know that sub-forum board will never be made (  those ponzi schemes are ruining the forum). Do you think if a newbie will lose his bitcoin will it stay here  or leave for ever from the bitcoin "world" (and obviously from this forum)?
What makes you think that? There's been plenty of discussion recently and theymos weighed in on the situation:

This has come up before. The main issue is that ponzis are very similar to both other gambling sites and real investment sites, so it's difficult to create a category that includes exactly the right things. How about this:

Investor-based games
Games where the main factor is whether or not new "investors" join the game. Also any Bitcoin-denominated investment product with an APR of 15% or more, which are similarly risky even if they're not actually paying interest using investor deposits.

Would this description cover any real investments or non-ponzi gambling sites? Would it fail to cover any ponzis that have existed in the Bitcoin ecosystem?

Also, are any actual users of the Gambling section irritated by this, or are people just trying to hide this kind of game? Is anyone against the creation of this section?

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:55:33 PM

I  voted yes but I know that sub-forum board will never be made (  those ponzi schemes are ruining the forum). Do you think if a newbie will lose his bitcoin will it stay here  or leave for ever from the bitcoin "world" (and obviously from this forum)?

What makes you think that? There's been plenty of discussion recently and theymos weighed in on the situation:

This has come up before. The main issue is that ponzis are very similar to both other gambling sites and real investment sites, so it's difficult to create a category that includes exactly the right things. How about this:

Investor-based games
Games where the main factor is whether or not new "investors" join the game. Also any Bitcoin-denominated investment product with an APR of 15% or more, which are similarly risky even if they're not actually paying interest using investor deposits.

Would this description cover any real investments or non-ponzi gambling sites? Would it fail to cover any ponzis that have existed in the Bitcoin ecosystem?

Also, are any actual users of the Gambling section irritated by this, or are people just trying to hide this kind of game? Is anyone against the creation of this section?

Oh sorry , I didn't read the post from theymos. Hmm.. maybe the Investor-based games childBoard will be better then the current situation  , I 'm not against the creation of that section.
paradoxal420 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:47:45 PM

I  voted yes but I know that sub-forum board will never be made (  those ponzi schemes are ruining the forum). Do you think if a newbie will lose his bitcoin will it stay here  or leave for ever from the bitcoin "world" (and obviously from this forum)?

Investor-based games

I think that would be a much more suitable place for Ponzis/HYIP. I come to the Gambling forum for actual gambling games, not 200 different shady HYIP/Ponzi sites lol

PRIMEDICE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: