Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:31:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins - some anecdotal evidence  (Read 1900 times)
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:02:19 PM

CoinGecko gives a much more balanced view of how a crypto is doing than CMC, IMHO, and has a lot more info.
Top site.......!

I was gonna correct the NXT forum topics/posts issue, but I see you guys have figured it out.
Just to be completely anal, it's currently at:
148750 Posts in 6517 Topics by 3564 Members.

"Hippie movements", btw. Much LOL. Don't confuse a commitment to decentralisation with fuzzy headedness.
NXT may not have German Barons to whip us into line, but hippies we ain't. (well, mostly)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scv00

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:15:56 PM

Does CoinGecko lisy more coins than Coinmarketcap?
bobster

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 12:53:23 PM

CoinGecko gives a much more balanced view of how a crypto is doing than CMC, IMHO, and has a lot more info.
Top site.......!
Thank you for thinking that CoinGecko is a top site  Grin

Does CoinGecko lisy more coins than Coinmarketcap?
At the moment not yet but we are adding more coins each week. We track A LOT more metrics though!
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:28:14 PM

@Bobster

I gotta admit, i do like Coingecko......even though NXT scores lower on aggregate there than on CMC, for example.
(though i've just taken a look, NXT is #11 on CG, #10 on CMC today)

I've been taking a look at lots of second generation crypto's lately, checking out the competition:

Here's the large version, btw:
http://i61.tinypic.com/34qwynp.jpg

An important metric that I'm not seeing on CoinGecko (or on the comparison chart) is the number of actual transactions per minute.
This could give a useful indication of the real use and adoption for specific currencies, in addition to simple trading volumes.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bobster

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 09:11:02 AM

@Bobster

I gotta admit, i do like Coingecko......even though NXT scores lower on aggregate there than on CMC, for example.
(though i've just taken a look, NXT is #11 on CG, #10 on CMC today)

I've been taking a look at lots of second generation crypto's lately, checking out the competition:

Here's the large version, btw:
http://i61.tinypic.com/34qwynp.jpg

An important metric that I'm not seeing on CoinGecko (or on the comparison chart) is the number of actual transactions per minute.
This could give a useful indication of the real use and adoption for specific currencies, in addition to simple trading volumes.

WOW! That is an epic comparison chart for crypto 2.0 coins. Thanks for sharing!
You are right that it would be good to list the number of actual transactions per minute. It is part of our long-term plan to track this metric!
wellerco

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:13:18 PM

Great chart.

A couple updates for Counterparty:

• Counterparty supports multisig.
  • Counterparty has smart contracts in development (they are already live on testnet).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: