Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [closed] [WTS] Riser cables/extenders (15 total, a few different kinds)  (Read 2003 times)
rjk (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 03:53:50 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2012, 02:03:08 PM by rjk

Previous listing finished, but I still have 3 x1-to-x16 cables remaining. Let me know if you want them and make an offer. Cancelling the last 3 cables.

SOLD

I've got 15 riser cables up that I need to get rid of. There are 11 x16-to-x16 unpowered, one x16-to-x16 powered, 2 x1-to-x16 unpowered, and one x1-to-x1 unpowered extenders.
The newest ones are the 4 in the picture on the left, with a little "tail" retaining clip off the end of the female connector. They have connectors marked "Linkstar". The next 3 have connectors that are marked "Winning", the powered riser has a Lotes connector, the x1-to-x1 has a Foxconn connector, the x1-to-x16 risers use "Winning" connectors, and the final 4 have Lotes connectors.

I want to sell them all at once, so I'm putting them up for a good price. Most of them should be working, but I'm selling AS IS just in case a few don't work as expected. Caveat emptor.
Asking $75  $55 for all of them including shipping to the US and Canada. Payable in BTC, MtGox codes, or Dwolla. Feel free to offer what you think they are worth.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:54:23 PM

Do you think the ones with the tail have sturdier soldering? I ruined all my 16x > 16x's because of bad solder jobs.

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:57:49 PM

Do you think the ones with the tail have sturdier soldering? I ruined all my 16x > 16x's because of bad solder jobs.
Not really sure, they mostly seem the same. The ones with the tail are the newest of the lot though.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:48:30 PM

Bump

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 02:32:19 PM

I found 2 more x1-to-x16 risers that may or may not work, I don't have any cards to test them with. They will be included at no extra cost. Also, price reduced.

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:41:15 PM

Would you guys prefer that I parted them out, or what?

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:24:10 PM

Bump from second page.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 10:40:53 PM

Is it possible to split them up?
I would be interested in one 1x to 16x
//DeaDTerra
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:38:46 AM

//DeaDTerra
I have a pair of those that I just recently found, so they aren't already in the package with the other 2. Since I don't know whether they both work, I can send them both to you for the price of 1. How does 10 bucks sound, with slow shipping?

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 08:57:47 AM

//DeaDTerra
I have a pair of those that I just recently found, so they aren't already in the package with the other 2. Since I don't know whether they both work, I can send them both to you for the price of 1. How does 10 bucks sound, with slow shipping?
I managed to get someone with one of those that was a bit closer to me, hence lower shipping. But thanks for the offer, if things don't work out I will get back to you Smiley
//DeaDTerra
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:46:19 PM

Bump! Price slashed to $55 for everything, with shipping!

testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:18:09 AM

rjk are you in the US?  It's cheapest just to send things by first class mail and it should get to your destination in about 2-3 days anyway-there's cheaper shipping available but the difference is negligible.

I'd be interested in getting all 4 of the 1x-16x extenders, how much would you want for that?

Thanks
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:09:53 PM

I'll take your x1 cable if you are parting out.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:13:43 PM

The problem is, I can't be sure that all of them work, especially the x1 cables since they are thinner and more prone to breakage. That's why I'm trying to sell all of them together at a discount "as-is", because then if you get a dead cable there will be some spares to use.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:37:09 PM

I am not so much worried about a dead cable as I can repair it if needed. Assuming the traces on the little pcbs are still in tact that is.

Have you modified the x1 connector on this one?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 02:11:19 PM

I am not so much worried about a dead cable as I can repair it if needed. Assuming the traces on the little pcbs are still in tact that is.

I actually have 5 x1 cables, 2 are in the OP, and 3 more I found just the other day. I haven't made any modifications. I got a PM offer of 6BTC for everything, but haven't heard back.

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 03:01:17 PM

I actually have 5 x1 cables, 2 are in the OP, and 3 more I found just the other day. I haven't made any modifications. I got a PM offer of 6BTC for everything, but haven't heard back.
OK, stuff in OP sold for 6BTC.

The last 3 x1 to x16 cables that I found I would like to sell together to save on shipping. Make offers.

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 02:04:21 PM

Last 3 cables sold to testerx, as soon as I get coins and a shipping address. Grin

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:51:20 PM

Last 3 cables sold to testerx, as soon as I get coins and a shipping address. Grin
Since I've never heard back from testerx after a couple PMs, these last 3 x1-to-x16 cables are still available.

Coinoisseur

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:14:02 PM

Bought and received the original extenders rjk offered, quick delivery and well packed.

+1

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀