Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Second GPU won't start - Using AntMiner U2's  (Read 910 times)
MasterBugPatch (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:53:06 AM

So I have two AntMiners USB U2's. I'm currently using CGMiner 3.8.5 because the newest version wasn't working for me. I have a USB hub where I can enable/disable certain hubs. I have both GPU's in there.

For some strange reason, if I have both enabled and start CGMiner only one works and the other fails. Both of them work if I have them being used one at a time. I have tried putting one directly into the USB port of a computer, and one in the USB hub, and it still doesn't work. I can't seem to get both of these working. Here is my start command for the batch file:

cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333  -u MasterBP.1 -p <password> -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333  -u MasterBP.2 -p <password> --bmsc-freq 0781
pause

Anybody have any solutions or can help me figure this out?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:38:11 AM

So I have two AntMiners USB U2's. I'm currently using CGMiner 3.8.5 because the newest version wasn't working for me. I have a USB hub where I can enable/disable certain hubs. I have both GPU's in there.

For some strange reason, if I have both enabled and start CGMiner only one works and the other fails. Both of them work if I have them being used one at a time. I have tried putting one directly into the USB port of a computer, and one in the USB hub, and it still doesn't work. I can't seem to get both of these working. Here is my start command for the batch file:

cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333  -u MasterBP.1 -p <password> -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333  -u MasterBP.2 -p <password> --bmsc-freq 0781
pause

You do realize that GPU stands for graphical processing unit which the antminers are not, right?
Have you tried ditching the hub with switches and plug them in the same hub directly to the computer?
Have you plugged both directly to the computer?
Have you plugged one at the time to the same port on the computer?
What does combiner says at each test?

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?
MasterBugPatch (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:18:05 AM

pause

You do realize that GPU stands for graphical processing unit which the antminers are not, right?
Have you tried ditching the hub with switches and plug them in the same hub directly to the computer?
Have you plugged both directly to the computer?
Have you plugged one at the time to the same port on the computer?
What does combiner says at each test?

Sorry I'm still new to mining, so if the terms aren't correct I apologize.
The wierd thing is, when I use cgminer, it will recognize one then the other it will keep spamming errors. Then I will plug in bfgminer and it finds the miner that is getting errors on cgminer. So I can get both working by that method.
CGminer gives off the error:
"See README.txt file included for help
Bitmain detect (1:3) failed to initialise (incorrect device)?"

Thanks for your help so far by the way
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 04:36:00 PM

The wierd thing is, when I use cgminer, it will recognize one then the other it will keep spamming errors. Then I will plug in bfgminer and it finds the miner that is getting errors on cgminer. So I can get both working by that method.

It sounds like you have the Silicon Labs UART driver installed for one of them and the WinUSB driver via Zadig installed for the other.

CGMiner and BFGMiner use competing and incompatible drivers in 99% of the cases. This means if you install the WinUSB driver using Zadig, BFGMiner will not work. And if you install the USB to UART driver from Silicon Labs, CGMiner will not work.

You need to pick one miner or the other, uninstall any drivers you have installed for the other miner and install one single working set of drivers.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
MasterBugPatch (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:27:07 PM

I've installed CP210x_VCP_Windows though I'll uninstall it.

So can you link me to the drivers I should install for your preffered miner? Thank you very much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: