Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best online Bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 23622 times)
JahBit

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

There Is Only One Guarantee In Life

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:11:43 AM

For Simplicity  &  Security The Best for me is blockchain.info

The Early Bird catches The Worm
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quintiilieo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:46:50 AM

security? you are not the owner of your priv key for what I know...  Roll Eyes

pusaka

Activity: 1064
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:44:55 PM

blockchain is the best for online wallet and for security is not a good
is good and the best for security is trezor wallet or bitcoin core

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:57:14 PM

For Simplicity  &  Security The Best for me is blockchain.info

blockchain is the best for online wallet and for security is not a good
is good and the best for security is trezor wallet or bitcoin core

In over 2 years I have had no issue with Blockchain.info's security. 2FA through my phone, IP restriction, Tor restriction, memoric saved, gmail with 2fa. I also archive the address with the most and of course have an encrypted priv key incase.
That is the safest 'online wallet' I have found or would use.
Trezor is a hardware wallet so is not needed in this thread same as core albiet they're both awesome in their own ways.

Xapo is the best i think, not for many bitcoins but for small and daily transactions its the best, because it has no fees on transactions.
But for me xapo is the worst online wallet for me i can't login there fast after 2 factor authentic they send the code to my number but it take long time to receive your verification code.. its better to use coinbase or blockchain as online wallet than that wallet..
Then just download xapo app for your phone as the code will be sent to your app rather than your phone number and it's faster that way Wink

Dont use blockchain as their security is a trash overall
My wallet got hacked twice and yesterday i got an email regarding login attempt even though i havent open it in a months Tongue

I don't see how you are getting hacked so easily.  I think it's likely you causing it not blockchain.  Do you have 2 factor turned on with it?

You can go pretty deep with 2FA where even if they have a password it does no good without the 2fa item.   So not sure how you got hacked twice if doing that.  Also they would need to know wallet it... which it seems you would provide through compromised device or phising.  So I don't think you can blame them.

Yes, to quick to blame a wallet when the problem is his own security measures or should we say lack of. It is just a day to day wallet and the most that could be stolen is a day)weeks spending so it is really not a big deal to leave a couple of btc on there.

LaStOpTi0N

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★★SatoshiCollector.co.uk★★

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:15:29 AM

For me Coinbase & blockchain both are good.
I have account 3 major wallets Coinbase,Blockchain or Xapo but like coinbase more than others.  Wink
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:17:23 AM

Xapo is the best i think, not for many bitcoins but for small and daily transactions its the best, because it has no fees on transactions.
But for me xapo is the worst online wallet for me i can't login there fast after 2 factor authentic they send the code to my number but it take long time to receive your verification code.. its better to use coinbase or blockchain as online wallet than that wallet..
Then just download xapo app for your phone as the code will be sent to your app rather than your phone number and it's faster that way Wink

My wallet got hacked twice and yesterday i got an email regarding login attempt even though i havent open it in a months Tongue

I don't see how you are getting hacked so easily.  I think it's likely you causing it not blockchain.  Do you have 2 factor turned on with it?

You can go pretty deep with 2FA where even if they have a password it does no good without the 2fa item.   So not sure how you got hacked twice if doing that.  Also they would need to know wallet it... which it seems you would provide through compromised device or phising.  So I don't think you can blame them.

Yes, to quick to blame a wallet when the problem is his own security measures or should we say lack of. It is just a day to day wallet and the most that could be stolen is a day)weeks spending so it is really not a big deal to leave a couple of btc on there.

I feel bad for the ones who get wallets compromised.  But we are in agreement a lot jump to something like "blockchain is crap I got hacked" etc.  It is not the wallets fault in most cases of compromised computer.  You most likely got infected somewhere else.  Once your compromised all data is open, if you keep private key on commuter (horrible idea) the BTC can be taken easily.

On sites that offer 2FA use it.  I cannot fiigure out why every single blockchain account does not use 2FA, it does so much good.  I still am playing with Yubikey's and they work great with it.  For not a ton of cost you can have a much more secure hot wallet.

And ofcourse there are paper and hardware wallets that both do have a place and use.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 06:27:12 AM

And ofcourse there are paper and hardware wallets that both do have a place and use.

Not everyone understand how to secure their btc in paper or hardware wallets and even desktop wallet because sometimes it takes time to synch the wallet. Most people prefer an online site that provides wallet service as well so it can be accessed anytime and everywhere. Thats why people neglect both paper and hardware wallet although they are by far the most secure wallet

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:06:17 AM

Not everyone understand how to secure their btc in paper or hardware wallets and even desktop wallet because sometimes it takes time to synch the wallet. Most people prefer an online site that provides wallet service as well so it can be accessed anytime and everywhere. Thats why people neglect both paper and hardware wallet although they are by far the most secure wallet

you are forgetting about SPV wallets.
they are a type of desktop wallet that does not need the whole blockchain in order to function. two examples I know of are Electrum and multibit.
Electrum that I use, only downloads 30-40 MB (blockchain_headers) one time when you install the wallet for the first time and each time it synchs the size of it is very small that you don't even feel it even with a slow internet connection.

Only Bitcoin
graysoon
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:17:57 AM

Try ..
Bitcoin Core, Armory, BitAddress Paper Wallet, Blockchain Wallet
Multibit, Electrum, Hive, Coinbase, Coinkite and Pi-Wallet
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:32:47 PM

If you just holding your bitcoin for security purposes i suggest to use electrum.. the connection from electrum server is encrypted. So its secured if someone trying to monitor your cookies and cache they can't easily decrypt (discrypt) the connection from server to client..
Electrum has many feature that you can use to secured your wallet.. Like cold storage or offline wallet that you can save your bitcoin without internet in long time so that you can hold bitcoin in many years.. then if electrum is down you can easily import your electrum into blockchain so no worries..

Than using any online web wallet if you just hold bitcoin in many years.. There's a possibility that some online web wallet will be down or close...
So be prepare..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:26:27 PM

If you just holding your bitcoin for security purposes i suggest to use electrum.. the connection from electrum server is encrypted. So its secured if someone trying to monitor your cookies and cache they can't easily decrypt (discrypt) the connection from server to client..
Electrum has many feature that you can use to secured your wallet.. Like cold storage or offline wallet that you can save your bitcoin without internet in long time so that you can hold bitcoin in many years.. then if electrum is down you can easily import your electrum into blockchain so no worries..

Than using any online web wallet if you just hold bitcoin in many years.. There's a possibility that some online web wallet will be down or close...
So be prepare..

I would agree with dude. Nowadays Multibit became very slow in transactions and other things As you said electrum is good in all. In online wallt Blockchain and Coinbase are best one to save the bitcoin I dont think These website will easily attack by scammers.Wink
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:51:01 PM

I feel bad for the ones who get wallets compromised.  But we are in agreement a lot jump to something like "blockchain is crap I got hacked" etc.  It is not the wallets fault in most cases of compromised computer.  You most likely got infected somewhere else.  Once your compromised all data is open, if you keep private key on commuter (horrible idea) the BTC can be taken easily.

On sites that offer 2FA use it.  I cannot fiigure out why every single blockchain account does not use 2FA, it does so much good.  I still am playing with Yubikey's and they work great with it.  For not a ton of cost you can have a much more secure hot wallet.

Just saw this you took a tiny piece of my post.  Please mention when you trim a post to your needs and get rid of ones above it.  You will see I fixed it above and bolded all you cut from me.  I was pointing people to 2 factor that use blockchain.  I hate that some people don't use 2 factor on blockchain.  So I was trying to help them become more secure.

I wish more would go for hardware wallets.   I think there is less mistakes on security with them and pretty easy to follow directions.  So myself I hope in future hardware wallets gain more and more users.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 01:20:44 AM

Blockchain.info is one of the best online wallets with high security features.
It has got a very nice user interface which makes get into it easily and
understand all features in a short time.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:22:32 AM

Hello,
I am looking for a good online Bitcoin wallet.
I want a wallet that respect my privacy (no log, no asking for ID card, no asking for my first name, etc...).
Low fee.
Do you have any idea ?

Blockchain.info if you don't even want to use your first name. However with coinbase you don't need to verify anything and you get the option of a vault. Plus, they pay the transaction fees for you!
bebeko

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:28:32 AM

im using xapo wallet and im still thinking of using blockchain.info and coinbase
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:29:56 AM

Hello,
I am looking for a good online Bitcoin wallet.
I want a wallet that respect my privacy (no log, no asking for ID card, no asking for my first name, etc...).
Low fee.
Do you have any idea ?

Blockchain.info if you don't even want to use your first name. However with coinbase you don't need to verify anything and you get the option of a vault. Plus, they pay the transaction fees for you!

And if you use either of these use 2 factor.  It truly can save you BTC possibly.  Blockchain especially I am pushing 2 factor.   I really hope a few read it and decide to use it that werent.

Blockchain is the most popular hot wallet.  It has been for a long time.  Just has a huge user base. 
mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:13:16 AM

Ok thank you for your answer Smiley
you should not reply such types on this forum.
like following-
thank you, me too, yes got it....etc
thats all are not allowed here.so it can case to block your account.

mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:16:09 AM

the best answer is blockchain.info for bitcoin online wallet which don't ask your any personal id,your lot of person detail.
for creating your wallet there just you have to put your name,username,password.then you are done.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:53:54 AM

the best answer is blockchain.info for bitcoin online wallet which don't ask your any personal id,your lot of person detail.
for creating your wallet there just you have to put your name,username,password.then you are done.

And I HIGHLY suggest using a 2nd factor authentication method to.  It really can save your account.  I was thinking of people who really do enjoy the anomyous part on blockchain.info still can use something such as Yubikey.

With Yubikey it is a physical 2nd factor authentication.  And you don't have to use SMS or other programs that might be able to trace back to you.  So Yubikey might have some possible bonus's for those who seem to be so dead set on not letting site know who user is and still get 2 factor.
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:53:38 AM

Blockchain.info is one of the best online wallets with high security features.
It has got a very nice user interface which makes get into it easily and
understand all features in a short time.
The best bitcoin online wallet recommend to new users it's blockchain.info yeah easy to use and newbie friendly.
But hey let's try something different, to try another wallet with same quality and same feature as blockchain.info like green address https://greenaddress.it/en/ and circle https://www.circle.com/en .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: