Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm fucking out. bitcoin will be over soon..confirmed.  (Read 13071 times)
A.F.K

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:44:49 AM

I don't understand why bitcoiners watch the price so much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:01:59 AM

Price is everything at this moment.
zavtra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 06:17:25 AM

It's because they don't really believe in it. If they did, they would just let it sit, and wouldn't bother watching the price at all.

That's why they're all in here, pumping it up like a penny stock and eating and believing their own shit.

I'm seeing a lot of denial here; an enormous amount of denial. You need to face something; Bitcoin has no use in the civilized world. I pay with cash or credit for everything. If a business doesn't take credit, I don't even frequent it. Considering the hurdles with accepting Bitcoin, mass adoption seems as likely as never. It's already been how many years now?

If a government can just ban Bitcoin, then you can never expect it to succeed either. Just look at what happened in Russia: Their currency has plummeted to a third of what it was a few months ago, yet the Russian people didn't all flock to Bitcoin. They weren't allowed to, and it wasn't seen as a viable alternative. Cyprus proved Bitcoin's legitimacy, Russia proved its worthlessness.

You need to stop talking about this shit like it's going to keep going up forever. Dogecoin parodied this mentality exactly: "To da moon!". A strong, steady decline like what Bitcoin has experienced is reminiscent of the VCR, or any technology, rather. Face it, Bitcoin is a technology. Even if cryptocurrencies were to succeed on a regular, nonblack market, it wouldn't be Bitcoin that succeeds.

I say face the reality. A truly rational person wouldn't feel the need to come in here and try talking about how everyone not investing in Bitcoin is an idiot. If they believe in it, then what others do wouldn't matter, and they wouldn't need to check the price constantly. That's all. Good luck to you all, I don't feel like this industry has any merit any longer. It feels like when Tamagotchi's went out of style. Maybe this will have more success in ten years.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:39:53 AM

I see your point and sarcasm. And I am with you on this one.

People keep talking about how Bitcoin prices have crashed to all-time lo and Bitcoin is doomed to fail, but it always finds a way to reach new heights like a Phoenix.
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:41:32 AM

I see your point and sarcasm. And I am with you on this one.

People keep talking about how Bitcoin prices have crashed to all-time lo and Bitcoin is doomed to fail, but it always finds a way to reach new heights like a Phoenix.

Rise like a Penis Conchita Wurst.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:42:09 AM

I say face the reality. A truly rational person wouldn't feel the need to come in here and try talking about how everyone not investing in Bitcoin is an idiot. If they believe in it, then what others do wouldn't matter, and they wouldn't need to check the price constantly. That's all. Good luck to you all, I don't feel like this industry has any merit any longer. It feels like when Tamagotchi's went out of style. Maybe this will have more success in ten years.
Price is everything at this moment.
Oh, dear zavtra, thank you for your presence but i hope you sleep well at night and not puke. Your thesis was awful and I do mean that. Nobody is here pushing a penny stock, most of us have a net worth far above that. ok fine.

In regards to businesses accepting BTC, if you're not still in the dark ages you'd realize how far BTC has come and where it is accepted. List them for me is your next homework assignment. ty

Oh lord, Russia is constantly proving it hard for citizens to buy bitcoin at reliable places and furthermore to hold which is why this talk about them is materializing. It ain't banned as u know.

And there you go like some luddite talking about that which you do not know. Crap, you brought a freaking VCR into your argument. And to complete the line, don't ever talk about Bitcoin with dogeshit ever again in the same sentence if you expect to be taken serious anywhere near this watering hole.
And upon further reading, this was the most useless to reply to so I'm sorry to have done this:
What an interesting point from the river separating North Korea from China. This OP has went off the rails and quit like he should have. Yay!
zavtra

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 06:59:02 AM

In regards to businesses accepting BTC, if you're not still in the dark ages you'd realize how far BTC has come and where it is accepted. List them for me is your next homework assignment. ty

Oh lord, Russia is constantly proving it hard for citizens to buy bitcoin at reliable places and furthermore to hold which is why this talk about them is materializing. It ain't banned as u know.

And there you go like some luddite talking about that which you do not know. Crap, you brought a freaking VCR into your argument. And to complete the line, don't ever talk about Bitcoin with dogeshit ever again in the same sentence if you expect to be taken serious anywhere near this watering hole.

Looks like I hit a nerve. Bitcoin and dogecoin are exactly the fucking same. Perhaps less businesses accept Dogecoin, but until the infrastructure is in place for the majority of cryptocurrencies to be accepted, they're all shit. To call me a Luddite is ridiculous. Bitcoin, as are all cryptocurrencies, is a technology. And to think that the very first cryptocurrency made is going to be the one that succeeds, even in the medium to long run, is just silly.

We are in times of abundance now. The dollar is extremely strong and it's not going anywhere. It would take a literal disaster scenario for Bitcoin to really recover. Keep in mind that the majority of the free world has heard of bitcoin by this point. There is no more 'going viral' for it. Those bubble stages are GONE. They are over. And yes, many businesses are accepting Bitcoin, but what to do they do as soon as they get it? They cash out. Not only does this increase pressure on driving the price down, but it exhibits Bitcoin's poor viability. They don't keep their assets in Bitcoin, and they can't because the price is so damn volatile, and it always has been. By the time any cryptocurrency takes off, it won't even be Bitcoin that succeeds. Keep in mind that the exponential take off in quantum computing strength over the next few years will render Bitcoin's wallet public key protocols invalid.

Let go of your earthly attachments to your beloved digital tokens.

www.cryptedge.com
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:04:35 AM

Looks like I hit a nerve. Bitcoin and dogecoin are exactly the fucking same. Perhaps less businesses accept Dogecoin, but until the infrastructure is in place for the majority of cryptocurrencies to be accepted, they're all shit. To call me a Luddite is ridiculous. Bitcoin, as are all cryptocurrencies, is a technology. And to think that the very first cryptocurrency made is going to be the one that succeeds, even in the medium to long run, is just silly.

We are in times of abundance now. The dollar is extremely strong and it's not going anywhere. It would take a literal disaster scenario for Bitcoin to really recover. Keep in mind that the majority of the free world has heard of bitcoin by this point. There is no more 'going viral' for it. Those bubble stages are GONE. They are over. And yes, many businesses are accepting Bitcoin, but what to do they do as soon as they get it? They cash out. Not only does this increase pressure on driving the price down, but it exhibits Bitcoin's poor viability. They don't keep their assets in Bitcoin, and they can't because the price is so damn volatile, and it always has been. By the time any cryptocurrency takes off, it won't even be Bitcoin that succeeds. Keep in mind that the exponential take off in quantum computing strength over the next few years will render Bitcoin's wallet public key protocols invalid.

Let go of your earthly attachments to your beloved digital tokens.
Embrace the American Empire or die! Muhuhahaha!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BitProdigy

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:05:54 AM

It's because they don't really believe in it. If they did, they would just let it sit, and wouldn't bother watching the price at all.

That's why they're all in here, pumping it up like a penny stock and eating and believing their own shit.

I'm seeing a lot of denial here; an enormous amount of denial. You need to face something; Bitcoin has no use in the civilized world. I pay with cash or credit for everything. If a business doesn't take credit, I don't even frequent it. Considering the hurdles with accepting Bitcoin, mass adoption seems as likely as never. It's already been how many years now?

If a government can just ban Bitcoin, then you can never expect it to succeed either. Just look at what happened in Russia: Their currency has plummeted to a third of what it was a few months ago, yet the Russian people didn't all flock to Bitcoin. They weren't allowed to, and it wasn't seen as a viable alternative. Cyprus proved Bitcoin's legitimacy, Russia proved its worthlessness.

You need to stop talking about this shit like it's going to keep going up forever. Dogecoin parodied this mentality exactly: "To da moon!". A strong, steady decline like what Bitcoin has experienced is reminiscent of the VCR, or any technology, rather. Face it, Bitcoin is a technology. Even if cryptocurrencies were to succeed on a regular, nonblack market, it wouldn't be Bitcoin that succeeds.

As long as bitcoin is capable of storing value, and transferring that value from person to person, then bitcoin still has merit.

The value I perceive in bitcoin is not measured by it's price. Also, this not an industry, this is a new form of currency. If you are looking at bitcoin as a way to make a living then maybe you've got an incorrect perspective. Bitcoin is an innovation of the way money works. We are only 6 years in, if you told me in 2011 when I first heard of bitcoin that it would trading for $197 in the year 2015 I wouldn't have believed you. When bitcoin was at $3, what we have now seemed utterly impossible.

If I could somehow erase my memory of bitcoin soaring to $1200 and just new that from 2011 when I first heard of bitcoin it went from utter obscurity and trading at $3 to approved by the US Government as a viable currency, acceptance on Overstock.com NewEgg.com Dell.com TigerDirect.com Microsoft and Paypal and trading at $197, i'd say HOLY COW bitcoin has really made a lot of progress in just 4 years!

If you first heard about bitcoin when it was selling at $1200, then all you have ever experienced is a slow decline in price. In reality, the price has risen tremendously in 4 years. It's gone from $3 to $197 and people are complaining that it no longer has any merit!?

The merit of bitcoin is in it's utility. The infrastructure still works, transactions are still able to be made, value is still able to be stored, central authority is still unnecessary. All of the merit of bitcoin is still intact. 10 years from now all of the merit of bitcoin will still be intact. 20 years from now all of the merit of bitcoin will still be intact. 50 years from now all of the merit of bitcoin will still be intact. What do you think it's just going to disappear? We have invented a superior monetary system and we are all just going to pretend that we didn't?

Of course it will take time to catch on, just as the internet did. My parent didn't get the internet until it was on their phones for christ sake. Six years after the internet was invented it seemed pretty bleak too, but give it time. Six years is not even giving it a chance to succeed. If after 20 years bitcoin hasn't caught on then maybe you're right, but right now I think all you see is a downtrend in price and that has got you down.

When I first heard of bitcoin, all I heard was that it was useless and going away. It just crashed from $30 all the way down to $3 and everyone was in a panic and declaring that this industry no longer has any merit. Well they were wrong. The merit of bitcoin has nothing to do with the price. All of the merit of bitcoin is still and there will continue to be there as long as transactions can be made and value can be stored. Period.

I predict another price rally, then another crash, then another rally, then another crash. And predict that one day the price is going to crash all the way from $14,000 down to $1200 and people are going to cry that bitcoin is dead, and this industry does not have any merit any more. And you know what I'll be doing? Trading as many Federal Reserve Notes as I can into bitcoins every month regardless of what the price is at. If the price is low HURRAY! cheap bitcoin! If the price is high HURRAY! my bitcoin is more valuable!

The price is ultimately irrelevant. My brother is going to college in another state. If he asks me for $5 for lunch money what am I supposed to do? Call my bank and wire him some money? Or just click a button on my phone and 2 seconds later he has 24 mBTC in his wallet. What if he is on vacation in mexico? Should I Western Union him some money or just click a button my phone and two seconds later he has the money and there's no charge. If I have a website that sells good should I pay a 3rd party a transaction fee every time one of my customers purchases something or just get the money directly as if it was cash by using bitcoin. How difficult is it buy something on Overstock.com using bitcoin? No more difficult than entering my name address phone number credit card number expiration date and security code to buy something using a credit card. There is no reason to believe that more and more businesses will begin to accept bitcoin as well.

The only people who are affected by the price and declare that bitcoin is dead and dying because of the price are people who are trying to make money off of money. Bitcoin was not created to make people money. Bitcoin was not created as a get rich quick scheme. Bitcoin was not created as an industry. Bitcoin was created as a new improved form of money. As long as bitcoin is capable of storing value, and transferring that value from person to person, then bitcoin still has merit.
crypto97

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:14:45 AM

I think those people who had dreams of big wealth from Bitcoin are the ones saying that Bitcoin is dead.
It is simply sour grapes!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:30:26 AM

I think those people who had dreams of big wealth from Bitcoin are the ones saying that Bitcoin is dead.
We call them weak hands. There have been worse crashes than this.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:25:51 PM

if it dropes from 800$ to 200$ that doesnot mean its the end bitcoin is still worlds heavest currency probabely you will change yor mind

wadili89
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:28:22 PM

yeah that true but still i dont think its not big welth coming hovever mining will become less profitable

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 12:33:34 PM

That's the spirit I guess. Bitcoin is just passing through a rough patch and it will bring joy to the bitcoin community pretty soon. But one thing is for certain, those who have stayed and supported will be rewarded.

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 12:47:37 PM

I think one thing that may case to bitcoin, I read Some where that BTC can be used for feeding Terrorist and other Illegal ways like black money transfer, laundering money etc. People can send their Black money any where with out being located.

~ OTS ~

That's correct. These are real facts not only rumors.

Care to share at least one of these facts where bitcoin was used to sponsor terrorist? I'm not talking about some guy speculating that bitcoin could be used for such, I'm talking about confirmed facts.

Thanks in advance

yes:   https://alkhilafaharidat.wordpress.com/

Can't see it... Can you copy/paste the relevant part?
Also, if these are 'real facts' I'm sure you can find any more serious source than wordpress blog?

Well see here: http://www.sitepronews.com/2014/10/06/bitcoin-used-fund-terrorism/

Secindly: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-07/department-defense-study-bitcoin-terrorist-threat

It might be helpful for you.

That's not what I asked for. I asked Mayax to provide proof when Bitcoin was actually used for sponsoring terrorists ('real facts').
So far we only have speculations that it could be used for such, but no evidence of that happening.

So looks like, at least so far, all the terrorists are perfectly happy with using fiat (despite all the restrictions of money transfers etc).

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
wadili89
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:10:16 PM

I think one thing that may case to bitcoin, I read Some where that BTC can be used for feeding Terrorist and other Illegal ways like black money transfer, laundering money etc. People can send their Black money any where with out being located.

~ OTS ~

That's correct. These are real facts not only rumors.

Care to share at least one of these facts where bitcoin was used to sponsor terrorist? I'm not talking about some guy speculating that bitcoin could be used for such, I'm talking about confirmed facts.

Thanks in advance

yes:   https://alkhilafaharidat.wordpress.com/

Can't see it... Can you copy/paste the relevant part?
Also, if these are 'real facts' I'm sure you can find any more serious source than wordpress blog?

Well see here: http://www.sitepronews.com/2014/10/06/bitcoin-used-fund-terrorism/

Secindly: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-07/department-defense-study-bitcoin-terrorist-threat

It might be helpful for you.

That's not what I asked for. I asked Mayax to provide proof when Bitcoin was actually used for sponsoring terrorists ('real facts').
So far we only have speculations that it could be used for such, but no evidence of that happening.

So looks like, at least so far, all the terrorists are perfectly happy with using fiat (despite all the restrictions of money transfers etc).

every thing have pro and cons its all depend on you how you use things everything including mobile and computer can be used for terrorist activities that dont make any sense

zavtra

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 08:25:42 PM

As long as bitcoin is capable of storing value, and transferring that value from person to person, then bitcoin still has merit.

The value I perceive in bitcoin is not measured by it's price. Also, this not an industry, this is a new form of currency. If you are looking at bitcoin as a way to make a living then maybe you've got an incorrect perspective. Bitcoin is an innovation of the way money works. We are only 6 years in, if you told me in 2011 when I first heard of bitcoin that it would trading for $197 in the year 2015 I wouldn't have believed you. When bitcoin was at $3, what we have now seemed utterly impossible.

If I could somehow erase my memory of bitcoin soaring to $1200 and just new that from 2011 when I first heard of bitcoin it went from utter obscurity and trading at $3 to approved by the US Government as a viable currency, acceptance on Overstock.com NewEgg.com Dell.com TigerDirect.com Microsoft and Paypal and trading at $197, i'd say HOLY COW bitcoin has really made a lot of progress in just 4 years!

If you first heard about bitcoin when it was selling at $1200, then all you have ever experienced is a slow decline in price. In reality, the price has risen tremendously in 4 years. It's gone from $3 to $197 and people are complaining that it no longer has any merit!?

The merit of bitcoin is in it's utility. The infrastructure still works, transactions are still able to be made, value is still able to be stored, central authority is still unnecessary. All of the merit of bitcoin is still intact. 10 years from now all of the merit of bitcoin will still be intact. 20 years from now all of the merit of bitcoin will still be intact. 50 years from now all of the merit of bitcoin will still be intact. What do you think it's just going to disappear? We have invented a superior monetary system and we are all just going to pretend that we didn't?

Of course it will take time to catch on, just as the internet did. My parent didn't get the internet until it was on their phones for christ sake. Six years after the internet was invented it seemed pretty bleak too, but give it time. Six years is not even giving it a chance to succeed. If after 20 years bitcoin hasn't caught on then maybe you're right, but right now I think all you see is a downtrend in price and that has got you down.

When I first heard of bitcoin, all I heard was that it was useless and going away. It just crashed from $30 all the way down to $3 and everyone was in a panic and declaring that this industry no longer has any merit. Well they were wrong. The merit of bitcoin has nothing to do with the price. All of the merit of bitcoin is still and there will continue to be there as long as transactions can be made and value can be stored. Period.

I predict another price rally, then another crash, then another rally, then another crash. And predict that one day the price is going to crash all the way from $14,000 down to $1200 and people are going to cry that bitcoin is dead, and this industry does not have any merit any more. And you know what I'll be doing? Trading as many Federal Reserve Notes as I can into bitcoins every month regardless of what the price is at. If the price is low HURRAY! cheap bitcoin! If the price is high HURRAY! my bitcoin is more valuable!

The price is ultimately irrelevant. My brother is going to college in another state. If he asks me for $5 for lunch money what am I supposed to do? Call my bank and wire him some money? Or just click a button on my phone and 2 seconds later he has 24 mBTC in his wallet. What if he is on vacation in mexico? Should I Western Union him some money or just click a button my phone and two seconds later he has the money and there's no charge. If I have a website that sells good should I pay a 3rd party a transaction fee every time one of my customers purchases something or just get the money directly as if it was cash by using bitcoin. How difficult is it buy something on Overstock.com using bitcoin? No more difficult than entering my name address phone number credit card number expiration date and security code to buy something using a credit card. There is no reason to believe that more and more businesses will begin to accept bitcoin as well.

The only people who are affected by the price and declare that bitcoin is dead and dying because of the price are people who are trying to make money off of money. Bitcoin was not created to make people money. Bitcoin was not created as a get rich quick scheme. Bitcoin was not created as an industry. Bitcoin was created as a new improved form of money. As long as bitcoin is capable of storing value, and transferring that value from person to person, then bitcoin still has merit.

Hey, thanks for a reasonable, rational response.

I see all these things, but again, I don't think bitcoin will be the specific cryptocurrency that succeeds. On a day to day basis, not enough people are wiring enough money abroad to find a use in this stuff. I do think, however, that it will have utility in inter-planetary trade, especially when quantum entanglement makes interplanetary transactions a reality. That day is far off though, and so I think that you can expect Bitcoin to remain where it is today for quite some time. I would hold more in Bitcoin if I could use it in as many places that took credit (like Starbucks, or a deli).

www.cryptedge.com
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:56:10 AM

GOOD. Sell ALL your coins ASAP!
Lets get all the weak hands out... drive the price down so I can buy more!!!

haha
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:16:16 AM

OP is a liar. Nobody sticks around for 4 years and then just gets out one random day. The protocol hasn't change so I doubt you are going anywhere.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:37:04 AM

OP is a liar. Nobody sticks around for 4 years and then just gets out one random day. The protocol hasn't change so I doubt you are going anywhere.

It was a sarcastic post. If you follow the links he posted, you'll know how.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: