Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:39:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3TH Small bitcoin farm in Washington for rent or sale  (Read 1099 times)
R-T-B (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:15:56 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 10:14:51 AM by R-T-B

I have a 3TH bitcoin farm I've been running in my garage Washington for some time that I'm looking to either rent, or possibly part out and sell.

The rent would be for a 1-12 month contract, your call.  I'd recomend however you go month to month with bitcoin volatility, so we can renegotiate if it gets gnarly and unprofitable.  I'm thinking a price of about $150 a month.  I pay cheap prices for electricty and you are taking on the risk paying upfront, so it seems fair to me.

I'm not just some dude.  I'm the same RTB2011 of BCC (Beehler Computational Consulting) who once had a reputation for renting GPU miner farms in litecoins golden age.  I'm done with litcoin, but if you want, I can get references from happy customers.

Or just buy the hardware out, I'm open to offers.  I won't ship international though, and I'd much prefer a rental contract.  We'd do it right of course, you'd have my name and address and confirmation I am who I say I am.

The hardware consists of:

1x very low-clocked Rockminer T1 (essentially an ASIC miner tube) ~650Ghash

2x Antminer S3+'s, one clocked high the other at stock (doesn't go much higher).  Between them about ~850 Ghash

1x Spondooliestech SP10 Dawson.  1.5Thash.  Excellent clocks due to low temps here in Washington and my garage in general.

Screenshot for your viewing pleasure (a remote desktop console like this can be arranged):

Please contact me with offers, requests for references, etc.  

Thanks for looking!  Payment in bitcoins only please.

PS:  I also am looking for a good GTX980.  If anyone can offer one in trade, I'd be very interested in making some kind of deal.  Same thing with any 4k HDTV, though obviously that will be worth more.  Oh, and newegg gift cards are accepted as well as a form of payment.  If you happen to have some we can talk about knocking that off your price.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:52:27 AM

Do we have to pay electricity costs if we purchase? If so What is the combined wattage of the miners?
I am very interested Cheesy
R-T-B (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:13:21 AM

Do we have to pay electricity costs if we purchase? If so What is the combined wattage of the miners?

Heh, no my prices include electricity.  I'm paying very cheap Washington hydro prices.  Honestly I should probably shut down the Rockminer T1 but I've underclocked it to reduce it's wattage and it's doing ok.

Whole thing draws a little under 2KW.  I don't make much on this rental tbh, I'm offering this more for the fun of keeping the stuff running and a little money on the side without the stress of watching bitcoin 24/7 for the next price jump. Wink

One thing everyone should know though:  This is a rural location with reasonably reliable electric (mostly underground wiring here), but it's still not battery/generator backed.  If electricity goes out though, I'll arrange a usage extension in the contract.
Jahno

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:22:25 PM

Heh, no my prices include electricity.  I'm paying very cheap Washington hydro prices.  Honestly I should probably shut down the Rockminer T1 but I've underclocked it to reduce it's wattage and it's doing ok.

Whole thing draws a little under 2KW.  I don't make much on this rental tbh, I'm offering this more for the fun of keeping the stuff running and a little money on the side without the stress of watching bitcoin 24/7 for the next price jump. Wink

One thing everyone should know though:  This is a rural location with reasonably reliable electric (mostly underground wiring here), but it's still not battery/generator backed.  If electricity goes out though, I'll arrange a usage extension in the contract.

How often is there a power outage?

Thanks (:
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 10:53:50 PM

I would offer 2BTC for the Sp10 + s3s.
R-T-B (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:58:26 AM

One thing everyone should know though:  This is a rural location with reasonably reliable electric (mostly underground wiring here), but it's still not battery/generator backed.  If electricity goes out though, I'll arrange a usage extension in the contract.

How often is there a power outage?

Thanks (:

We usually have a few hour electrical outage about once every 3-6 months, depending largely on weather.  It is obviously more common in the winter, less in the summertime.
R-T-B (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:59:04 AM

Thanks for the offer.  I will keep this one on the table, but I'd like to investigate my options first.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 02:38:14 AM

Thanks for the offer.  I will keep this one on the table, but I'd like to investigate my options first.

How much for all of it then? If it helps make a deal I would take the Rockminer too I guess.
GrandmaJean

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:59:21 AM

The rent would be for a 3-12 month contract, your call.  I'm thinking a price of about $150 a month.  I pay cheap prices for electricty and you are taking on the risk paying upfront, so it seems fair to me.
Your $150 per month rate would be appropriate now, however as difficulty increases it will become less and less appropriate.

Would you be willing to consider any longer term leases when the price per month declines each additional month by an agreed upon amount?
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:21:13 AM

Vouching for OP.
He rented me some miners in his farm for scrypt coins a while back. He was always extremely honest and was a pleasure to do business with.
He gave me great advice and I had no complaints whatsoever throughout the 3-4 months of his service.

GL with this venture! Smiley
R-T-B (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:12:12 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 10:26:08 AM by R-T-B

The rent would be for a 3-12 month contract, your call.  I'm thinking a price of about $150 a month.  I pay cheap prices for electricty and you are taking on the risk paying upfront, so it seems fair to me.
Your $150 per month rate would be appropriate now, however as difficulty increases it will become less and less appropriate.

Would you be willing to consider any longer term leases when the price per month declines each additional month by an agreed upon amount?

This is actually an excellent point I have not considered.  Bitcoin IMO, is going to see a difficulty decline soon and this is probably the least profitable we will see it.  But I could be wrong.  It could get worse.  And in the longterm one thing is for sure:  Diff rises.

I'm opening this to single month rentals with optional renewals either at the current rate, or a renegotiated rate.  I of course reserve the right to terminate at the end of the month if I feel I'd be doing better on my own, but you'd be given some kind of advance notice (I'm thinking at least 15 days ahead of time).  Renegotiated renewals would consider what is happening, for better or for worse.  If bitcoin is doing well however you'd probably want to opt to keep your current rate. Wink

Editing opening post to indicate such.

Oh, and thanks for the vouch AT101ET!  Great to see you here as well! Smiley
R-T-B (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:18:00 AM

How much for all of it then? If it helps make a deal I would take the Rockminer too I guess.

Eh, honestly I'll throw in the Rockminer if you want but lets be honest with each other:  It's an old process node and not that great of a chip, thus it isn't worth too much, lol.  Probably not even worth it's shipping weight if I have to pay, kinda a heavy unit for what it makes.

As I said, I'm prefering a rental, but I'd sell the whole lot right now for probably...  say 4BTC?  I really want about $800 at the end of the day for the lot and honestly that may be too much.  Shipping costs are tricky too...  I can't drop much lower though, so you be the judge.

If you did buy them at that rate, I'd throw in a few months of hosting too, given I have dirt cheap electric.  They'd still be yours and boxed up at the end on request, naturally.
R-T-B (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:19:29 PM

Oh, almost forgot to mention all miners come with Platinum PSUs if you're making a buy offer.

Minus of course the SP10.  It's integrated PSU is gold rated though.
R-T-B (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:14:45 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 07:35:24 AM by R-T-B

One last bump before I take them all and just continue mining on my own.  I'm open to best offers.
pokeyjones

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:31:03 AM

One last bump before I take them all and just continue mining on my own.  I'm open to best offers.

How much to rent your farm for one year? You run it, pay electric, optimize it... and keep it to sell or re-lease at the end.

Simple lease of your hashing and experience

armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 06:54:38 AM

Sent you a PM if you've still got this up for rent.  Wink

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
R-T-B (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:29:30 AM

Currently the farm has a client.  It won't be reopen to potential leasing until the end of the current month.

Thanks for some interest though, it's always appreciated. Smiley
pokeyjones

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:05:39 PM

Currently the farm has a client.  It won't be reopen to potential leasing until the end of the current month.

Thanks for some interest though, it's always appreciated. Smiley

You are in Washington... do you have anything to do with budgeting for the govt? Instead of monthly showdowns, maybe you could have a sound fiscal policy and work something out now? Instead of this month to month insanity.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: