News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where is the place to invest?
Bitcoin
Stockmarket

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or stockmarket?  (Read 5306 times)
pr472

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:52:36 PM

Bitcoin.

Not enough ammo for stock market being profitable. Yet.

Also too much fees for stock market stuff, specially if you invest abroad. And you are not allowed to buy fractions of a stock.

And right now the fundamentals for the stock markets are not the best, in my opinion

I've been invested in the stock market for 20+ years. When I started, the market was at 6,000. Now the market is at 17,000+, so the stock market has been very good to me. But the most important thing about the stock market is that it is a long term investment. You don't go into the market for months; you go into it for years, and if you do, you will make money.
Fees are pretty low, in my opinion. It is best to get help with your investment--I have Wells Fargo Advisors and it has been excellent.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:52:44 AM

I've been invested in the stock market for 20+ years. When I started, the market was at 6,000. Now the market is at 17,000+, so the stock market has been very good to me. But the most important thing about the stock market is that it is a long term investment. You don't go into the market for months; you go into it for years, and if you do, you will make money.
Fees are pretty low, in my opinion. It is best to get help with your investment--I have Wells Fargo Advisors and it has been excellent.

Did your average yearly returns over 20 years outpace inflation? (To calculate inflation use the CPI formula that accurately reports food /fuel and healthcare and not the FUD they normally propagandize- 5-10% compounded annually per year should need to be beat)

General_A

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:54:36 AM

Hi i've been looking for investments. please tell me where is the fastest way to earn money. is it bitcoin or stockmarket? from todays point of view. Please respect my post, thank you!
If you asking on a forum where to put your money then maybe investing is not for you friend....

There's nothing wrong in asking for opinions, as long as you're aware they're just opinions not facts and will do your own research before taking any actions.
Can't argue with that Smiley

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:00:01 AM

Hi i've been looking for investments. please tell me where is the fastest way to earn money. is it bitcoin or stockmarket? from todays point of view. Please respect my post, thank you!
If you asking on a forum where to put your money then maybe investing is not for you friend....

There's nothing wrong in asking for opinions, as long as you're aware they're just opinions not facts and will do your own research before taking any actions.
Can't argue with that Smiley

true. but it would be nice to see that people give honest answers rather than giving info for their self interest. there's a time to troll/shill and there's a time to be real.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
GrandmaJean

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:11:46 AM

Did your average yearly returns over 20 years outpace inflation? (To calculate inflation use the CPI formula that accurately reports food /fuel and healthcare and not the FUD they normally propagandize- 5-10% compounded annually per year should need to be beat)
I would say that even 5% inflation would be vastly exaggerated. Historically inflation has averaged ~3% and that counts higher then average inflation during the oil crisis.

Over most standardized measures of time, the stock market has outpaced inflation by roughly 7% per year. In other words you would grow your purchasing power by as much every year (on average).

In order to have produced these kinds of results you would have needed to invest in a very broad range of investments
clementinal

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:22:22 AM

none of the above would be suitable for beginners taking in consideration current situation in the markets.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:34:42 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 12:19:01 PM by inBitweTrust

I would say that even 5% inflation would be vastly exaggerated. Historically inflation has averaged ~3% and that counts higher then average inflation during the oil crisis.

Over most standardized measures of time, the stock market has outpaced inflation by roughly 7% per year. In other words you would grow your purchasing power by as much every year (on average).

In order to have produced these kinds of results you would have needed to invest in a very broad range of investments

1-3% is government propaganda. 5-10% more accurately reflects everyday consumers. This would negate most stock market profits.

You need to investigate those numbers more thoroughly and see how changes in the way CPI is calculated understate inflation:

- the method of weighting the underlying components was changed from a straight arithmetic weighting method to geometric.  The primary result of the switch to a geometric weighting was a lower weighting to CPI components that were rising in price, and a higher weighting to those items dropping in price which led to lower reported inflation.  

- The BLS instituted a system of “hedonic” adjustments.  Hedonics adjusts the prices of goods for the increased pleasure the consumer derives from them. This allows them to offset the price increases because the newer products or services are "superior" to the old ones.

-  When a commodity, like gasoline, goes through periods of violent price swings the BLS steps in and uses “intervention analysis” to smooth out the volatility.  As a result, sharply rising gasoline prices are never fully reflected in the reported headline inflation number.  However, declining prices, which are never adjusted, do show an impact to reducing inflation.

Here is a link where they attempt to address some of the criticisms :

http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2008/article/addressing-misconceptions-about-the-consumer-price-index.htm

Any critical thinker can quickly see that there is manipulation being done when reviewing the facts.

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:50:28 AM

IMO official inflation figures get screwed by two things, one, the price of tech drops like a stone over the years, and buying it is mostly optional, you don't NEED a new TV every year. Secondly the "Basket of Goods" is manipulated in other ways also, oh steak is $15 a pound now, well I guess everyone buys wieners instead then... NO!!! We'll have a basket full of Mr Noodle at this rate. If you're going to do that, you may as well just say that $200 of groceries is $200 of groceries every year.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 11:57:17 AM

Bitcoin offers more opportunity for development considering our percentage of adoption is still rather low. Compare that to stockmarket, how much do you expect it to increase per se? Likely if you imagine bitcoin having all the payment processor and credit card shares, what would that translate towards bitcoin price?

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 12:42:52 PM

I vote for bitcoin, because I have more control over my bitcoin rather then my stocks.

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:33:27 PM

However, ordinary Chinese have been getting excited about small cap chinese stocks of late, they've been up 30-50% over last year, and a lot of money has been going there. Could explain why they lost much enthusiasm for bitcoin over 2014... but again... sheeple excited 'coz highs are hit, not good time.

Annnnnd it's gone *poof* http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-stocks-are-getting-obliterated-2015-1

edit: though that does imply that Chinese stocks now might be a good buy, they weren't 2 days ago. Probably wanna wait for it to play out a couple of days though.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
pr472

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:47:17 PM

My returns easily outpaced inflation. I'm currently living off these returns!
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:04:08 AM

this BTC price will be remembered as the time only the fools didn't buy in

mark my words

but what if it goes down to 100, or below that even? 
Well its called risk/reward range, the more you wait past a certain price the more you are risking missing what can be a lifetime train, so you choose. You want to wait to hope to time a perfect floor or you want to secure a decent position now?
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:55:27 PM

Bitcoin may languish in 2015 or take off at the end of 2015 in market anticipation for the 2016 halving.

Even if you don't invest in Bitcoin, stay away from stocks for the time being.

Seconded.

Property (historic low interest rates) ?  PM's ?

BTW - India looking good.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:34:52 AM

I like bitcoin because I understand it.  Well... I understand it more than I did 2 years ago.  Either way is risky.  Just go with what feels right.  I've been burnt by stocks before.  If you go after stocks go after blue chips.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:08:57 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/stock-market-crash-2014-12

and 7 other reasons to expect a 30-50% downturn in the stock market in 2015:

Bitcoin may languish in 2015 or take off at the end of 2015 in market anticipation for the 2016 halving.

Even if you don't invest in Bitcoin, stay away from stocks for the time being.

Yeah, but not ALL will be ruined. Some of them will triumph as it always happen. Some people take advantage of bad times and succeed, its all a game of knowing where to invest. One could have said the same about Tesla (dont invest, we are still in a shitty period) but those that did at the begining are now enjoying a nice life. Of course you require tons of luck as well.
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:50:02 AM

The fastest way is Stockmarket, you can earn good profit without big risk
Bitcoin is too dangerous, especially with price stability
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:12:02 AM

The fastest way to earn money without risk is by working hard. Investing in stockmarkets or bitcoin can end in a big loss of your money. Don't invest more than you can afford to loose, spread your investments, set a stop-loss, don't be emotional about an investment.

BTW I'm invested in bitcoin and altcoins. Good luck!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:45:44 AM

Buy large amounts of oil, sugar...for a 20% or more discount. That will beat Bitcoin and the stock market for a 3 months investment.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:24:21 PM

The fastest way is Stockmarket, you can earn good profit without big risk
Bitcoin is too dangerous, especially with price stability

How do you earn "good profit without big risk" in the stockmarket? tell us what do you specifically? That sounds like a joke to me.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: