News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where is the place to invest?
Bitcoin
Stockmarket

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or stockmarket?  (Read 5303 times)
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:31:38 PM

The fastest way is Stockmarket, you can earn good profit without big risk
Bitcoin is too dangerous, especially with price stability

How do you earn "good profit without big risk" in the stockmarket? tell us what do you specifically? That sounds like a joke to me.

Illegally with insider trading or manipulating the markets... In other words , the game is rigged and the house maintains the edge.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:32:26 PM

Leverage trade whatever markets are moving.  I'll trade anything that I can profit off of.  EUR/USD is a cash cow right now. 
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:03:58 AM

Leverage trade whatever markets are moving.  I'll trade anything that I can profit off of.  EUR/USD is a cash cow right now. 
Leverage is too scary. If price goes low you can be in debt. That.. I do not want. Unless you get a loan.. you will not be in debt if you lose your BTC.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:44:00 AM

Hi i've been looking for investments. please tell me where is the fastest way to earn money. is it bitcoin or stockmarket? from todays point of view. Please respect my post, thank you!

Find an idea and start a business. You can offcours also accept bitcoins, but probably you will not list your business on stock exchange.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 02:21:00 AM

Hi i've been looking for investments. please tell me where is the fastest way to earn money. is it bitcoin or stockmarket? from todays point of view. Please respect my post, thank you!

What part of the stock market? One can't buy shares of "the stock market" so the comparison isn't fair. It's a great question though. I'm glad I didn't choose BTC over traditional investments last year though...

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 06:02:04 AM

If it was that easy , everyone in the world is a millionaire right , don't you think .
I totally disagree here dude  , Bitcoin is a lot less dangerous then stocks because we know that Bitcoin will rise sooner or later (while Block reward decreasing over the years ) but for stocks market ... meh , you should read books etc about economics it's really not that easy.

B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:08:05 PM

It all depends on what your goal of using the technology is.

Investing in Bitcoin:

- Has the potential to net you some nice tidy fiat sums if the tech becomes very popular. Once full implementation and all coins have been minted/dispersed your chances of returning a handsome profit decrease.

Investing in Bitcoin Stock market:

- Provided there was one, you would have public assurance and protection from a highly regulated industry. You could earn tidy profits given your financial market prowess and guessing skills.

Perhaps buying BTC short-term (5-10 years)
BTC stock market (if created) long-term (10+ years)

The problem will be if BTC goes the way of public or private. Currently the tech is public, but all business surrounding it is mostly private.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:50:09 PM

If it was that easy , everyone in the world is a millionaire right , don't you think .
I totally disagree here dude  , Bitcoin is a lot less dangerous then stocks because we know that Bitcoin will rise sooner or later (while Block reward decreasing over the years ) but for stocks market ... meh , you should read books etc about economics it's really not that easy.

Well you also can count on stocks like CocaCola, Apple or Microsoft to continue gaining strenght over years.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:12:15 PM

Well you also can count on stocks like CocaCola, Apple or Microsoft to continue gaining strenght over years.

Why would you assume that? What percentage of fortune 500 companies maintain dominance today vs 50 years ago?

Most People would laugh at you if you suggested Kodak would need to file for bankruptcy 20 years ago.
Look how quickly history has unfolded though and how a small finish company out of nowhere was able to outsell cameras within 1 year.

protonman

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:37:30 PM

For the vast majority of people, a good investment would be a low fee index tracking fund.
This a long article, but I believe the advice is sound http://www.modernluxury.com/san-francisco/story/the-best-investment-advice-youll-never-get

Single stock trading or Bitcoin trading is highly speculative - only trade money which you can afford to lose - since it is likely you'll lose money and a few people will make money. Those who lose will blame bad luck, those who win will attribute it to super-human powers of deduction, the truth will probably lay somewhere in the middle. However, if you're willing to take risk, then you can definitely make money on any asset that is volatile and Bitcoin currently fits this description!
donguan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:00:44 PM

depends on the kind of stock, bitcoin is a high risk investment
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:11:20 AM

Why would you assume that? What percentage of fortune 500 companies maintain dominance today vs 50 years ago?

Most People would laugh at you if you suggested Kodak would need to file for bankruptcy 20 years ago.
Look how quickly history has unfolded though and how a small finish company out of nowhere was able to outsell cameras within 1 year.
Yup, but we are talking at least 10 years in time and monopolies of CocaCola as king of drinks and Apple and Microsoft as king of computers have 0, 0, absolutely 0 real competence. Pepsi? Linux? Lol, not gonna happen. These are safe.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:11:46 AM

Leverage is too scary. If price goes low you can be in debt. That.. I do not want. Unless you get a loan.. you will not be in debt if you lose your BTC.

It's not scary at all, just don't walk away from the computer without a stop loss in place.  I open up 200x positions before bed and sleep like a baby. 
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:20:00 AM

Yup, but we are talking at least 10 years in time and monopolies of CocaCola as king of drinks and Apple and Microsoft as king of computers have 0, 0, absolutely 0 real competence. Pepsi? Linux? Lol, not gonna happen. These are safe.

i thought pepsi co. was already worth more than coke ?
but i cant drink pepsi ,il always go for coke if theres a choice Smiley
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:24:19 AM

Investing in coke was a great investment in any previous decade.

pepsi market cap 145 Billions, coke 185 Billions
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:46:05 AM

Investing in coke was a great investment in any previous decade.

pepsi market cap 145 Billions, coke 185 Billions

very interesting reading :
Coca-Cola has a market capitalization of $170 billion. PepsiCo’s (NYSE: PEP) is almost $127 billion. PepsiCo’s revenue was $66 billion last year. Coca-Cola’s was $47 billion. A deeper look into the two companies shows the valuation debate gets even more confusing.

http://247wallst.com/consumer-products/2014/04/12/is-coke-worth-more-than-pepsi/

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:35:02 PM

I prefer Bitcoin as long term investment.

I used to invest in stocks quite a bit some years back, but now only when certain stocks are real cheap.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:10:42 PM

I used to invest in stocks quite a bit some years back, but now only when certain stocks are real cheap.

It is better to own bitcoins or stocks that fiat, the idea is to save and keep investing in different vehicules that are protected against inflation and have low fees.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:43:06 PM

It is better to own bitcoins or stocks that fiat, the idea is to save and keep investing in different vehicules that are protected against inflation and have low fees.
Unless you are very rich and can make money easily with bank interest, its just useless to have your poor man fiat in the bank, bitcoin and stocks is better if you want to gain interest and not die waiting for any relevant gains (bank interest is so damn low)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:32:13 PM

with stocks people are very happy with a 10% gain in a year. most people in crypto want instant 50-100% profits.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: