Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:51:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Morning Calm" - 11" Physical Bitcoin (Proof of Ownership)  (Read 3169 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:20:37 AM

"Morning Calm"

Material: AAAA Grade - Jatoba Heartwood
Price: 5.7BTC
Commissioned By: IronMarvel / IronMarvel2 (his account was hacked and theymos has not resolved it yet.
Coin: 6 of 10 to be made for the 2015 year

"Morning Calm" is an artistic representation of peace and harmony in bitcoin culture. When it started i was given a symbol, and asked to build a coin around it. Almost instantly i was taken back to my memories of The Garden of Morning Calm . One of the most peaceful and tranquil places i have ever known on the planet. With patterned carvings of abstract Hibiscus and vine, "Morning Calm" instills a sense of harmony within a room. An overwhelming sense of calm can be felt when standing it its presence and looking deep into the detail of the garden carved into this coin.

Morning Calm is coin number 6 of 10 in the series.

This coin is not for sale, This thread is only to show that it was commissioned and purchased by IronMarvel and that he is the original owner.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:22:42 AM

It is so beautiful... What does the back side look like though? Just curious.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:25:16 AM

It is so beautiful... What does the back side look like though? Just curious.

I leave it up to the owner of the coin to post pictures of the reverse if they wish as this one has their bitcoin address carved into it. He posted pictures of the back side of his other coin, so i am sure he will do so on this one too once it is in his hands. Its going half way around the world from where i live so it will be about a week and he might have pics of it up.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:38:43 AM

Man, can I be your apprentice or something-I'll work for free!
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:07:42 AM

In my opinion, the nicest piece so far! Great work. It seems like it only keeps getting better Smiley
SBear

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:10:56 AM

Amazing piece of work, simply beautiful!

Great job.
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:16:46 AM

Damn mate , the workmanship is remarkable  Shocked

Very very stunning piece.
IronMarvel2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:34:08 AM

This is such a breathtaking piece!
It is for a very special and wonderful person in my life.
She is going to love it.
Thank you WoodCollector for another piece of true art!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BITCOIN-ENGRAVE - CUSTOM BITCOIN ENGRAVE | KEYCHAINS | BRACELETS | WALLETS | COINS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:25:46 PM

I wont be taking on an apprentice for a while, but when i do it will have a $500,000 price tag. There are under 100 Master Artisan Wood Carvers in the world and it requires 20 years to become a Master Artisan as well as doing your journeyman study as an apprentice of a Master Artisan. The price may sound steep but a Master Artisan makes 20 times that a year. There are a lot of great wood carvers in the world, but a single piece from a Master Artisian fetches 5-10 times that of a hobbyist, and after completing a journeyman study a Junior Artisan can make that money back within a year just having studied under one of the masters.

erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:13:43 PM

I wont be taking on an apprentice for a while, but when i do it will have a $500,000 price tag. There are under 100 Master Artisan Wood Carvers in the world and it requires 20 years to become a Master Artisan as well as doing your journeyman study as an apprentice of a Master Artisan. The price may sound steep but a Master Artisan makes 20 times that a year. There are a lot of great wood carvers in the world, but a single piece from a Master Artisian fetches 5-10 times that of a hobbyist, and after completing a journeyman study a Junior Artisan can make that money back within a year just having studied under one of the masters.

wonderful art as usual  Wink

just curious, how many hours does it takes you to finish an art like this one?
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:16:45 PM

wonderful art as usual  Wink

just curious, how many hours does it takes you to finish an art like this one?

This one was 120 hours carving, 2 hours toning with a torch, 9 hours of finish work.

CanadaBits

Activity: 126

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 06:33:40 PM

Beautiful peice of art. Amazed with the detail. Where do I get one.

finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:40:29 PM

Reallly nice piece. Whats the size of that coin ?
And what wood is used ?

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:42:00 PM

Beautiful peice of art. Amazed with the detail. Where do I get one.

You cant anymore unless you have 500BTC to spend on coin #10 when i list it for sale. there are only 10 of the 2015 collection. I may decide to sell some of my personal 2014 collection at some point but for now i am rather attached to them.

And what wood is used ?

THANKS !!!!

All the details are listed in the first post

finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:43:30 PM

And what wood is used ?

THANKS !!!!

AH got it. Almost missed the material type.
However still can't see the size mentioned.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:50:58 PM

And what wood is used ?

THANKS !!!!

AH got it. Almost missed the material type.
However still can't see the size mentioned.

11"

Sorry, it was in the title not the post, i'll get it fixed when i get back to the shop.

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:03:36 PM

Without a doubt, one of my favourite pieces. Any plans to make a coin with a similar design on a smaller piece of wood?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 08:04:41 PM

How many years does the journeyman study as an apprentice of the Master Artisan?

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:03:30 PM

Beautiful design, really nice detail.

a Master Artisan makes 20 times that a year

At 5.7 BTC for 131 hours of work, aren't you making just under eleven bucks an hour?  Huh

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:05:56 PM

Without a doubt, one of my favourite pieces. Any plans to make a coin with a similar design on a smaller piece of wood?

Nope, The 2015 Coins are done, #9 was just commissioned and a deposit paid, Once the balance is paid by Friday that will conclude the 10 coins for 2015. Coin # 10 will be listed for sale in the coming weeks and the secret of the 10 coins will be revealed. I will still make you a plaque if you want, no year listed but no more coins will be made until December of 2015 when i start the 2016 coins.

How many years does the journeyman study as an apprentice of the Master Artisan?

An Journeyman must study for 2 years minimum under the guidance of a Master Artisan to earn is Junior Artisan qualification Sometimes it takes 5 years, it all depends on how well you learn. As a Junior Artisan you can expect to earn $200k - $500k a year for your work. I must warn that 2 years studying under a master artisan is no picnic, it's not fun, and is enough to make a grown man cry. 2 Decades ago when i started my career, my liege (the master artisan whom i studied under) took a hatchet to a piece i had spent 6 months carving, told me it was absolute shit, and that i didnt deserve to lay my hands on such a beautiful piece of wood as i was incapable of letting it express its true beauty. I wanted to put the hatchet into his head ! But after i finished my Journeyman study and he approved my Opera d'arte (final work of art that you must complete to signal you are ready to move on) I realized that his harsh criticisms and ability to non-stop ride my ass pushed my levels of ability to that beyond what most ordinary men are able to do.

Once you complete your Journeyman study you must complete 5 years as a Junior Artisan, Sometimes this is done as an apprentice (instead of a student) to a master artisan, others as an independent study, this is where you learn to take the skills you picked up as a student and fine tune your craft, this is where your art defines itself in style and quality. I did my Junior study in Italy, France, and China, with frequent trips to other places to find my zone.  

Once you complete your time as a Junior Artisan a Master Artisan must review another Opera d'arte then you become an Artisan. Artisans on average can earn $1 million to $2 million a year for their works. After 10 years as an artisan you are able to request a Opera d'arte review from a Master Artisan. This piece must be of the highest quality, with the utmost precision, with flawless lines, perfect curves, immaculate detail, perfectly embodied within the grain of your subject wood. In short, so perfect that nobody could ever replicate its existance, something so astounding that the most state of the art machines could not manufacture something as precise. IF the Master Artisan feels that you have truly mastered your craft, that you have reached the highest level of craftsmanship that is possible, he may deem you a Master. Some Artisans spend their entire life trying to reach the Master level, very few ever do. Master Artisans are the top of the craft, earnings exceed $10 million a year on average, and a true Master Artisan piece of art can fetch upwards of $1 million USD by itself.

Artisan Wood Crafters are a society that have been around since the year of four emperors in 69 AD in Rome, Long before even the free masons and stone workers. Much lesser known as we are a quiet bunch, secrets are so secret that they are not even known as secrets. Meetings are never held but once every 50 years by the Masters. As a culture it started by the carving of the royal beds in 69 AD. Still today, Wherever the heads of royalty, or leaders of nations lay at night, you can pretty much guarantee it is in a bed created by a Master Artisan. A tradition over 2,000 years old

I have yet to lay out the "top of my skill" on a bitcoin piece that anyone has seen here on the forums, but when you see coin #10 you will understand why it holds a 500BTC price tag even beyond the surprise that it holds. Coin #10 is a true masterpiece and the top of the trade.

$500k to take on a Journeyman when i decide to do so will be a solid investment in someones future, but i will not take on just anyone when i decide to do so. In today's dollars, i paid the equivalent of $2 million dollars to study under my liege 2 decades ago. But i was able to study under one of the greatest on the planet at the time, 50 years as a Master Artisan when he took me in as his under-study.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: