Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:12:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Modify S5 Antminer to watercooling  (Read 15730 times)
syscooling (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:25:26 AM

Watecooling Components:Modify S5 Antminer to Watercooling Miner
   Components include cover,waterblock and fans,you could order 8 hash boards from Bitmain,and assemble a watercooling S5 miner by yourself.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 09:35:22 AM

What other components are you providing to cool the roughly ~2KW? Same as C1 kit?

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:16:13 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 12:15:20 PM by Tupsu

Thank you for the cool project and experiment!

If you could, please mention   that any hardware modification will void Bitmain Warranty Qualification, if you could....

But,  what about the 4 data cables and 1x 4 pin power cables for controller board? They need to do a longer or replace it.

Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:29:01 AM

Watecooling Components:Modify S5 Antminer to Watercooling Miner

Components include cover,waterblock and fans, you could order 8 hash boards from Bitmain, and assemble a watercooling S5 miner by yourself.

1 controller receives only signal from 4 hash boards. Do I need for this projekt  two controllers ?
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:22:49 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 05:54:00 PM by IITravel01

I think so, the divider looks like you can attach a controller card to each side.  I just don't get why it looks like there are 4 Ethernet openings between the fans (looks like they've upgraded to 140mm fans).  I'm also curious what type of cooling kit will be offered?  I don't think the C1 cooling kit will be enough to cool it.  Or will it be the big kit and that will be enough to cool 2 of these?

EDIT:  I see now, 4 controller cards (do the other ports not work on the S5 controller card then, shouldn't you only need 2 of these with 4 S5's?), 2 on each side of the divider, equal to 4 S5's (8 blades/boards) or that was the original design, so yes it's probably one of the big radiator kits for each of these since it's 2400 watts.
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:45:04 PM

I think so, the divider looks like you can attach a controller card to each side.  I just don't get why it looks like there are 4 Ethernet openings between the fans.  I'm also curious what type of cooling kit will be offered?  I don't think the C1 cooling kit will be enough to cool it.  Or will it be the big kit and that will be enough to cool 2 of these?

EDIT:  I see now, 4 controller cards (do the other ports not work on the S5 controller card then, shouldn't you only need 2 of these with 4 S5's?), 2 on each side of the divider, equal to 8 S5's or that was the original design, so yes it's probably one of the big radiator kits for each of these since it's 2400 watts.

Today I received   SC-BC2 antiminner cooling kit   http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=46
He has a huge and quiet.

One controller card works for me with 2 Antminer S5 ( together 4 blades )
IITravel01

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:30:06 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 06:27:17 PM by IITravel01

Looks like this will need at least two 1300 G2 power supply, using all the PCIe connectors (4 single + 2 double connectors = 8 ) that come with it, on each side.  With 2x 1600w power supply you may be able to add an additional S5 to the setup (=1200w x2 + 600w = 3000w), but will need to purchase a couple of extra PCIe single connector cables per power supply if you want to add the additional S5, by the way the T2 Titanium has been released).  Hopefully it'll be enough to power the 8 additional fans and the pump also.  Would have preferred the controller cards at the top with just 1 per side (=2) like the current S5, if it needed 4 then one facing each direction (front and back) may have been better if the lower board was slightly shorter and only half the length of the S5.  I'm estimating that the kit and additional S2 big radiator kit will be about $300 plus shipping (4 watercooling blocks = @$100, cooling kit $120, enclosure, cables and 2 fans =@$60).

Are these the same watercooling blocks that fit the S3/C1's with just a different screw hole location on one side of the watercooling block?
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:49:28 PM

This is an amazing mod!

If anyone got one of these up & running can u please let me know??

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:13:59 PM

Are these the same watercooling blocks that fit the S3/C1's with just a different screw hole location on one side of the watercooling block?

ANTS3 Water block   http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=47

Today I received  4 pc. Screw holes location  on both sides  and it  is compatible with the  S5 hash boards.
IITravel01

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:59:49 PM

ANTS3 Water block   http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=47

Today I received  4 pc. Screw holes location  on both sides  and it  is compatible with the  S5 hash boards.

Is there screw holes for both the S5 and the S3 on each side?  The C1 has screw holes so that one board is facing upside down from the other, while the new kit shows the S5 boards both upright?
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:35:44 PM

Is there screw holes for both the S5 and the S3 on each side?  The C1 has screw holes so that one board is facing upside down from the other, while the new kit shows the S5 boards both upright?

One side has a total of 20 screw holes. Exactly the same spot where the S5 20x screw  holes is.

C1 uses S3+ boards, only the data connector is soldered to the other side of the boards. The same 20x screw holes.
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:13:14 PM

How is the noise of these things?
I have 4 s5's with s3 fans on both sides, but it is still to loud for my girlfriend.
Maby I can make them watercooled, I want to run them at 350 or 375.
IITravel01

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:19:52 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 11:36:55 PM by IITravel01

OK, if the kit is reasonable, then I'll order a kit, but know that the shipping is really high to the U.S. (the big radiator kit along was more for shipping than the $120 price).  I'd be interested to see if it can cool the 4 S5's enough to run them at 412.5M constantly (that should be about 1400w per side, so two 1600w power supplies should work well, that would be about, = about 1,350Gh/s x2 per side = 5,400GH/s)?
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:25:29 PM

If that is like a 2*c1 side by side, why not make 3*c1 side by side, also 1*c1 but with s5 blades, c2?!

Also: it should be only 1 controller for al boards
         use 14cm fans! not the screaming 12cm from s5
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:11:57 AM

If that is like a 2*c1 side by side, why not make 3*c1 side by side, also 1*c1 but with s5 blades, c2?!

Also: it should be only 1 controller for al boards
         use 14cm fans! not the screaming 12cm from s5

From 1 x C1 boards+ controller and 2 x S5 leftover  parts I built air-cooled C1. In the same style as the S5 . The two pieces side by side, and only one has controller.
bittalc1

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:19:30 AM

How about some kit for ant s4?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:39:57 AM

This would be a lot more attractive if Bitmain would ship bare boards.
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:45:48 AM

You will also need the cables, screws  and springs.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:04:06 AM

You will also need the cables, screws  and springs.
Screws and springs are easy enough to source, though they could include them. I would envision the cables being included in a kit consisting of a BBB, the controller board, four hashing boards and the needed cables. It's nonsensical to purchase the aircooling heatsinks, fans, extra controller and plastic bits just to ship all that weight across the world and then strip it down and throw it away. Tongue
syscooling (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:09:42 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 02:46:37 AM by syscooling

What other components are you providing to cool the roughly ~2KW? Same as C1 kit?
C1 kit is OK,but both sides of radiator need to be installed fans.1 C1 kit could support 4 hash boards,the whole miner need two kits.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: