Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:19:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Modify S5 Antminer to watercooling  (Read 15727 times)
syscooling (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:53:15 AM

How much are the S5 hashing boards and how do you go about ordering?
You could ask Bitmain about boards,and we think it is cheaper that you assemble a water-cooled S5 rather than air-cooled S5.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:56:38 AM

back in the thread it said you need 6 fans instead of 3 with the small radiator

So one needs both things below:
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=51

and

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=45

in order to get the whole system going.

You need two of the radiator kits, or one of the large kit.  But, the case doesn't seem to list the needed extra length cables yet.

That's right, the kit will need 3 extra fans per radiator.  Also, there was mention about screws and springs also.  I wonder if you buy the boards, maybe the cables, screws and springs are included from Bitmaiin?
Exactly,all you mentioned need you purchase from Bitmain,and we will also provide some other type screws for modify requirement.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:57:58 AM

I costed shipping for two units without rads, and it came out to $437US with paypal.  No bitcoin?
wayyy to expensive.
Shipping cost is unavoidable,and value of bitcoin is changing all the time,sorry about that.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:14:39 AM

Screws arrived,purchase could be accepted http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=51

Remember,when you purchase hash board from Bitmain,you also need buy 2 controllers,screws,springs,cables(8cm*2,16cm*6).If you want or need to extend cables yourself,please tell us anyway,we could provide you cables and heat shrink tubing that you need for welding.

Our modified kit includes:case,4 waterblocks,2 fans,2 fan covers,screws,heat conducting paste,2 distributors,cables and heat shrink tubing(if needed).

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:16:57 AM

Oops, forgot it only comes with a front fan, was mixing it up with the S3 in front of me.  So, will the water blocks fit with the screws that hold them in place on the S5?
Air-cooled S5 doesn't have screw holes to hold waterblocks.

You can take bottom of  S3 and drill   into 8 extra holes. Bottom  is not necessary for working the S3

Also, you have to drill 4 more holes

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 04:04:19 AM

So I am confused.  Is Bitmain on board with this or do we have to lobby them to sell us what we need?
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 04:10:06 AM

So I am confused.  Is Bitmain on board with this or do we have to lobby them to sell us what we need?

Good question, guess when we see on their site that you can order the boards by themselves with the accessories, we'll know for sure.
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:27:24 AM

Bitmain should sell a watercooled BM1384. I pledge to buy for 3T/s if they sell one.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 07:17:36 AM

Will bitmain do some ??  Grin
I don't think so,but you could ask Dogie.

Good question, guess when we see on their site that you can order the boards by themselves with the accessories, we'll know for sure.

Bitmain should sell a watercooled BM1384. I pledge to buy for 3T/s if they sell one.

Unofficial for now, and no kits at this second. Have passed it on though so its a maybesoon TM Tongue

IITravel01

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 10:03:47 AM

Oops, forgot it only comes with a front fan, was mixing it up with the S3 in front of me.  So, will the water blocks fit with the screws that hold them in place on the S5?

You can take bottom of  S3 and drill   into 8 extra holes. Bottom  is not necessary for working the S3

Thanks for posting this, it answers what I had in mind and want to do.
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:28:46 AM

As Dogie said,it is unofficial on Bitmain now,but we could provide water-cooled S5 sale,price is $18 more expensive than official price of air-cooled S5.In addition,because we purchase boards from Bitmain,amounts couldn't be too small,if you want to purchase water-cooled S5,amouts of each order is 3 at least.You could send email to  watercooling@ysun.net   for purchasing,and preparing time of arranging shipment is about 1 week.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:32:41 AM

As Dogie said,it is unofficial on Bitmain now,but we could provide water-cooled S5 sale,price is $18 more expensive than official price of air-cooled S5.In addition,because we purchase boards from Bitmain,amounts couldn't be too small,if you want to purchase water-cooled S5,amouts of each order is 3 at least.You could send email to  watercooling@ysun.net   for purchasing,and preparing time of arranging shipment is about 1 week.

But to fill out the case you show in the OP you would need the equivelent of 4x S5's correct?
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:57:59 AM

You are selling a beast 8 S5 blades like the case in the OP or a 2 blades watercooled S5?
IITravel01

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:11:13 AM

So I am confused.  Is Bitmain on board with this or do we have to lobby them to sell us what we need?
As Dogie said,it is unofficial on Bitmain now,but we could provide water-cooled S5 sale,price is $18 more expensive than official price of air-cooled S5.In addition,because we purchase boards from Bitmain,amounts couldn't be too small,if you want to purchase water-cooled S5,amouts of each order is 3 at least.You could send email to  watercooling@ysun.net   for purchasing,and preparing time of arranging shipment is about 1 week.

I don't get it.  What if someone orders 5 then?  You'll get 2 partially filled cases?  One with 2 and one with 3 S5's in it?  Or one filled with 4 and then one mostly empty with just 1 S5 in it?
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:32:35 AM

But to fill out the case you show in the OP you would need the equivelent of 4x S5's correct?
That's right.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:39:12 AM

You are selling a beast 8 S5 blades like the case in the OP or a 2 blades watercooled S5?
As you can see,1 water-cooled S5 have 4 waterblocks,so it is equivalent to 4 air-cooled S5's.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:58:05 AM

So I am confused.  Is Bitmain on board with this or do we have to lobby them to sell us what we need?
As Dogie said,it is unofficial on Bitmain now,but we could provide water-cooled S5 sale,price is $18 more expensive than official price of air-cooled S5.In addition,because we purchase boards from Bitmain,amounts couldn't be too small,if you want to purchase water-cooled S5,amouts of each order is 3 at least.You could send email to  watercooling@ysun.net   for purchasing,and preparing time of arranging shipment is about 1 week.

I don't get it.  What if someone orders 5 then?  You'll get 2 partially filled cases?  One with 2 and one with 3 S5's in it?  Or one filled with 4 and then one mostly empty with just 1 S5 in it?
Ok,I don't introduce it clearly,forgive me  Wink.I said 3 S5,it is water-cooled S5,equivalent to 12 air-cooled S5.The price is $1307 each water-cooled S5.I know that is unconvenient,I will post a group-buying thread to count how many people want to purchase.If required amounts of water-cooled S5 is more than 50,the price might be a little lower.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:40:59 AM

Water-cooled S5 group-buying thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=936343.new#new

IITravel01

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:11:25 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 10:25:43 PM by IITravel01

Oops, forgot it only comes with a front fan, was mixing it up with the S3 in front of me.  So, will the water blocks fit with the screws that hold them in place on the S5?

You can take bottom of  S3 and drill   into 8 extra holes. Bottom  is not necessary for working the S3

Thanks for posting this, it answers what I had in mind and want to do.

Tupsu, you stated that water blocks need to be attached to the bottom plate that you drilled 4 holes in, but is this really necessary?  Isn't the 4 screws on the front frame (behind where the fan is attached) enough to support it?  The back would be supported by the tube connecting the two water blocks together.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:34:19 PM

Tupsu, you stated that water blocks need to be attached to the bottom plate that you drilled holes in, but is this really necessary?  Isn't the 4 screws on the front frame (behind where the fan is attached) enough to support it?  The back would be supported by the tube connecting the two water blocks together.

I have built water blocks  in C1 housing .  There are four mounting holes on the bottom for water blocks and four mounting holes in front and rear. Screws are very short, so I used  all the screw holes.

Because  Syscooling   has not yet been posted my S5 Modified Kit , I made today  another  C1 double housing for my ordered 3 x S5.

S3 housing construction with 2 water blocks  is one possibility, but I prefer the C1 case  and even better S5 Modified Kit from Syscooling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: