Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW MINING CLASS] MSCoins - POW coins withing Nxt's POS ecosystem  (Read 9521 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ziploc

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:40:31 AM

the amount of 0 means 0 nxt in that transaction because no one is getting any nxt and the 1 is the fees required per mint. red is the fees going out.

if you look closely in the transaction details by clicking on the transaction id, you can find the amount of minted coins in the raw data section.

eg https://nxtblocks.info/#section/txid/1045945306017018459
Raw data
Attachment   {"counter":"2","currency":"5775213290661997199","nonce":"-9028463701948602883","units":"100000","version.CurrencyMinting":1}

that is 10coins minted.

you need to find your minted coins under monetary system tab. click my currencies tab on top right and you can see how much you have.

you are minting monetary system currency. you are not minting any more nxt from this.
you may sell your mscoins for nxt in the exchange booth in the client.

Thx again.....how do I find EGOLD.....I found it under my currencies tab

Thanbk You again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daedelus (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:41:42 AM

EGOLD [ANN] - https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/(ann)-egold-1st-mintable-keccak25-coin-zero-premint/
Enzyme

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:18:10 AM

I've asked this before on another thread, but, what's the most profitable/fastest to mine coin and its units setting?
Basically, I just want to know what you're mining technique since I find it easier to mine Magi.
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:42:54 AM

well i dont know if this is a profitable coin to mine with gpu as we know it takes 80 centsper day to mine with a gpu and if we dont make a t least 30 dollars mining i dont knwo im going to inspect the values give futhrter notices ok?

Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:46:17 AM

I've asked this before on another thread, but, what's the most profitable/fastest to mine coin and its units setting?
Basically, I just want to know what you're mining technique since I find it easier to mine Magi.

I think someone answered you on the other thread, a good GPU and EGOLD as it has a lot of volume right now.
Enzyme

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:08:42 PM

I think someone answered you on the other thread, a good GPU and EGOLD as it has a lot of volume right now.
I've tried that, I really don't know how that other guy makes $26 dollars a day though.

What's your units setting set to? I think the difficulty is raising a lot.
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:41:48 PM

I don't mint regularly, I have only trialled it.

The account who was making $26/day was minting 300 EGOLD (I think it was) about every 15min. We can't know what equipment he/she is using.
Enzyme

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:58:52 PM

The account who was making $26/day was minting 300 EGOLD (I think it was) about every 15min. We can't know what equipment he/she is using.
It's not very profitable anymore, well it is, but only for small amounts if you have a regular PC.

Give XMG a try, Wolf0 recently released a really fast kernal and you can get a decent amount of coins with it.
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:52:39 PM

That is RIGHT! He/she is having a really big mining equipment and could mine same or more on other coins as well.

I managed to make it mint EGOLD, but with everything less than units=20 is pure loss.
Every transaction eats 1 nxt from account, leaving it default at 1, you will be loosing 20x more than you earning.

Interesting concept, but no real profit in it.

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:01:38 PM

That is RIGHT! He/she is having a really big mining equipment and could mine same or more on other coins as well.

I managed to make it mint EGOLD, but with everything less than units=20 is pure loss.
Every transaction eats 1 nxt from account, leaving it default at 1, you will be loosing 20x more than you earning.

Out of interest, how long does it take for you to mine 300 EGOLD?

In the other thread I mentioned there is a balance to be struck between how much and how frequently you mint. Getting the most you can in the shortest time (setting 'units' low or at the minimum) isn't a good strategy. And the right 'units' setting would be different for each person depending on your settings.

EGOLD is just one of at least a dozen coins that are being minted now, it might be true that it isn't as profitable as it has become so popular. ELEMS is the other I know if but that might be in the same boat now. I think I will play around with the minter a little more...
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:20:13 PM

In the other thread I mentioned there is a balance to be struck between how much and how frequently you mint. Getting the most you can in the shortest time (setting 'units' low or at the minimum) isn't a good strategy. And the right 'units' setting would be different for each person depending on your settings.

EGOLD is just one of at least a dozen coins that are being minted now, it might be true that it isn't as profitable as it has become so popular. ELEMS is the other I know if but that might be in the same boat now. I think I will play around with the minter a little more...

For 300 EGOLD like, little less than a day, with 3 x 7950 and i5 3570 cpu combined power.

Problem with other MS currencies is that there is no big demand for buying them, so you may end up with tons of something you will burn in future. All process of setting up and experimenting with parameters is a bit PITA, but doable. Don't know, interesting but really is it good for big scale miners, could not say so. Also needs a small amount of NXT to set up this minting thing, but it is not too important.

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:24:15 PM

Ok, I will have a play later.

You can also 'mine Nxt'* at hashrate.org to pay the fees.

*the pool mines the most profitable POW coins then converts them on an exchange and pays out in NXT.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:10:47 PM

For 300 EGOLD like, little less than a day, with 3 x 7950 and i5 3570 cpu combined power.

Problem with other MS currencies is that there is no big demand for buying them, so you may end up with tons of something you will burn in future. All process of setting up and experimenting with parameters is a bit PITA, but doable. Don't know, interesting but really is it good for big scale miners, could not say so. Also needs a small amount of NXT to set up this minting thing, but it is not too important.

I've been mining for 9 hours, and I've mined 1350 (9 times 150) EGOLD with a single 7970 (overclocked) @ 155 MH.

=P
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:07:56 PM

I just did a bit of quick research on Nxt Monetary System (MS). There are currently just under 1680 MScoins created  Shocked

Of course, not all are mintable (this is only one use case of MS). I have made a list of all the minatable coins, the oldest first. There are 42:

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

The BOLDED ones have [ANN] threads in https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153 so I would start there, if you are looking for a new coin.
julian071

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:45:25 PM

I just did a bit of quick research on Nxt Monetary System (MS). There are currently just under 1680 MScoins created  Shocked

Of course, not all are mintable (this is only one use case of MS). I have made a list of all the minatable coins, the oldest first. There are 42:

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

The BOLDED ones have [ANN] threads in https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153 so I would start there, if you are looking for a new coin.

Thank you!

=P
Enzyme

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:14:03 AM

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

I would be minting these if it wasn't for Cryptsy stealing my NXT...
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:01:39 AM

What happened? Ive heard cryptsy taking ~100 days to complete a withdrawal but not stealing them. Did you raise a ticket?
julian071

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:08:23 AM

I had a problem recently with NXT not coming through and being subtracted from my Cryptsy wallet. After submitting a ticket they fixed it by returning the NXT to my Cryptsy wallet. It took them 7 days to do it tho. I just waited patiently.

The problem was I was using a new adress and forgot to enter the public key...

Where other exchanges will cancel malformed NXT transfers automatically, Cryptsy does not, resulting in you having to wait a while for them to fix it automatically.

=P
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:22:32 AM

I had a problem recently with NXT not coming through and being subtracted from my Cryptsy wallet. After submitting a ticket they fixed it by returning the NXT to my Cryptsy wallet. It took them 7 days to do it tho. I just waited patiently.

Where other exchanges will cancel malformed NXT transfers automatically, Cryptsy does not, resulting in you having to wait a while for them to fix it automatically.

Now the requirement to enter the public key is optional, so we shouldn't see this anymore (Bittrex had a similar problem relating to public keys that now won't occur)
julian071

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:40:01 PM

Now the requirement to enter the public key is optional, so we shouldn't see this anymore (Bittrex had a similar problem relating to public keys that now won't occur)

That's a very welcome change, thank you very much!

=P
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: