Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:11:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW MINING CLASS] MSCoins - POW coins withing Nxt's POS ecosystem  (Read 9521 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
muhrohmat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:07:37 AM

well i used to mine with my HD 7850 gpu and after september 2014 the scrypt stoped beeing profitable im not sure if the x11 x13 are the same but i know if i have 5,4TB in burst coin mining i dont use 30% of watts and get like 200.000 satoshis per day only with 150 watts per hour witch means i like do 30 to 40 cents per day profit

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:57:09 PM

OK, but if it is not fulfilled, should the offer not be listed in the Exchange booth?

Booth doesn't have a order book. If it wasn't fulfilled at the time then you should still have the EGOLD.

But there is an order book - right there in the exchange booth. My order is just not there. There are several orders, lower and higher then mine.

Still, it's probably me... But I really think I lost 750 EGOLD.

See the official MS documentation "Buyers and sellers can issue exchange requests to match published exchange offers. Unlike asset bid/ask orders, exchange requests are not saved, they are either executed immediately (fully or partially) or not executed at all." So if it doesn't match a published order, it will remain unexecuted.

To 'cancel' the order you currently have:

"you should make a new exchange offer and set it so it expires really quick then you will have all your balance back in your account."

The address you mentioned is mine indeed.

Thanks very much! I don't really understand the procedure for cancelling the order; the EGOLD is no longer available to be offered... But please, forget it. I thought there'd be something easy like an oversight of me. If I feel like it I'll try and recreate the situation and see if I really found a bug or that I'm just being stupid.

=P
Daedelus (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:05:00 PM

Ok. As I said, there is a learning curve  Grin I am still learning, the whole concept is only 3 weeks old.

With buying/selling MSCoins, you first decide if you want to be a marketmaker or ordinary buyer/seller. You are the second.

Only those who are marketmakers can put up orders that are visible, as you can in a traditional exchange (which Enzyme/Tempest has just gone through for his/her uranium MSCoin). The difference is, Marketmakers have to display a buy and a sell price.

If you are a ordinary buyer/seller, you have to sell/buy into the marketmakers orders that are visible otherwise they won't get filled ("executed immediately... or not at all"). You only have to put up either buy or sell, not both (unlike the marketmakers). Your MSCoins will become available again, once the order expires or you submit another that replaces it with a very short expiry time.

Marketmakers are important as they don't rely on making money by trying to buy at the bottom and sell at the top (this is what everyone else is doing). They just make the spread between their buy and sell orders in step with whatever the price does (at least good market makers do  Grin) . This "makes a market" as there should be some buy and sell orders no matter what the price is doing. Rather than no buyers at all time highs and no sellers at all time lows.

Most MSCoins would be certainly doomed without this (most MSCoins are likely to 'fail', if becoming the mainstream currency of the world). But it doesn't mean lessons won't be learned.

If you want to look into it further, there is the official documentation from the Core Dev available:
https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/ms-official-documentation. The wiki is a good place to start.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:54:22 PM

Ok. As I said, there is a learning curve  Grin I am still learning, the whole concept is only 3 weeks old.

With buying/selling MSCoins, you first decide if you want to be a marketmaker or ordinary buyer/seller. You are the second.

Only those who are marketmakers can put up orders that are visible, as you can in a traditional exchange (which Enzyme/Tempest has just gone through for his/her uranium MSCoin). The difference is, Marketmakers have to display a buy and a sell price.

If you are a ordinary buyer/seller, you have to sell/buy into the marketmakers orders that are visible otherwise they won't get filled ("executed immediately... or not at all"). You only have to put up either buy or sell, not both (unlike the marketmakers). Your MSCoins will become available again, once the order expires or you submit another that replaces it with a very short expiry time.

Marketmakers are important as they don't rely on making money by trying to buy at the bottom and sell at the top (this is what everyone else is doing). They just make the spread between their buy and sell orders in step with whatever the price does (at least good market makers do  Grin) . This "makes a market" as there should be some buy and sell orders no matter what the price is doing. Rather than no buyers at all time highs and no sellers at all time lows.

Most MSCoins would be certainly doomed without this (most MSCoins are likely to 'fail', if becoming the mainstream currency of the world). But it doesn't mean lessons won't be learned.

If you want to look into it further, there is the official documentation from the Core Dev available:
https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/ms-official-documentation. The wiki is a good place to start.

Ok I tried to put an EGOLD buy order the wrong way by putting an exchange request. I see that my buy order isn't on the order book, so not visible to seller. How to cancel that? Tried publish an exchange offer with a really fast expiration, but it didn't clear my exchange request and my NXT are stuck?
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:31:55 PM

TORUM thread is hot atm, esp popular with Wolf0  Cheesy

https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/(ann)-torum-sha3-easy-minting/

There is talk of him funding a giveaway too, very generous
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:40:34 AM

Any of these coins out there still worth mining?

My NXT is stuck because the block chain doesn't download properly

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:55:13 PM

You can download the blockchain from peerexplorer.com.

Just delete the nxt_db folder you have and copy in the downloaded folder.
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:22:09 PM

Did you get this solved?
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:04:30 AM

Seems to be the latest one to pop up, best settings instructions included  Cheesy

TIP on minting TORUM SHA3, for those Billionaire Minters, who almost cracked the 100 Billion border:
If you have the hashing power available. The limit is 1'509'000'000 ᚦ per mint at the most.

This means a difficulty of 3'018'000'000, until half of all TORUM are minted.
After that difficulty will rise to 7'036'000'000 if you go for the maximum TORUM to mint.

NXTmint Java Minter works great on high end GPU's, it seams. But to get those amounts of TORUM you'll probably need one or more GPU's blasting at least 150MHps... (Yep, that is a wild guess.)

Minting 1'509'000'000 ᚦ at a time is the maximum set by the NXT Monetary System, being 1/10'000st of the total amount of TORUM to be released.

There is one minter who is about to top the 100 Billion TORUM!
It is almost like in Highlander...  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: