Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: williamj2543 is running a Ponzi via his alt  (Read 1773 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:08:13 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 10:22:44 PM by Quickseller

User williamj2543 is an alt of kerimk2 who is running a ponzi that recently scammed.

His ponzi thread is here. I don't see any signs of investors complaining yet, however according to williamj2543, this site is linked to others as well. According to his thread in meta, nextponzi.com and bitcoinponzi.io are run by the same person (links are to the thread in the gambling section).

According to the nextponzi.com thread (and williamj's OP in meta) they have scammed - to the point of over 13 BTC.

According to this post williamj's address is 16MtvTUvqwwKwV87nayxPLHTJJZNGPa9qw however according to this post user kerimk2 used that address for a signature campaign in August 2014. He used this same address a 2nd time in this post when he enrolled in another signature campaign in September 2014.

The first time he used it he said that he owed his friend money, however the 2nd time he did not make such claim.

EDIT:I would like to add that around the time I was added to Default Trust list that I was contacted by william via Skype and was asked if I wanted to buy a dice script. I obviously declined, however I suspect that it contained malware

EDIT2:
Applying
Address (in my sig as well): 16MtvTUvqwwKwV87nayxPLHTJJZNGPa9qw
Ok. I'd like to switch my address to 16MtvTUvqwwKwV87nayxPLHTJJZNGPa9qw. I owe him some money so I'd like my earnings to go to that address instead.
Thanks!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 10:15:24 PM

Im making a post explaining myself. Please wait about 20 minutes

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:46:01 PM

Im making a post explaining myself. Please wait about 20 minutes

First return the 13 BTC you have stolen. Angry
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:00:59 PM

In my opinion unless the OP took more fee then he said on his website (generally 4-5%) then he didn't scam anyone. Ponzis make it clear that following deposits pay the first deposits so thus when the timer runs out, the people who didn't get paid lose the gamble. There is no guarantee that you won't lose money and they make it very clear about this generally.

Labeling him a ponzi operator is one thing but calling them a scammer is something a little extreme in my opinion.

And no, I don't participate in or run any ponzis so don't say I'm a shill or whatever.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 11:02:46 PM

My explanation of this issue is here.
Please read it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930008.new#new

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 09:03:49 AM

Id like to quote the following here for reference and create a little summary for myself. I hope this is not a problem.

this seems to be going good and safe. thank you. keep re-investing.
There is no point to reinvest as one time you will be depositing at a late stage and won't receive a payout for your deposits.
New round started! Looks like no one has invested yet, I have money coming out of an exchange and will invest when I get that.

this seems to be going good and safe. thank you. keep re-investing.
There is no point to reinvest as one time you will be depositing at a late stage and won't receive a payout for your deposits.
New round started! Looks like no one has invested yet, I have money coming out of an exchange and will invest when I get that.

There are 9 deposits with a total of 0.9 btc now, but all of those 9 addresses belong to the same person (all the bitcoin were originated from the same address). I wonder why he trusts the ponzi so much.

Looks like williamj2543 tried to resurrect the dead horse.

I also want to quote parts of their own post[1]:
-snip-
Moreia sent me an email the next day asking if we wanted to partner up (skype message here: http://gyazo.com/e79cb94eacbcda9611ae3284f790c055) on something like this!
I never scammed anyone before (and I never planned on it) because I spent SO many hours on this account and work. I built my reputation up and I figured running a large trustworthy site would make me even more trustworthy, earning me profits in the ponzi fees and from my dice scripts.
I agreed, this would be a lot of fun, and now I have a partner who is great at selling things (he has a bunch of alts and people he knows that could pump this up).
-snip-
We made fake accounts to avoid getting our accounts trashed which all the ponzi accounts did.
-snip-
He sent the 13 btc to here https://blockchain.info/address/1EJFxW8DV9m5gUnN84z1KPMrDeCYAVAhoW
-snip-
He used shared sent to get his bitcoins away from that address (if anyone can trace it or something that would be great, but that probably wouldn't help us resolved it).
Messaged him a couple more times on skype before he blocked me and then I got EXTREMELY mad. I had some investors lose 13 btc, more than a thousand dollars worth of btc to this guy.
-snip-
I wanted to distance myself from this, since I was not the one who stole the money, and am not responsible for that money.
-snip-
I messaged quickseller, shorena, and redsn0w about running an honest ponzi, and proving that I was legit (instead of instantly neg bombing me).
And then due to quicksellers excellent detective skills, saw how kerimk2 posted a while ago how he wanted to change the payout address to mine, and then I knew I was found out. People know that the 3 sites were connected, and now they knew I was a part of them. No sense in defending myself, and the only way to recover that 13 btc is to come out honestly and explain my situation.
-snip-
My solution to this, is continuing to run ponzi sites, under this account, and giving FTP access to a reputable escrow (redsn0w is sort of involved in this, I sent him a PM about the legitimacy of running an escrow) who would be there to verify my scripts, maybe giving him the email access to the blockchain wallet, maybe fully restricting me from touching the wallet or the files).
And the fees being linked to an address held by redsn0w. We would pay out all 13 btc over time (starting from the bottom), and hopefully resolve this situation.
-snip-
I am deeply sorry in partnering, lesson learned the only one you can trust is yourself.
If anyone has any questions about this post, or wants further proof (email thread of partnership, full skype log), please post here.
I reach out to the escrows, whoever wants to help me with recovering this 13 btc.

Looks like you just doxed moreia, or should I say flickedswitch. Lots of info out there linked to that Skype handle. It's definitely moreia.

Evidence is NO WHERE NEAR enough to remove neg feedback, it shall remain  Smiley
Of course, do as you wish, when the 13 btc is paid back you can all remove it.
-snip-

Will do.

tl;dr

williamj2543[2] with alt: kerimk2[3] and
Moreia[4] with alts: Spodermen[5], TheGambler[6], moreia_alt[7]

ran with 13 BTC from participants in a ponzi game. Williamj2543 have promissed to return the funds and thus have a chance to get their negative rating removed.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930008.0
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=191301
[3] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=359682
[4] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=147832
[5] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=366423
[6] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=152722
[7] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=406258

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:10:09 AM

Oh well.. I invested in some of the ponzi you said was ran by williamj2543. Phew, lucky I earned some back. Gotta be careful with new ponzi now. Not gonna trust williamj2543 until he is able to explain for himself.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:15:27 PM

why are you visiting HYIP websites if you are not interested to play ? Smiley Do you think the people who are playing in them do not know the risk? Smiley
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:21:01 PM

why are you visiting HYIP websites if you are not interested to play ? Smiley Do you think the people who are playing in them do not know the risk? Smiley
These sites are misleading people and are stealing players' money.

I don't know if they know the risk however that doesn't change the fact that they are scamming.

I was looking into it because Williamj was asking me to endorse the ponzis
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:40:52 PM

I don't know if they know the risk however that doesn't change the fact that they are scamming.

many of these "people/players" know what they are doing but they want to appear innocents Smiley    Of course 99% know the risk !
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:43:46 PM

many of these "people/players" know what they are doing but they want to appear innocents Smiley    Of course 99% know the risk !
scamming is still scamming. He admitted to scamming after he was caught.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:19:04 PM

Agree. I know the risk. However, because of the profit.. I invested in it. I am sure, most of the investors know the risk too.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:46:21 PM

Agree. I know the risk. However, because of the profit.. I invested in it. I am sure, most of the investors know the risk too.

of course, they all the know the risks... the "investors" are not so innocent Smiley
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:34:53 PM

sorry I know its too old post but what you will say about earntomorrow.com everybody know that paying 10% perday is impossible but then also peoples are burning their money their even I have also deposited a little money there and getting a small payment everyday....I wont care that peoples know the risk or not but I am thinking why peoples investing their money to a scammer's bank....that's really not makes any scence
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:39:06 PM

why don't you lend money to the users and get intrest.here on bitcoin talk you will get collatrals too...or just invest in any project...there are bunch of things here on this community just a lower than the ponzies but it is stable and much secure investing here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: