Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:02:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: return of the dead cat  (Read 1616 times)
Assad

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:40:46 AM

Reporting on an isolated 6 month change is the same bullshit.

The Bitcoin price on January 1st 2013 was $13.

The Bitcoin price on January 1st 2015 was $315.

2 year is +2323%

Given the clear overall trend. It would give a false impression that Bitcoin was on the downswing.

Most people sold too early or only knew BTC around the end of 2013 or got scammed by GOX or others.

That's why they feel the world is falling and we are going nowhere but down
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:47:54 AM

Better advice: Place your Bitstamp bids at USD$122.00.

Why $122.00?

Because of the invisible lines and supports. There's a group of weird preachers here who think that if a price moves 1$ above or below a certain price hell will break loose and we'll have another panic. All these people who bought now will immediately sell below 200 making us go down to 120 or something... yeah, right Cheesy
The question is: if I didn't sell for $150 and again when it went back above $200, why would I sell when it hits $150 again?

Well, I like to ridicule TA all the time but it has shown its validity several times here already. Maybe humans don't react like that at first sight, but trading bots for example do. In that case, a drop of 1 dollar below a crucial level can have dramatic consequences.

This still doesn't answer why would we go lower than previously. If you like reading charts take a look at stamp March -July 2014.
We had a big fall from 640 to a low of 335 followed by a bounce to 539 and another fall back to 417, but the price never went lower. It went up again, this time passing the bounce high up to 680. The same thing can happen now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:33:33 AM

forget about TA, it only gives you estimate and works sometimes because it allows you to gauge speculative behavior... we are going lower for very simple reasons:
- MtGOX fake pump that overvalued bitcoin many times over and has undermined trust in bitcoin
- Dot com bubble kind of situation where more investors have finally understood that they've overpaid for something that hasn't delivered to their expectations
- Novelty is wearing off, too many promises but less deliverables
- Bitcoin got abused by speculators turning it into more trading profit machine rather than nurturing its ecosystem
- Investors turning to technologically far better cryptocoins that don't need to feed greedy ASIC manufacturers and large mining operations
- Ample supply of coins and no real demand
- Regulations and more regulations

bitcoin arena is now a crowd of bagholders who are just waiting to offload their bags to the next joe... but it won't happen because speculators are even smarter than that crowd...

Better advice: Place your Bitstamp bids at USD$122.00.

Why $122.00?

Because of the invisible lines and supports. There's a group of weird preachers here who think that if a price moves 1$ above or below a certain price hell will break loose and we'll have another panic. All these people who bought now will immediately sell below 200 making us go down to 120 or something... yeah, right Cheesy
The question is: if I didn't sell for $150 and again when it went back above $200, why would I sell when it hits $150 again?

Well, I like to ridicule TA all the time but it has shown its validity several times here already. Maybe humans don't react like that at first sight, but trading bots for example do. In that case, a drop of 1 dollar below a crucial level can have dramatic consequences.

This still doesn't answer why would we go lower than previously. If you like reading charts take a look at stamp March -July 2014.
We had a big fall from 640 to a low of 335 followed by a bounce to 539 and another fall back to 417, but the price never went lower. It went up again, this time passing the bounce high up to 680. The same thing can happen now.
VPoro

Activity: 201

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:06:48 AM

2 year is +2323%

Given the clear overall trend. It would give a false impression that Bitcoin was on the downswing.

Also selecting an arbitrary 2 year span gives a false impression. Taking another example:

The Bitcoin price on January 6th 2014 was $1012.

The Bitcoin price on January 6th 2015 was $273.

Last 1 year is -73%

Also giving a very clear trend. Most people on these forums have arrived at the height of the bubble, and that's the reality for them. I don't think it's a 'false impression' that Bitcoin is on a downswing if it has been on a downward spiral for a year now :p The down trend after the 2013 bubble lasted for 3 months (April - July 2013), so we've outrun that by 9 months now and there seems to be no end in sight...

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:13:06 AM

2 year is +2323%

Also selecting an arbitrary 2 year span gives a false impression. Taking another example:

The Bitcoin price on January 6th 2014 was $1012.

The Bitcoin price on January 6th 2015 was $273.

Last 1 year is -73%

Also giving a very clear trend. Most people on these forums have arrived at the height of the bubble, and that's the reality for them. I don't think it's a 'false impression' that Bitcoin is on a downswing if it has been on a downward spiral for a year now :p The down trend after the 2013 bubble lasted for 3 months (April - July 2013), so we've outrun that by 9 months now and there seems to be no end in sight...

I arrived at the height of the bubble and I was wrong each time I thought the bear market was over. How much longer could the down trend last if its not finally over?
Dilemma

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:17:24 AM

i wish we can see 122 dolar
i will buy a huge amount bitcoin if i can..

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:18:17 AM

No content, no TA, no thinking or clue, not even a funny picture. Sad. I'm warned but I'm sad.

Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:23:19 AM

No content, no TA, no thinking or clue, not even a funny picture. Sad. I'm warned but I'm sad.

Thanks!
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:01:11 PM

Sadly, I kinda agree; this looks like a "dead cat" bounce.

Oh well, I bought at 175, and sold enough to cover cost +10% (as a hedge) at 215. I've just stored the remaining coins leftover from the transaction.

If price goes up from here, yay. If not, at least I got myself covered...

I honestly think after failing to hit a breakout in December, it's gonna be a bear market for a while longer.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: