Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:16:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS threatens to kill 2 Japanese hostages unless Tokyo pays $200 million  (Read 2318 times)
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:01:42 AM

(CNN)Two Japanese hostages, one demand from ISIS: Hand over $200 million, or else.

The else being that the pair will meet the same gruesome fate as other captives held by the terrorist group, others who were shown in ISIS videos kneeling in orange jumpsuits in front of masked, black-clad men -- just like the Japanese hostages identified as Kenji Goto Jogo and Haruna Yukawa -- shortly before being beheaded.

In the latest video, a masked man gives the Japanese government a choice to pay $200 million -- the same amount of money Prime Minister Shinzo Abe recently pledged for those "contending" with ISIS -- to free the Japanese men. That deal holds for 72 hours, which would seem to mean sometime Friday, since the video appeared on social media Tuesday.

Another move that theoretically could change things would be if Japan's government halts its alliance with those fighting ISIS, which calls itself the Islamic State. Tokyo hasn't participated in airstrikes aimed at the Islamist extremist group, though its leaders have supported those who have, as well as the Iraqi government.

"Although you are more than 8,500 kilometers away from the Islamic State, you willingly volunteered to take part in this crusade," the masked man on the video posted Tuesday says, addressing his comments to Abe.

But Abe, who is visiting the Middle East, didn't seem about to bargain Tuesday.

He stood by a pledge, made in a speech at the weekend in Cairo, for funding to help build "human capacities, infrastructure and so on" for those affected by ISIS' armed campaign.

"The pledge aid is very important to the refugees in need and has nothing to do with the Islamic communities or the radical militants," the Prime Minister said. "... We will contribute to the (region's) peace and stability, in cooperation with the global community."

As to the ISIS threat against two of his nation's citizens, Abe called it "unacceptable."

"I feel angry about it," he said. "I strongly urge them to immediately release the hostages without harming them."

Cont: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/20/middleeast/isis-japan-hostages/
_
Since it's Japan we are talking about I wonder what they will do here, technically their is a strong will in their constitution to self-defense only after the Second World War as demanded by the Allied powers, so what they do by Friday will be interesting.
_

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 07:08:13 AM

I doubt they'll do anything at all, for all their talk about being tough on terrorism and fighting it, governments actually do very little to help their citizens in these cases, if you ever find yourself about to be taken hostage it would be better to not let yourself get taken alive, at least that's how I'd feel about it, just because once you get taken hostage that's pretty much it, no one will help you in that scenario.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:19:29 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 09:32:00 AM by Snail2

200 million for two japs? Wow! Where can I catch some? I'd give some bargain prices, as low as 20 million each. That's 80% off! Smiley.
BTW how ransom payments are taxable in the UK? Is it goes under the income tax, or maybe CGT? Smiley.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:57:06 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 11:34:37 AM by Aggressor66

These Muslims need to be careful about taking on the Japanese.
When it comes to hacking off heads, the Japanese are experts.
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:05:24 AM

By taking People as commodities, they deny the opportunity for those People to convert to Islam according to their Free Will, that explains my Strikethrough, but to come back to your comments:

I think they, who are going to die, have no idea...

money is faster...
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 02:13:14 PM

When it comes to hacking off heads, the Japanese are experts.

This should not be just the problem for Japanese, the whole world needs to combine their powers and resources to get rid of these terrorists, otherwise they'll keep doing this. And tomorrow it would be someone from another country.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:41:14 PM

I doubt they'll do anything at all, for all their talk about being tough on terrorism and fighting it, governments actually do very little to help their citizens in these cases, if you ever find yourself about to be taken hostage it would be better to not let yourself get taken alive, at least that's how I'd feel about it, just because once you get taken hostage that's pretty much it, no one will help you in that scenario.
Its a problematic situation. If you don't save them, well, they die.. so its bad. But if you save them, you give a loads of money to the enemy, which also basically gives them a moral victory as well, plus you risk that they kill them anyway.
As far as I know not a single citizen has been saved yet from all of these beheadings commited by that idiot.
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:24:36 PM

if they pay 200M in bitcoin would be great    Cool Cool Cool
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:19:57 AM

I would like to know how isis plans to receive that money without the japs giving them more than they bargained for.

Rishblitz

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:21:10 AM

so much for jap honour a few generations ago these guys would have committed suicide rather than disgrace their country

that was in warfare though. I agree that they were very honor bound but I don't think they would have done that in this scenario.

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:30:09 AM

so much for jap honour a few generations ago these guys would have committed suicide rather than disgrace their country
How the f'ck do you commit suicide when you are kept and watched upon 24 7? you stop breathing?
This isnt samurai times anymore, these people are normal fellas.
Rishblitz

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:37:24 AM

How the f'ck do you commit suicide when you are kept and watched upon 24 7? you stop breathing?
This isnt samurai times anymore, these people are normal fellas.

cyanide pill? maybe

rosh

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:30:01 AM

They seem to have been executed.  Embarrassed
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/24/japan-attempts-verify-isis-hostage-beheading-video-yukawa
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:09:32 PM

I think there is still one of the two guys alive, did they really kill both now? Damn these fucking bastards need to get nuked so badly.
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:28:52 PM

Thanks was going to update on this as well
It's an interesting argument for Japanese politics, one to get out of international actions not related to self defense, or two to get aggressive on ISIS and other parties.
Apparently his backstory wasn't the most convincing one for option 1 but we will see.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:37:17 PM

Its a problematic situation. If you don't save them, well, they die.. so its bad. But if you save them, you give a loads of money to the enemy, which also basically gives them a moral victory as well, plus you risk that they kill them anyway.
As far as I know not a single citizen has been saved yet from all of these beheadings commited by that idiot.

Give them the money in cash , free the hostages, and then ten minutes later hit them with a cruise missile which will also destroy the cash

Simple is the best solution sometimes....
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:39:59 PM

I think there is still one of the two guys alive, did they really kill both now? Damn these fucking bastards need to get nuked so badly.

Nuclear weapons destroy the environment for future generations  , conventional missiles will work just  fine....

shluher

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin > Dollar

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 05:46:01 AM

200kk US dollars? Wow. That would be 1kk btc. I would lovely sell some japs for 1.000.000 btc =)
Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:53:47 AM

The Japanese should reply, like any other country should that has hostages taken by isis, if you harm any of our ppl, we will send dozens of fighter jets and thousand of troops into your area and fight against you. That should be done.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:57:45 AM

The Japanese should reply, like any other country should that has hostages taken by isis, if you harm any of our ppl, we will send dozens of fighter jets and thousand of troops into your area and fight against you. That should be done.

Yep, that would be the ideal case, unfortunately I haven't seen any country sending thousands of troops after ISIS killed their citizens.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: