Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you vaccinated?
Yes, i'm 100% uptodate
Yes, but i dont go for the flue shoot every year
No

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you vaccinated?  (Read 3506 times)
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:55:23 AM

I am truly not on either side. As for myself, I guess it never dawned on me to get vaccinated ever since I passed 19 years of age, I believe it was a school thing. I've run across one severe case where I have sweated it out for days, this was a couple years after HS. Ever since, like I said, it never dawned on me to get vaccinated, I haven't ran across any flu's yet. I get a cold & sore throat once in a while in winter, by a day, it's gone, but that's about it. If I get it again, like that case I stated above, I'll let my body handle it. I think for some reason, my immune system is in far more greater shape than a normal person immune system for some reason, is that even possible?

I wasn't stupid to not get vaccinated, it never dawned on me, and well, ever since, I've been doing fine. My family members run into a lot of people that has not been vaccinated, but my family has been vaccinated, but if I heard correctly, the bug can still travel on a vaccinated person and pass on to one that hasn't been vaccinated [example, myself.] I've been fine. But in coming years, as I get older and my immune system disintegrates, I will probably take it into consideration.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 12:58:53 AM

If were going to bring personal info into it, back in the day when i was a youngen, i would get my yearly flu shot, and still get the flu. The year i decided to tell the doctor to screw off, i have yet to have a flu since then. (13 years and counting)

If you want to see the dark side of vaccines, youd need to take a trip to a third world country like Africa. I have a couple friends over there doing missionary/medical work with the locals for some college program, and it seems every time a UN vaccine squad comes through a village, sterility & paralysis follows...

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 01:10:00 AM

Thats another bullshit excuse i see from people trying to force it on others... "If you dont get your kid vaccinated, your going to infect mine!!!"... Hey dummy, if your kid got the vaccine, isnt he supposed to be protected anyway?

Because not all children can be vaccinated: some (such as those with immune disorders) are actually allergic to some or all vaccines, and rely on the immunity of those around them to avoid being infected. And by "allergic" I don't mean some quack saying the vaccines are evil, I mean the very doctors who are supposedly being payed by the pharmaceutical companies will refuse to administer the vaccine, presumably because the cost of lost sales commissions is less than the cost of malpractice suits from dead children's parents.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 01:16:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru3tOVzgQ5Y&feature=related

Because the almighty says it, it must be true......

Before i kick somebody in the mouth, im going to tell them only the coolest richest most badass doodz like getting kicked in the mouth....

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 01:46:48 AM

Before i kick somebody in the mouth, im going to tell them only the coolest richest most badass doodz like getting kicked in the mouth....

Well, at least it's good to know that nuts won't decieve me. They're preserved with salt, not lies. Wait a minute... salt is sodium chloride! That contains chlorine! Chlorine is bad for you! I'd better put on a gas mask... *attempts to eat nuts by mashing them against gas mask filter* Dammit, this isn't working! What am I doing wrong?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 01:53:44 AM

Well, at least it's good to know that nuts won't decieve me. They're preserved with salt, not lies. Wait a minute... salt is sodium chloride! That contains chlorine! Chlorine is bad for you! I'd better put on a gas mask... *attempts to eat nuts by mashing them against gas mask filter* Dammit, this isn't working! What am I doing wrong?

what they said mercury is good for mental performance!
lol wow, UN-Fucking-believable

Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 01:57:16 AM

Flu disclosure: I haven't read a single word of this thread, but know damn will it's a hate thread directed toward me. If I find out that that's the case, I will not hesitate to report this thread to the mods and have it taken down. There is no place in this world, especially on this forum, for alpacaphobes.

Are you vaccinated? Yeez! What next? Starting an alpaca watch organization because shit has been turning up missing, and the mistaken deer hoof prints look like they were left my an alpaca?

~Al the Alpaca~

Edit: Gulp! I guess not everything is about me. I would have sworn this was about getting rabies shots. I now feel so sick to my stomach for penning the above.

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 02:02:16 AM

Flu disclosure: I haven't read a single word of this thread, but know damn will it's a hate thread directed toward me. If I find out that that's the case, I will not hesitate to report this thread to the mods and have it taken down. There is no place in this world, especially on this forum, for alpacaphobes.

Are you vaccinated? Yeez! What next? Starting an alpaca watch organization because shit has been turning up missing, and the mistaken deer hoof prints look like they were left my an alpaca?

~Al the Alpaca~

i have debated the vaccination issue over and over
and every time my wife ends up throwing something at me!

this thread is not directed toward you....

Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 02:08:55 AM

~Al the Alpaca~

i have debated the vaccination issue over and over
and every time my wife ends up throwing something at me!

this thread is not directed toward you....

I see that now, hence the edit you so conveniently forgot to quote. (Oops! This ain't the insult thread. My apologies.)

~Al the Alpaca~

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:11:39 AM

Better be careful about water too. I saw a local water quality report the other day that said there were levels of dihydrogen monoxide that would make your eyes pop. That shit can kill you!

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 06:41:55 AM

Better be careful about water too. I saw a local water quality report the other day that said there were levels of dihydrogen monoxide that would make your eyes pop. That shit can kill you!

I hear that levels of DHMO in the water supply are in the 90%+ range now
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 08:06:19 AM

I hear that levels of DHMO in the water supply are in the 90%+ range now

DHMO really deserves a whole new thread. That stuff kills a lot of people.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
TwinTurbo

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 08:07:14 AM

Thats another bullshit excuse i see from people trying to force it on others... "If you dont get your kid vaccinated, your going to infect mine!!!"... Hey dummy, if your kid got the vaccine, isnt he supposed to be protected anyway?

If somebody responds to this, please give me a legit straight answer, not some cookie cutter bullshit you heard on from some Dr Drew Dipshit; which also recieved a $25000 check to help push a drug on his show from who else but big pharma.

A very legitimate point. I don't personally believe in forcing anyone to do anything. It is your life to live however you see fit, so long as you are not forcing, harming, or deceiving others in the process.

Personally, if you want to remove yourself from risk, don't do it by forcing everyone else to get vaccinated. Pack your bags and head for rural Montana. Are you afraid of car accidents? Stay off the freeway. Part of freedom is the freedom to take risks.

Now, for the vaccine-faithful, you better open your eyes to some harsh realities. Those people pushing vaccines are not just a bunch of benevolent philanthropists.

Baxter International Found Guilty of Distributing Live Flu Virus to 18 Countries:
http://goo.gl/6bpzL

GlaxoSmithKline Fined $3 Billion for bribery, etc:
http://goo.gl/hfP7o

Merck Makes False Claims:
http://www.naturalnews.com/036328_Merck_mumps_vaccine_False_Claims_Act.html

Flu vaccine in the 70s caused a number of deaths and permanent disabilities:
http://goo.gl/0O01w

So to the rest of you of the blind faith in the crony-capitalism that drives much of the pharmaceutical industry, enlighten us and please tell us which vaccines are safe and which are not. :p
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 08:41:57 AM

Got to just say one thing:

Vaccacines are a good thing if you put some common sense on them:

You dont need a Flu vaccacination every year if you are not prone to flu anyway. Never had a flu vaccacination and never had a flu even though i deal a lot with random people.
You dont need a hepatitis vac if you sue to stay at home 99% of the time.. but if you are at places that you cant be sure of water qwuality such a vac is indeed useful...
But you HAVE to keep your children vaccacinated - at least for those common "child" illnesses... Take Polio as an example.. its a painless vaccacination because children only have to swallow a cube of sugar yet people choose their children not to get vaccacined.. and here comes the argument i read above "If you dont vac your child, mine will get infected." Thats NOT bullshit.
In my extended family we had the case that a 2yr old was infected with Polio because some shithead had his son not vaccacined. That infected youth was 11yrs old - and vaccacination happens here at 6yrs to 8yrs.. he didnt "believe" in that stuff. Nevertheless his son died, that 2yr old is disabled for the rest of her life and who knows who else got infected.

So i just got to say: Vaccacines have to be applied with common sense, but since children dont have common sense they HAVE to be vaccacined till they can decide theirselfes and "Oh no.. i dont want no injection" doesnt count as "decision".
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 08:59:27 AM

I want to make my argument really clear so you can all use this if you need to too:

The vaccines are great...
 it's just the preservative method that is horrendous!

I'm not against vaccines but you have to recognize that they are contained in a cocktail of chemicals designed to kill stuff and they will kill you only a little less because you are bigger.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 09:07:55 AM

I guess tech geeks aren't so smart when it comes to medical matters. Or maybe people are less well educated in the US. Either way the so called vaccine debate has been over for a decade, and I have no idea why it's being rehashed here.

I'd rather live somewhere children won't get measles or mumps or polio and end up blind or deaf or paralysed. Herd immunity is important, so if you don't immunise your kids I'd rather you live elsewhere.

@TwinTurbo: a bunch of links to google search results and to the "Natural News" (not exactly peer reviewed literature) is not evidence. Come up with some better evidence, and then try to draw some conclusions other than "Wow a pharmaceutical company got fined for being bad, that means all vaccines are bad.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 09:22:36 AM

The problem with the vaccine thing is that people don't differentiate between the different vaccines. They're just one lump of either "all good", or "all bad".

That's not the truth at all. There are some vaccines which have been around for decades. They're proven. Safe. Polio, MMR, Tetanus.

There are other vaccines which are new, rushed into production, and pushed to as many people as possible. Untested. Unproven. Vaccines such as the one for HPV.

These companies make sometimes hundreds of dollars per shot for these vaccines. They want to make their cash before the patent on the drug runs out.

There's your problem, right there.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 09:39:18 AM

There are other vaccines which are new, rushed into production, and pushed to as many people as possible. Untested. Unproven. Vaccines such as the one for HPV.

What's unsafe about the Gardasil? And it wasn't exactly "rushed into production" unless if you consider 30 years of development before it was first released "rushed".

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 09:47:21 AM

What's unsafe about the Gardasil? And it wasn't exactly "rushed into production" unless if you consider 30 years of development before it was first released "rushed".

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500803_162-4240888-500803.html

Interestingly, The symptoms described in the article above are not listed here:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 10:09:32 AM

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500803_162-4240888-500803.html

Interestingly, The symptoms described in the article above are not listed here:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm

From the article:
Yesterday I spoke to the families of young women who believe the Gardasil HPV vaccine may have – or did in fact – cause their child's serious illness.

This does not constitute evidence that there is a problem with Gardasil. It's a correlation at best and anecdotal as well.

A doctor I met once told me of another doctor who was about to administer a vaccine to a child. Just before it was administered, the child had their first ever seizure, and thereafter was diagnosed with epilepsy. If the vaccine had been given a few moment later and the seizure occurred after the vaccine was administered, a parent could be forgiven for thinking that one caused the other. But correlation != causation.

Another point to remember is that you can't believe everything you hear in the news. Reporters have to have a point to push or the story won't sell. If there's a significant problem with Gardasil, there'll be scientists out there to prove there's a problem, to get the kudos from publishing an important paper.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: