Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much wall street money will be pouring into bitcoin now?  (Read 3047 times)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 08:57:55 PM

One day bitcoin will be so integrated that we will wake up and realize that bitcoin IS the way to go and there is no point for using stupid fiat anymore.
But there is a point; control.

History shows that every power loose their control at some point.

B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:47:03 PM

One day bitcoin will be so integrated that we will wake up and realize that bitcoin IS the way to go and there is no point for using stupid fiat anymore.

Yes, indeed. I agree. Someone else may (or may not) seize new control, but at the end of the day; it's power and control. It's like how America started. A bunch of guys sick of religious and financial persecution got together, fought and went on to start a new country of their own where they could persecute on religion and financial matters. It doesn't matter who really.

I just hope at least a small part of Bitcoin sees fruition in educating Americans (and other global citizen) what is really happening in the world with regards to money policy and how very slanted the system is. I hope it gets normal citizens charged about educating themselves properly and teaches them to see the bigger picture than if I buy X coin, I could make some money if big money jumps in.
toddtervy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 09:50:23 PM

I always hear the two different sides.  It goes up with good news and down with bad news, or vice-versa.  I wonder how many Bitcoiners would be willing to sell if the price did jump quite a bit.  Large amounts of money could move price up real fast which could make purchasers reconsider/ slow down.

Get off my c@ck !
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:11:32 PM

it's so much good news i expect a crash down to 25 cents... at least that seems to be the pattern

^This. Why? Well every dang time some kind of bigger acceptance of BTC / good news has had a negative price on BTC.

Of course if it even sniffed 10 bucks I would be going all in.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:08:47 PM

The Gemini exchange and ETF  seems to be just around the corner!

Time to speculate how much money will be pouring into the system and wear seat belts for the takeoff  to moon

It totally depends on what you mean by "into Bitcoin" - it depends if that money goes into companies operating in the Bitcoin ecosystem and offer services, etc. or if the money is being used to buy Bitcoin! The latter has a more direct effect on the price, while the former strengthens Bitcoin's long-term prospects.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:06:38 AM

I guess we'll be seeing more money flowing in it over the next months and years to come. Also, we'll see both - money invested in start-ups and also directly into Bitcoin. Who knows, the Winklevoss ETF could be just the vehicle Wall Street is waiting for...

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:42:48 AM

Yes, indeed. I agree. Someone else may (or may not) seize new control, but at the end of the day; it's power and control. It's like how America started. A bunch of guys sick of religious and financial persecution got together, fought and went on to start a new country of their own where they could persecute on religion and financial matters. It doesn't matter who really.

I just hope at least a small part of Bitcoin sees fruition in educating Americans (and other global citizen) what is really happening in the world with regards to money policy and how very slanted the system is. I hope it gets normal citizens charged about educating themselves properly and teaches them to see the bigger picture than if I buy X coin, I could make some money if big money jumps in.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. By that token, I'm sure the fiat mess isnt necessarily by design.

Im thinking about the pattern of systems arisng through consensus. (A kind of anthropological corollary to software design patterns)

This is a pattern that repeats through human existence. Acceptance of a concept and propagation of its practical implication, leading to who knows where.

This seems natural, as it should for it has been the way of things for millennia. The practical implication of any given system is not at issue, this t would seem to me is the manner in which human evolution at a cultural level has and continues to evolve.

I am observing though, how that may change. The Internet facilitated many things, previously unimaginable. Of particular significance is the massive increase in coomunication potential. I think we are currently living through one of the most significant shifts in cultural evolution *ever*. Consider the normal 'evolutionary' timescale for a species, and then consider the disproportianate speed at which technology has evolved to low us to suddenly be a able to communicate with anyone in the world in any place at any time (thereabouts).

The impact of this will be, I beleive, as obvious and astonishing as the industrial revolution is to today's historians. We are in it now so we can't see it. BTC is just one facet of the integration of man. We're becoming a worldwide nation. Borders must drop. Equality must happen. Monetary equilibrium is one stepping stone. I'm for it, we are all the same. One love.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 09:03:44 AM

I am observing though, how that may change. The Internet facilitated many things, previously unimaginable. Of particular significance is the massive increase in coomunication potential. I think we are currently living through one of the most significant shifts in cultural evolution *ever*. Consider the normal 'evolutionary' timescale for a species, and then consider the disproportianate speed at which technology has evolved to low us to suddenly be a able to communicate with anyone in the world in any place at any time (thereabouts).

The impact of this will be, I beleive, as obvious and astonishing as the industrial revolution is to today's historians. We are in it now so we can't see it. BTC is just one facet of the integration of man. We're becoming a worldwide nation. Borders must drop. Equality must happen. Monetary equilibrium is one stepping stone. I'm for it, we are all the same. One love.

Great speech!

I don't think the technological aspect of our species can evolve very much longer though. Sure there is room for Tesla's suppressed inventions, anti-gravity based air/space vehicles, time travel, space colonization and conscious computers BUT I think we're approaching the limits of cosmos there. Luckily, some of those higher technological achievements would require us to acknowledge the power of consciousness and will hopefully lead to new endeavours --- the everlasting battle for our personal awareness.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:42:49 AM

Casual correlation:

1) Winklevii have long been trying to establish an ETF (COIN)

2) Recently, the Winklevii would like to start a BTC exchange (Gemini)

=> Winklevii may not be as optimistic as they once were regarding COIN, so now they look to start an exchange as a place to put their coins to use.

The Inside ETFs conference is next week, and the Winklevoss twins are supposed to speak more extensively about their ETF plans then. Source: http://www.etf.com/sections/features/23846-winklevoss-bros-beware-bitcoin-etf-risks.html
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:51:24 AM

When music and videos started illegally circulating on the internet, the first reaction of the big labels was to fight it.
Now, with YouTube ads, Spotify, NNetflix, etc. they found a way to keep their business up and running.

Same will happen with bitcoin and banks.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:16:18 AM

Outside of speculation/trading, what purpose does BTC serve the average citizen that fiat dollars doesn't?

If given in the future BTC was implemented similar to a currency, what advantages would it offer that fiat currency can't?

The potential value of what BTC and blockchain technology offers is slanted to those who control the fiat I believe. Short of cheaper moneygram transactions, hedging economic inflation a bit, impressing your friends, diversifying investments, etc. it means nothing.

Not everyone has access to the "stability" of the US dollar. Hedging inflation and diversifying investments are great. Do you know how much cheaper MoneyGram and WesternUnion transactions would do for the third world?  You're also completely ignoring the other potential applications of blockchain technology.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:19:26 AM

Given the recent drop in the Bitcoin prices and the fact that the media has been talking about Bitcoin every single day, I expect that money will pour into Bitcoin esp from the man in the street.   This will certainly help the Bitcoin to become mainstream and cultivate more users.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 02:24:09 AM

It will take a while for there to be any noticeable difference.  We need success stories rather than Gox stories...
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:41:44 AM

it's so much good news i expect a crash down to 25 cents... at least that seems to be the pattern

^This. Why? Well every dang time some kind of bigger acceptance of BTC / good news has had a negative price on BTC.

Of course if it even sniffed 10 bucks I would be going all in.

usually good news have little to no effect on prices in a bearmarket.

But of course things might change now that the fall trend has been broken
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: