Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:54:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AndLTC Miner! (Android LTC Miner)| NEON | PlayStore | Updated v0.7 08/07/12  (Read 37506 times)
muqali

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 09:42:29 AM

Simran's project is a GUI for cpuminer, not a separate fork of it.
The NEON code was already available when cpuminer 2.2.3 came out on August 5. Release notes here.

So I can use a terminal, either via an app or adb and run minerd manually as well? What folder is the binary stored in? I want to see if I can fix my problem that way. Maybe Simran can then figure out the issue and add a patch in.

donations BTC: 1CaCwo4xneTqTLEdomW76Cg5NteZyvXi1c
donations LTC: LTcasvjtLuN92ks1Pc1qtkvE9PswsXEbev
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Simran (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 06:11:03 PM

Simran's project is a GUI for cpuminer, not a separate fork of it.
The NEON code was already available when cpuminer 2.2.3 came out on August 5. Release notes here.

So I can use a terminal, either via an app or adb and run minerd manually as well? What folder is the binary stored in? I want to see if I can fix my problem that way. Maybe Simran can then figure out the issue and add a patch in.

It's in "/data/data/com.simran.andltcminer/". There's 2 minerd binaries, "minerd-Regular" and "minerd-NEON".

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
muqali

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:50:34 AM

I'm not sure what the issue was. I was running stock AT&T 4.0.4 and was getting those errors. Today I installed CM10(Android 4.1.1) and am having no issues connecting with  my S3.

portron

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:05:33 AM

I'm getting 2.1 khash/s on my VZW Galaxy Nexus w/ CM10 4.1.1 @ 1.2ghz

3.4 khash/s @ 1.8ghz but its not very stable at this speed for me.
TiuraZ

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 08:44:09 AM

Tried it and it seems to be working on my HTC Desire HD with 1 GHz Qualcomm 8255 Snapdragon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Desire_HD). With NEON it gives 0,96-1,05 khash/s, without it about 0,7. I have the same problem like others, when I change the orientation of the phone, it stops.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 08:47:22 AM

http://bitcoin.me/post/31914364872/my-solar-powered-litecoin-miner   check out my mining rig!

Cheesy

TiuraZ

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 09:27:03 AM

Wow! Where did you get that solar panel? I would love to have something like that in my boat.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 01:02:58 PM

Wow! Where did you get that solar panel? I would love to have something like that in my boat.

I got it off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portable-13W-Solar-Generator-Briefcase-GorillaSpoke-Great-Gadgets-Free-P-P-/251150960644?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item3a79c38804#ht_3997wt_981  13w model. I usually have it attached to a  jetski battery which i take inside at night to charge the phone  Smiley

meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 01:34:44 PM

I feel sorry for that phone once the sun comes out and beams right on it.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

muqali

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 11:25:13 AM

Any plans to update this to the newer APIs 16 and up for Android 4.1 and soon 4.2? I realize me buying the app isn't going to make you rich, but I think it's an awesome idea. More for the fact of "it can be done" and that it does expand what is possible.

I'd love to see this ported to the x86 android market as well as Windows RT!

Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 11:49:07 AM

Any plans to update this to the newer APIs 16 and up for Android 4.1 and soon 4.2? I realize me buying the app isn't going to make you rich, but I think it's an awesome idea. More for the fact of "it can be done" and that it does expand what is possible.

It's using the API's for Android 4.1, and when I get more time due to school, I will update the app. I've already gotten a small list I want to add:

1. Fix when the device to turn(Keep mining)
2. Move API up.
3. Autoscroll in text box(Console)

x86 Android Market? Windows RT? I don't get it?

*Image Removed*
muqali

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 11:53:09 AM

For instance, there are the old first gen google TV's that run on an Intel(not ARM cpu). The upcoming Medfield phones are also Intel based. I was under the assumption you could select multiple think APKs per architecture to compile for when you made an app. There was actually news that google just merged support for this into the Play store.

Windows RT I would think would be a logical place to port the code. The CPU in them is ARM, typically the same as in tablets and phones. It should be an easy port. Windows RT is "Windows 8" but for ARM SoCs.

Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

For instance, there are the old first gen google TV's that run on an Intel(not ARM cpu). The upcoming Medfield phones are also Intel based. I was under the assumption you could select multiple think APKs per architecture to compile for when you made an app. There was actually news that google just merged support for this into the Play store.

Windows RT I would think would be a logical place to port the code. The CPU in them is ARM, typically the same as in tablets and phones. It should be an easy port. Windows RT is "Windows 8" but for ARM SoCs.

Didn't know my app was on the play store for GoogleTV. Once I get home, I'll try my GoogleTV and see. Since it is Intel, wouldn't the precompiled Intel binaries work? As for Windows RT, they current ARM binaries don't work? If not, I'll see wut2do. Gonna talk with pooler again.

*Image Removed*
muqali

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:24:14 PM

Didn't know my app was on the play store for GoogleTV. Once I get home, I'll try my GoogleTV and see. Since it is Intel, wouldn't the precompiled Intel binaries work? As for Windows RT, they current ARM binaries don't work? If not, I'll see wut2do. Gonna talk with pooler again.

No, the device isn't on the Google TV. You'd need to set it up to compile for a different CPU type. It appears Google just recently enabled this. I imagine you'd need to update your Android SDK on you machine and maybe the client SDK's not sure. Here is the URL

http://www.embedded.com/design/system-integration/4397060/Getting-rid-of-Androids-fat-APKs-

Joshwaa

Activity: 497

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:06:43 PM

1.98Khash/s on Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (Sprint network)  Grin

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
powersync

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:12:32 PM

1.14Khash/s on a overclocked HTC Desire.  I need to buy a quad-core phone to mine on now lol

PS
muqali

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:32:38 PM

I've found you mine more liquidcoins. Given that this is really just to stroke our egos and make us feel like we're working, the numerically larger LQC mined "feels" better. I'm charging on solar anyway, so it isn't costing me.

Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 08:55:59 PM

No, the device isn't on the Google TV. You'd need to set it up to compile for a different CPU type. It appears Google just recently enabled this. I imagine you'd need to update your Android SDK on you machine and maybe the client SDK's not sure. Here is the URL

http://www.embedded.com/design/system-integration/4397060/Getting-rid-of-Androids-fat-APKs-

The app doesn't compile the binaries on the device. I cross compiled the cpu miner for ARM, so the app simply downloads the precompiled binaries. What I suggested was that you should try the current Intel precompiled binaries on a GoogleTV device, as they are Intel CPU's. There's no need to update the API's for the app either, but I'll go ahead and do so like I said.

*Image Removed*
muqali

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 09:58:38 PM

The app doesn't compile the binaries on the device. I cross compiled the cpu miner for ARM, so the app simply downloads the precompiled binaries. What I suggested was that you should try the current Intel precompiled binaries on a GoogleTV device, as they are Intel CPU's. There's no need to update the API's for the app either, but I'll go ahead and do so like I said.

I haven't had any luck running binaries on my Google TV. I've got the Sony bluray player. I have tried a couple of precompiled(static) busybox's and I believe Sony set the filesystem masks such that I can't execute any files.

SynOps

Activity: 140

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2012, 11:05:34 PM

I have tried this (With the paid app) on my Nexus 7, and have not got it to work with 3 of the usually named LTC pool mining sites. I have not tried it on my HTC Rezound yet.

I get an error no matter the site i use, i have double checked every informational site and i seem to be entering everything correctly.

My Nexus 7 is Rooted if that means anything to the situation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: