Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:51:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANARCHO CAPITALISM - debate it here!  (Read 4221 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 06:34:08 PM

Anarchism can only be implemented once technology has rendered capitalism obsolete.  Otherwise you are just handing direct control to the top 1% of wealth holders.  If we was living under anarco-capitalism then I'm sure the top 1% wealth holders who were in control would have an elected council so the plebs, peasants and serfs felt like they had a voice and wouldn't revoult.  Tho that elected council would be rigged so only supporters of the top 1% of wealth holders could come to power.  The top 1% of wealth holders would use there control of the media and banks to make that happen.  Sound familiar?

That is not anarcho-capitalism. That is democracy. Would you like me to explain the concept of anarcho-capitalism to to you, or would you rather read it yourself?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 06:46:45 PM

And then you can read the criticisms against it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticisms_of_anarcho-capitalism
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 06:50:34 PM

And then you can read the criticisms against it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticisms_of_anarcho-capitalism
Any proper reading of the original article would lead naturally to reading the criticisms. They're linked toward the end.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 06:58:48 PM

Whenever someone suggests a Utopian type society, I recommend writing a short story about it. Kurt Vonnegut and others have created a great deal of commentary on such ideals. It's not so much for anyone else to read, but to see if you have really thought your ideas through.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:08:34 PM

Whenever someone suggests a Utopian type society, I recommend writing a short story about it. Kurt Vonnegut and others have created a great deal of commentary on such ideals. It's not so much for anyone else to read, but to see if you have really thought your ideas through.

I have suggested several fictional representations of an AnCap society at work, perhaps the most accessible is Escape From Terra, and BHP has many other stories that illustrate (literally!) the concept.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:12:42 PM

I have suggested several fictional representations of an AnCap society at work, perhaps the most accessible is Escape From Terra, and BHP has many other stories that illustrate (literally!) the concept.
I left out one more thing. Before looking at these links, the stories have to be realistic today. They cannot involve anything like space travel, time travel, or sleeping or cryonics for a century.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:17:08 PM

I left out one more thing. Before looking at these links, the stories have to be realistic today. They cannot involve anything like space travel, time travel, or sleeping or cryonics for a century.

In that case (most of BHP is Sci-fi), I suggest you read Alongside Night, which was science fiction when written, but is now effectively contemporary literature. I have a PDF, if you'd like.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:21:36 PM

Ya know, this is a Bitcoin forum. It is a real movement with folks doing real things to change the world starting today. This is not ComiCon or a fanboi forum. All I'm asking is for something real. Looking Backward, 2000 to 1887 by Edward Bellamy is a good example.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:22:32 PM

Ya know, this is a Bitcoin forum. It is a real movement with folks doing real things to change the world starting today. This is not ComiCon or a fanboi forum. All I'm asking is for something real. Looking Backward, 2000 to 1887 by Edward Bellamy is a good example.

So.... Science fiction?
Looking Backward: 2000-1887 is a utopian science fiction novel by Edward Bellamy, a lawyer and writer from Chicopee Falls, Massachusetts; it was first published in 1887. According to Erich Fromm, Looking Backward is "one of the most remarkable books ever published in America".

FirstAscent

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:28:27 PM

The Road by Cormac McCarthy!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:31:30 PM

That movie was so inspirational. It is truly a bright and cheery future worth working for!

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:36:06 PM

He's looking for books exploring the end result of AnCap, not of governments.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:44:00 PM

I'm not looking for any books because there really aren't any. I was talking about an excercise in developing your own understanding of what you are trying to convey. Like John Lennon said "You better free your mind instead."

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:51:45 PM

I'm not looking for any books because there really aren't any. I was talking about an excercise in developing your own understanding of what you are trying to convey. Like John Lennon said "You better free your mind instead."

Ohh.... You want me to write some libertarian science fiction? Rest assured, I am. Nothing finished and ready for public consumption yet, but I have quite a bit written. But if you would like to read some other people's libertarian science fiction while you wait, there are many options.

As mentioned, I can provide a PDF of Alongside Night. We've met or surpassed most of the technology in there, or you can read Escape From Terra, which has realistic space travel, with only a small amount of unobtanium medical technology. The focus of both are the society, not the tech.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:55:28 PM

Ohh.... You want me to write some libertarian science fiction? Rest assured, I am. Nothing finished and ready for public consumption yet, but I have quite a bit written. But if you would like to read some other people's libertarian science fiction while you wait, there are many options.

As mentioned, I can provide a PDF of Alongside Night. We've met or surpassed most of the technology in there, or you can read Escape From Terra, which has realistic space travel, with only a small amount of unobtanium medical technology. The focus of both are the society, not the tech.
That's the ticket, though zero unobtanium is better unless it is based on known scientific observations we just haven't developed yet.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 08:01:12 PM

That's the ticket, though zero unobtanium is better unless it is based on known scientific observations we just haven't developed yet.

The worst case I've seen is a heart-shot victim resuscitated. Not possible at current medical tech levels (primarily because they're dead before the ambulance even gets there), but doable, eventually.

But we're getting off-topic. Does anyone have anything to say about AnCap?

FirstAscent

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:06:16 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 08:37:13 PM by FirstAscent

The worst case I've seen is a heart-shot victim resuscitated. Not possible at current medical tech levels (primarily because they're dead before the ambulance even gets there), but doable, eventually.

But we're getting off-topic. Does anyone have anything to say about AnCap?

Yes. It requires more than philosophical prognostications about human behavior to effectively predict its outcome.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 08:20:08 PM

Yes. It requires more then philosophical prognostications about human behavior to effectively predict its outcome.

How is it, you can use a word like "prognostications", correctly spelled and placed in the sentence, and yet use "then" instead of "than"?

And what, exactly, would you suggest we use to predict the outcome?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:31:30 PM

Yes. It requires more then philosophical prognostications about human behavior to effectively predict its outcome.

How is it, you can use a word like "prognostications", correctly spelled and placed in the sentence, and yet use "then" instead of "than"?

And what, exactly, would you suggest we use to predict the outcome?
The thesaurus is getting a workout.

FirstAscent

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:36:33 PM

Misspellings are not always the result of grammatical ignorance, but often the result of a subconscious stream of consciousness influenced by the part of the brain which reproduces sounds within the mind. I'm sure we all do it. I'm sure you do it too. I'm fully aware of then and than, there and their and they're, your and you're, and so on. I will now correct the mistake.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: