Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:26:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing the Satoshi Roundtable crypto retreat  (Read 9863 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 05:36:38 PM

Hi,

The event is basically full for this year but I thought Bitcoin Talk might still want to know about it in case anyone would like to request a wait list invite as well as to plan for next year.

Satoshi Roundtable is a private Bitcoin and crypto retreat taking place Feb 6-8 at a private resort in the Caribbean.  Invitation only and limited to 60 attendees.

http://satoshiroundtable.org

Confirmed attendees include:

Steve Beauregard, CEO, GoCoin
Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum
Michael Cao, CEO Zoom Hash
Dave Carlson, Mega Big Power
Nic Cary, CEO Blockchain
Reeve Collins, CEO, Tether
Tuur Demeester, Bitcoin Economist
Anthony DiIorio, Bitcoin Decentral, CrytpoKit, Ethereum
Bruce Fenton, Atlantic Financial / Bitcoin Association
Paige Freeman, Co-Founder, Women in Bitcoin
David Johnston, DApps Fund, Mastercoin, Factom
Charlie Lee, Coinbase/ Creator LiteCoin
Vinny Lingham, CEO Gyft
Marshall Long, CEO Final Hash
Trace Mayer, Author, investor, early adopter
Ira Miller, CEO, Coinapult
Patrick Murck, Executive Director, Bitcoin Foundation
Joel Monegro, Union Square Ventures
Brock Pierce, Crypto Currency Partners
Elizabeth Rossiello, CEO BitPesa
Matthew Roszak, Tally Capital
Marco Santori, Pillsbury Winthrop
Craig Sellars, CTO Mastercoin
Paul Snow, Texas Bitcoin Alliance and Factom
Nick Sullivan, CEO ChangeTip
Peter Todd, Core Developer
Roger Ver, Memory Dealers
Erik Voorhees, Coinapult
And many others …

Sorry it is full.  If you want to be placed on the wait list in the case of a cancelation you can send an email to members@satoshiroundtable.org

Congrats on reminding the world that Bitcoin wealth is an elite club and the initial distribution of coins was extremely favorable for a small amount of people.

This is true of all currencies and is a consequence of engaging in a monetary system. If you want something different, I suggest looking into a resource based economy.

At the party, I think it would be fun to have one of those murder mystery games going on. You could all discover a dead dollar bill, and run around trying to discover who killed fiat currency. In the end, it would be discovered that it was bitcoin who killed fiat, in the global economy, with the truth.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:10:27 PM

There seems to have been nothing reported from this secret meeting. I wonder what they hoped to accomplish?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:51:04 PM

There seems to have been nothing reported from this secret meeting. I wonder what they hoped to accomplish?

Well,  I reported on my small part. It is notable that I was perhaps the least connected (to the other participants) member there, so for me the priorities were biased to getting to know people, instead of accomplishing a specific objective.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: