Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:16:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is "Variety Jones"?  (Read 47176 times)
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:18:30 AM

While that connection that they made regarding flush is pretty good, but I found a lot of places where they are going to points a to b to c, and some places i thought you just couldnt jump to without some info from the goverment. Yes, social shit is very important, thats why you need to be careful from the second you start posting online. I bet a lot of the evidence that they came up with when they found flush' identity were posted well before SR was alive...

I just cant believe what an idiot Ross was to record EVERY FUCKING thing....That takes the cake.... I have absolutely no doubt he would have been fount not guilty or they would have reached some sort of deal with very very little jail time if it werent for the logs and his computer, but my money is on that they couldnt really have charged him.
bigasic

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:19:21 AM

I thought vj's identity was already known? He was the owner of some big cannabis seed company, there was a video posted apparently featuring him. He was getting shouted at by some other guy about something.

I know that's not very helpful. I wasn't really paying much attention at the time and I watched the video on mute!

im sure it was on reddit...

Could you look for that video? that would be awesome..
Lexi Price

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Live Free Or Die

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:30:02 AM

With these recent events with the corrupt feds and the reasonable doubt of some other mastermind, is there any hope for Ross to get the conviction overturned or commuted or a shorter sentence? I'm torn on the wrongful conviction aspect. I don't think he ever should've been arrested or convicted but to be fair, I don't know all the whole story and there's the deal with hired assassinations...

...and truth be told, I was always a fan of the dead pool. It's a genius idea, really - illegal or not - and if it was continued and implemented it could go a long way in striking real fear in these corrupt politicians and "enforcers" and media propagandists. I'd love to see an Anonymous warning to the whole lot of them to straighten up, undo their corruption, come clean, step down - whatever - or find themselves on the list...and have a couple of the worst ones taken out. I bet they'd get their shit together in a hurry.  Grin

I was a fan of the Tar & Feather Society. I wish like hell somebody would put that together, a less permanent version of the dead pool and instead of having them assassinated, they're given fair warning and a reasonable period of time to comply and the consequence for failure or refusal or ignoring the warning is they're nabbed in the dead of night, taken somewhere and tarred/feathered, then tied to a pole and left in a public area with a big sign admitting their corruption. Maybe shaming and humiliation and fear will help. Imagine all the police department heads being warned to rid the department of all corruption and all corrupt officers or face the consequences.

Anyway, I know it'll never happen because people are too candy ass but man...I'd donate some bitcoin to see it go down!  Grin

La Bella Vita Nessun Rimpianto
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:28:05 AM

I thought vj's identity was already known? He was the owner of some big cannabis seed company, there was a video posted apparently featuring him. He was getting shouted at by some other guy about something.

I know that's not very helpful. I wasn't really paying much attention at the time and I watched the video on mute!

im sure it was on reddit...

Could you look for that video? that would be awesome..

Search for "Gypsy Nirvana PlanetGanja" on Youtube. I think there was a part 1 and 2.
The shouting psychopath is Gypsy Nirvana (currently in jail), his "victim" is allegedly VJ, but I'm not so sure about that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:30:17 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 01:30:30 PM by AGD

I know that video. It is showing Gypsy Nirvana firing an employee and making a secret video of his asshole behaviour. I don't think it was VJ, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCEh8FNNuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-EEf0pebEM

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:26:36 PM

I just cant believe what an idiot Ross was to record EVERY FUCKING thing....That takes the cake.... I have absolutely no doubt he would have been fount not guilty or they would have reached some sort of deal with very very little jail time if it werent for the logs and his computer, but my money is on that they couldnt really have charged him.

I find it hard to believe he did this also. It's literally the most stupidest thing he could have done. He literally created his own paper trail and provided them with all the evidence they needed. Did he think he was invincible and would never have been caught?

With these recent events with the corrupt feds and the reasonable doubt of some other mastermind, is there any hope for Ross to get the conviction overturned or commuted or a shorter sentence? I'm torn on the wrongful conviction aspect. I don't think he ever should've been arrested or convicted but to be fair, I don't know all the whole story and there's the deal with hired assassinations...

His defense will almost certainly try but I'm not sure they'll be able to get it overturned unless they can prove they 100% prove the feds did cross the line on getting certain other evidence. It certainly doesn't look good for the feds and could cast doubt on other aspects of the evidence.

AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:26:10 PM

New link added to OP:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/there-are-two-illustrious-characters-still-missing-in-the-silk-road-drama

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Skinnyman

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:30:24 PM

Looks like whoever he was was far smarter than DPR. I think the best option would be to work on the sidelines of a business like this because there's way too much heat on the main figurehead as DPR found out. Running this sort of market you cannot afford to make even one solitary mistake or it can cost you your liberty or even life.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:09:57 AM

Added to OP:

Silk Road Boss' First Murder-For-Hire Was His Mentor's Idea:
http://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-boss-first-murder-attempt-mentors-idea/

Moonpig

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:31:13 AM

Added to OP:

Reading that it's clear that Ross Ulbricht was no criminal mastermind and was in way over his head. I like at the end it's revealed it wasn't even him that came up with the DPR username and was actually Variety Jones. Looks like he was the actual brains behind most of the stuff but was also obviously a bad influence on DPR and was probably ultimately responsible for pushing him into the darkside.
Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 11:45:11 AM

Added to OP:

Reading that it's clear that Ross Ulbricht was no criminal mastermind and was in way over his head. I like at the end it's revealed it wasn't even him that came up with the DPR username and was actually Variety Jones. Looks like he was the actual brains behind most of the stuff but was also obviously a bad influence on DPR and was probably ultimately responsible for pushing him into the darkside.

I think people apologize WAY TOO MUCH for Ulbricht's behavior. It's pretty clear now that he's responsible for his own actions. If you're a drug dealer and you're presented with the choice to kill someone, and you take it, it says a lot about your character. Whoever the hell Variety Jones is, I don't think it would have affected Ulbricht's conviction (as a drug dealer) at all. If anything, Variety Jones would have to be someone really close to Ulbricht to call him "mentor". Probably Karpeles.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:54:16 AM

Never heard of him. I actually thought I knew the big names around Bitcoin... Andreas, Gavin, Gmaxwell, Satoshi (duh!),... Even Ulbricht, and the others who got in trouble. Guess I'm too late to the party Cheesy

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
MikeCorleone

Activity: 391

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:46:21 PM

What if Goat is Variety Jones!
bigasic

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:22:52 PM

I really wonder if Variety jones did come up with the name or if He/she just thought it was the best name submitted. I believe I read on the old forums that they were running a name contest. And the winner was DPR.. So, While VJ could have come up with the name, I find it weird that there was a name contest. If VJ decided to give him that name then why the contest?
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:38:10 AM

I find it also interesting, that he might be still around and already be working on a new "project" at this moment.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:49:20 PM

Great movie, im waiting for the release date.
Anyway, there will always be a next DPR/Variety Jones after the current gets busted. Silk Road ad infitnium, it will just keep happening.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:39:28 AM

So did anyone find any clues as to who Variety Jones (or Cimon) is?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 05:57:00 AM

What if Goat is Variety Jones!

Nah, Goat doesn't have that vibe at all.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:11:36 AM

OK, don't bash me if you think this is stupid but.....

Did any of yous considered the fact that Edward Snowden is VJ?
After all he did not get paid for his services to DPR....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden

Edward Joseph "Ed" Snowden (born June 21, 1983) is an American computer professional who leaked classified information from the National Security Agency (NSA) to the mainstream media, starting in June 2013.

SilkRoad:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_%28marketplace%29

In 2013, the FBI shut down the website
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

OK, don't bash me if you think this is stupid but.....

Did any of yous considered the fact that Edward Snowden is VJ?

I won't bash you and welcome all theories but I think it's stupid...

What Snowden revealed has a much bigger impact. Everyone is affected. His revelations influenced world politics and economics.
Silkroad, even though it made millions, was a small niche in the global drug trade. Only a very small percentage of the population have even heard of it. Even smaller the amount of people who used it.
Honestly, I don't think the NSA cares very much about SR. Maybe only if they want to give a new employee a training project.

Ross is a dreamer who thought he can change the world through his idea of a free market. And make lots of money, have fun. He has this careless and free attitude.
Snowden is a pure idealist. He wants to improve democracy. He is convinced something on a large scale goes terribly wrong. He knew he has to give up his freedom and economic benefits for his believes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print