Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:28:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is "Variety Jones"?  (Read 47160 times)
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:05:48 PM

Oh, Ross will be lucky to get just 30 years, hes facing 20 year mandatory minimum. But the judge could make all  the charges run concurrently. if that the case, he could do only 20 years, but with computer crimes, the charges get enhanced, so, I honestly think hell be lucky to get 30 years. The prosecution is going for life, I doubt he will get life, but he very easily get 30-40 years, which is really life for a 30 year old..

From what I was told. they offered him a deal of 25 years and he declined it. hes probably regretting that one.. he douls be out in his mid fifties, which he could still have somewhat of a life outside of prison. In the fed system you have to serve roughly 90 percent of the time, its not like state, where if you sentenced for 20 years you could get paroled in 7. there is no such thing as parole in the fed system.

On a side note, a guy that was convicted of trafficking 80 kilos of maryjane  with his plane, he was moving it from sate to state. was put on federal probation for 5 years, what a lucky bastard, he had to pay a 50k dollar fine and he lost his interest in the plane to the govt. he was facing 20 years behind bars. so, you can get lucky once in a while...This just happened a couple of months ago..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:19:20 AM

Oh, Ross will be lucky to get just 30 years, hes facing 20 year mandatory minimum. But the judge could make all  the charges run concurrently. if that the case, he could do only 20 years, but with computer crimes, the charges get enhanced, so, I honestly think hell be lucky to get 30 years. The prosecution is going for life, I doubt he will get life, but he very easily get 30-40 years, which is really life for a 30 year old..

From what I was told. they offered him a deal of 25 years and he declined it. hes probably regretting that one.. he douls be out in his mid fifties, which he could still have somewhat of a life outside of prison. In the fed system you have to serve roughly 90 percent of the time, its not like state, where if you sentenced for 20 years you could get paroled in 7. there is no such thing as parole in the fed system.

On a side note, a guy that was convicted of trafficking 80 kilos of maryjane  with his plane, he was moving it from sate to state. was put on federal probation for 5 years, what a lucky bastard, he had to pay a 50k dollar fine and he lost his interest in the plane to the govt. he was facing 20 years behind bars. so, you can get lucky once in a while...This just happened a couple of months ago..

Source?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
bigasic

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:13:43 PM

Oh, Ross will be lucky to get just 30 years, hes facing 20 year mandatory minimum. But the judge could make all  the charges run concurrently. if that the case, he could do only 20 years, but with computer crimes, the charges get enhanced, so, I honestly think hell be lucky to get 30 years. The prosecution is going for life, I doubt he will get life, but he very easily get 30-40 years, which is really life for a 30 year old..

On a side note, a guy that was convicted of trafficking 80 kilos of maryjane  with his plane, he was moving it from sate to state. was put on federal probation for 5 years, what a lucky bastard, he had to pay a 50k dollar fine and he lost his interest in the plane to the govt. he was facing 20 years behind bars. so, you can get lucky once in a while...This just happened a couple of months ago..

Source?

I dont have the source, youll just have to take it with a grain of salt, i guess... but his mother did say that they turned down 2 offers, that was in one of her videos.. but all I can say is "trust me" lol....
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:42:37 PM

Source?

I dont have the source, youll just have to take it with a grain of salt, i guess... but his mother did say that they turned down 2 offers, that was in one of her videos.. but all I can say is "trust me" lol....

You know his mom personally?
And she told you that?
bigasic

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:04:01 PM

No, i dont know his mom. I did see the video where she stated they turned down 2 offers. Its all speculation, but ive also read that hes looking at 30 years minimum. which sounds about right. the 20 years isnt with all the enhancements.....
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:21:20 PM

Jester no, he would've jacked the site and stolen the coins, failing that would've bragged endlessly how "military experienced" he was in private chats. As for Ross Ulbricht I'm pretty sure no plea offers were tabled, sometimes the government if they have a slam dunk case wants to make an example and will proceed to trial especially if it is a high profile political case like SR, they want their show trial.

Fed prosecutors claiming SR product was involved in 6 overdose deaths they are really piling it on, they plan on parading these grieving parents in front of the judge during sentencing  http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/04/25/feds-6-died-as-a-result-of-overdosing-from-silk-road-purchased-drugs/

Ulbricht always said he was 'prepared' to face life in prison but unfortunately with that continuing corruption charge he is looking at life at a supermax prison as all previous convictions for that charge have ended up there. That's a lot of solitary confinement and is designed so media can never have access to you.

bigasic

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:58:40 AM

Just did some research. I wish i would have copied the link, but basically since he was convicted of the kingpin charge, he has to be sentenced to life. Granted, judges can do whatever they want they rarely stray from the guidelines., but that looks like thats going to be his punishment.. plus, it will be most likely in a super max.. I honestly dont think id want to live. ive heard those supermaxes are terrible.. 23 hours locked in a tiny cell, by yourself. you get out 1 hour a day in a dog pen basically.. 2 showers a week and they purposely keep you away from the press.

Honestly, while I think Ross is guilty, but that punishment is too harsh. give him 20 years in a medium security prison, but life in a super max? no way..
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:06:44 AM

Jester no, he would've jacked the site and stolen the coins, failing that would've bragged endlessly how "military experienced" he was in private chats. As for Ross Ulbricht I'm pretty sure no plea offers were tabled, sometimes the government if they have a slam dunk case wants to make an example and will proceed to trial especially if it is a high profile political case like SR, they want their show trial.

Fed prosecutors claiming SR product was involved in 6 overdose deaths they are really piling it on, they plan on parading these grieving parents in front of the judge during sentencing  http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/04/25/feds-6-died-as-a-result-of-overdosing-from-silk-road-purchased-drugs/

Ulbricht always said he was 'prepared' to face life in prison but unfortunately with that continuing corruption charge he is looking at life at a supermax prison as all previous convictions for that charge have ended up there. That's a lot of solitary confinement and is designed so media can never have access to you.

You are most possibly right about Jester. The chance is quite small, that he is VJ, esp since Thomas Clark is already a perfect match. I am just waiting for his arrest. Now, when LE is not looking for him, the chance is big, that VJ was working undercover for LE from early on.

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:22:09 AM

Just did some research. I wish i would have copied the link, but basically since he was convicted of the kingpin charge, he has to be sentenced to life. Granted, judges can do whatever they want they rarely stray from the guidelines., but that looks like thats going to be his punishment.. plus, it will be most likely in a super max.. I honestly dont think id want to live. ive heard those supermaxes are terrible.. 23 hours locked in a tiny cell, by yourself. you get out 1 hour a day in a dog pen basically.. 2 showers a week and they purposely keep you away from the press.

Honestly, while I think Ross is guilty, but that punishment is too harsh. give him 20 years in a medium security prison, but life in a super max? no way..

That's exactly why he should prove, that he sold the site a few month after creating. It was getting too big for him, so he sold the site. Chatlogs were manipilutated on his pc to make him the fall guy. Later he was tricked back in with some administrative tasks just to have him arrested "red handed".

Now, if he lied about the file manipulation, then things are quite different. All allegations about him beeing DPR the whole time will be true and therefore he should face the kingpin charge. He was not only in the kingpin position at Silkroad, but he also acted like one in the murder for hire story. Even when no one got killed, he still was acting like the typical drug lord. If LE had let him doing or if he contacted a real hitman instead of FORCE, there would have been real dead people.

edit: If he can prove, he sold the site, there still will be the question "Who bought SR from Ross and ordered the hitmen?"

S4VV4S

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:21:00 AM

No, i dont know his mom. I did see the video where she stated they turned down 2 offers. Its all speculation, but ive also read that hes looking at 30 years minimum. which sounds about right. the 20 years isnt with all the enhancements.....

Wait, I thought you said he was put on federal probation for 5 years.
S4VV4S

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:30:50 AM

That's exactly why he should prove, that he sold the site a few month after creating. It was getting too big for him, so he sold the site. Chatlogs were manipilutated on his pc to make him the fall guy. Later he was tricked back in with some administrative tasks just to have him arrested "red handed".

Now, if he lied about the file manipulation, then things are quite different. All allegations about him beeing DPR the whole time will be true and therefore he should face the kingpin charge. He was not only in the kingpin position at Silkroad, but he also acted like one in the murder for hire story. Even when no one got killed, he still was acting like the typical drug lord. If LE had let him doing or if he contacted a real hitman instead of FORCE, there would have been real dead people.

edit: If he can prove, he sold the site, there still will be the question "Who bought SR from Ross and ordered the hitmen?"

I really think the evidence has been manipulated as I have stated and explained here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1038833.0
That just doesn't make sense.
It really doesn't
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:24:26 AM

I really think the evidence has been manipulated as I have stated and explained here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1038833.0
It really doesn't

I don't think the chat statements alone are enough proof. I think it will be called something like "hearsay". It can be one piece of the puzzle, though.
The whole defense should be based on Ross knowledge about the origin of these files. If he is sure about not saving the logs and writing the journal, there will be a way to prove that with forensic, but when he created the files himself, there will be no way to prove the opposite.
If he was framed by FORCE/BRIDGES in a way, beyond the already known, it is possible, that one of the two will declare that in court.

S4VV4S

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:46:16 AM

It really doesn't

I don't think the chat statements alone are enough proof. I think it will be called something like "hearsay". It can be one piece of the puzzle, though.
The whole defense should be based on Ross knowledge about the origin of these files. If he is sure about not saving the logs and writing the journal, there will be a way to prove that with forensic, but when he created the files himself, there will be no way to prove the opposite.
If he was framed by FORCE/BRIDGES in a way, beyond the already known, it is possible, that one of the two will declare that in court.

Why would they do that?
They are in deep shit already.
That would be suicide.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:13:51 AM

It really doesn't

Why would they do that?
They are in deep shit already.
That would be suicide.

Still possible. Religious motives for example ;-)

bigasic

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:50:31 PM

Do you really think VR was an agent? I highly doubt that an agent would advise to kill someone, but, he could have been working with NOB, so i guess its possible. I think the whole key to find out if Ross is telling the truth and to find out a lot of things, is to find out who VR is. I think moustache is spot on his thinking... i believe he stated that a lot of people think that VR and mongoose are the same person, it possible that what they want us to think.. but im pretty sure mongoose is waiting extradition to the USA.. We may never find out who VR is..

I do remember reading in one of their chat sessions between dpr and VR is VR stated something like " I cant believe you havent figured out who i am already" so there has to be  obvious clues in their chats...
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:36:40 PM

He said: "only googling for "Plural of Mongoose" will be enough to find him"

S4VV4S

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:24:10 PM

Do you really think VR was an agent? I highly doubt that an agent would advise to kill someone, but, he could have been working with NOB, so i guess its possible. I think the whole key to find out if Ross is telling the truth and to find out a lot of things, is to find out who VR is. I think moustache is spot on his thinking... i believe he stated that a lot of people think that VR and mongoose are the same person, it possible that what they want us to think.. but im pretty sure mongoose is waiting extradition to the USA.. We may never find out who VR is..

I do remember reading in one of their chat sessions between dpr and VR is VR stated something like " I cant believe you havent figured out who i am already" so there has to be  obvious clues in their chats...

Isn't that what they did with Curtis Green though?
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:58:21 PM

Isn't that what they did with Curtis Green though?

Nob asked him if he wanted a hit or just beat up. They still left him with a choice. Ross wanted them only beating up Curtis and pay back the money. Later Variety Jones convinced Ross to order the hit kinda like an example.

Skunk Fu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:31:48 PM

Wasn't it Curtis Green that they said stole thousands of Bitcoins?
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:38:05 PM

Wasn't it Curtis Green that they said stole thousands of Bitcoins?

Yeah, but he didn't. It was agent Bridges as far as I understand it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: