Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:59:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is "Variety Jones"?  (Read 47168 times)
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:43:57 AM

That's pretty good journalism, but they're just journalists and really shouldn't be hacking into someone's emails? But if I'm honest I'm glad all that info has been published publicly so VJ has a chance to gtfo of Koh Chang before the feds turn up! I mean the evidence is pretty damning. Unless of course he is an informant Wink

I've been to Koh Chang 3 times, I love the fact I could have been chilling with the legend that is Variety Jones... Good luck Mr. Clarke!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:14:51 AM

That's pretty good journalism, but they're just journalists and really shouldn't be hacking into someone's emails? But if I'm honest I'm glad all that info has been published publicly so VJ has a chance to gtfo of Koh Chang before the feds turn up! I mean the evidence is pretty damning. Unless of course he is an informant Wink

I've been to Koh Chang 3 times, I love the fact I could have been chilling with the legend that is Variety Jones... Good luck Mr. Clarke!

Well, they said "Through a source ...". So, they didn't hack.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:56:51 PM

What are all these shady characters doing converging on Thailand? Being shady no doubt. Last I heard VJ was buying a goldmine in Ghana Huh

Motherboard does good work. Incidentally it's one of my few daily reads.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:55:16 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 11:09:29 AM by bennybong

Well, they said "Through a source ...". So, they didn't hack.

Haha yeah that's why it's shady as fuck! Did the solicit this 'source' themselves? I not like we have heard anywhere else that someone had hacked VJs email and Bangkok airways account, that's big news!
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:08:33 PM

When I  Duckgo for "Thomas Clark" koh chang, as 2nd result there is one video about elephant riding, that says "by Thomas Clark", but in reality it is by someone called Joel Oleson. Google doesn't find it with these keywords.

Elephant Jungle Trekking in Thailand ... ROSITA'S ELEPHANT RIDE @ KOH CHANG THAILAND - Duration: ... by Thomas Clark 4,962 views.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22Thomas+Clark%22+koh+chang&t=ffsb

Some guys on myplanetganja have a picture of Thomas Clark. Would like to see that.

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:04:02 PM

When I  Duckgo for "Thomas Clark" koh chang, as 2nd result there is one video about elephant riding, that says "by Thomas Clark", but in reality it is by someone called Joel Oleson. Google doesn't find it with these keywords.

Elephant Jungle Trekking in Thailand ... ROSITA'S ELEPHANT RIDE @ KOH CHANG THAILAND - Duration: ... by Thomas Clark 4,962 views.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22Thomas+Clark%22+koh+chang&t=ffsb

Some guys on myplanetganja have a picture of Thomas Clark. Would like to see that.

see:https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22Joel+Oleson%22%2B%22Thomas+Clark%22&t=ffsb

If you look at the yahoo cache of Joel's vid page a Thomas Clark video is listed in the sidebar( https://www.youtube.com/user/JungleMasterUSA/videos (Thomas Clark)).

That's probably why duck duck go was hitting your search. Youtube was linking "Jungle Trekking" (Elephant Jungle Trekking in Thailand) with Thomas Clark... this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwM9Ygs9QeA. If you search for "Jungle trekking"+"Thomas Clark" you get more non-related links from youtube linking to thejunglemaster.

Just look at the page views for the respective videos. Family man has upper 5322 views, and junglemaster has 4993 (*had*  4,962). See the ... in Duration: ... by Thomas Clark 4,962? It means Thomas Clark(junglemaster (another innocent bystander)) had a video in the side bar cached with those results. You idiot.
http://junglemaster.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TheJungleMaster

Looks like a missionary based out of the Amazon. Pretty sure it's a miss.

Don't you think this slack-jawed lynch mob hair-trigger finger pointing mentality is kind of unseemly, and *slightly* unfair on said guys above? I mean, the guy you're fingering has kids and all and doesn't at all fit the profile and the other dude, who threw your result, is a frikken missionary!!!

I don't think it's unfair to post some search results, but you should rethink, if your posting wasn't a little overreacting to a simple linking with no accusations whatsoever, you idiot?

Mikel

Activity: 19
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:20:25 PM

http://www.myplanetganja.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11022

He's back
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:43:55 PM

Shocked

Variety Jones in the news.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:46:59 AM

AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:38:30 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 07:42:08 AM by AGD

Some of the questions I am waiting to be answered still in my lifetime:

1. Why VJ is in favour of killing a man, without having any evidence?
2. Will VJ really be doing a sightseeing tour with a helicopter, while beeing in the US, even after finding out, that Ross has saved his compromising  chatlogs?

PoM, if you read this, consider explaining (1.) to have your bad image removed and let (2.) be answered with headlines  Lips sealed
Waiting to read more from you on MPG. Made me an account over there ... Cheesy

edit: I want to add some quotes of PoMs recent statements on MPG, which I found interesting, away of beeing entertained by his general writing style:

So I've got this trip planned, to the Big Apple. Golly gee and shucks, I shure am looking forward to seeing the big city 'n stuff. I'm not sure exactly where I'm gonna be staying when I get there, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of them 'state of the art' facilities, if you know what I mean.

I really never thought it possible that I would be in a position to have to say that no, I didn't architect anything, I was too busy being in Wandsworth fucking prison. Life, she deals you some strange curves sometimes, don't she.

This one time, I accidentally built a large, high-tech, totally bitchin' modified atmosphere, high lumens cannabis grow operation above Choy's Chinese Food restaurant in Surbiton, Surrey, Merry Olde England.

Now, while I was building it, I also needed to decide what to grow in it. Having access to literally millions of seeds representing over 3,000 strains of ganja in my seed fridges, it was indeed a dilemma.

Q: What happened to these strains? Confiscated?

Speaking of misconceptions, a few folks seem to think I have something to do with varietyjones.com. Nope, now that's just someone fucking about for the sheer joy of fucking about, I'm thinking. I looked at it once about a week ago when I found out about it, and yeah, it made me giggle. Someones got panache, eh.

Like I said ... copycat.

gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:33:52 AM

He will never be back.I hope he writes an autobiography to enlighten what has happened.

What I know is, he is a Swiss guy.

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:57:57 PM

He will never be back.I hope he writes an autobiography to enlighten what has happened.

What I know is, he is a Swiss guy.

Care to put some light on that?

gablay12
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:37:22 AM

He had many affairs with woman, one of them was a office mate whom we were working close at that time.She was spending time with him at least a few hours with him either on line or live.She told me that he had met a mid aged guy from Switzerland.According to her definition he was an intelligent, well educated ad rich guy.He was interested in online commerce, marketing and he was writing codes.She told me that he was mentioning similarities with a swiss pocket knife and himself.After a while, she was depressed and told me that he is gone.Why?He confessed that he was V.J and and to avoid troubles he flew to a far destination (she told me the country, however I do not want to share here).The last info, VJ was married at least once married.

Now, I know that V.J was also a charachter at Caribbean Pirates.I do not know why he mentioned Swiss Army Pocket Knife.I know that he was a middle aged and charming guy and loved luxuary.

She also told me he was ego centric and enjoyed talking about his influence.Any way, it was him in an indirect way influenced me to have a BTC miner farm.I have never met him face to face.I do not have very close relations with her, however she is having a high(er) standard at her life, having long trips and journeys and she is unemployed.

Autobiography or biography of VJ would be interesting to read.I have personal opinions about him, but without having an evidence or withness it will be just another guess.

AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:46:23 AM

Want to read something: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/forgotten-silk-road-architect-variety-jones-appears-to-be-back-online

AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:58:18 AM

Based on what PoM is writing, he is not Variety Jones, because he was in jail at the time VJ registered at Silk Road.

If that statement is true, there must be someone out there who took over his online life. Like Jesus Malverde on MPG stated:

Joined 6 years, 3 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 8 hours ago.

Postby Jesús Malverde » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:07 am
I think your ire is perhaps a little misplaced PoM, I'm not the one calling out Thomas Clark as definitively being VJ at Silk Road. Vice/Motherboard, a pretty high profile journalism site you may have heard of *is*, based on apparently hacked email and airline accounts they believe to be authentic. Here's the link to the article as it appears you may have missed it: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/these- ... -silk-road If you've been wrongly identified by the journalists, I sincerely apologize for believing in this presumably wrong identification and being rash enough to say aloud what everyone watching the drama unfold was/is probably thinking. I'm not the one you should worry about trying to make this about you and Silk Road--that's happening in the mainstream press right now. I'd think your real beef would be with the journos who hacked those accounts, misread what they contained and wrongly put you in UK seed seller and computer security whiz VJ's shoes at Silk Road and--even far, far more so--with the VJ account holder himself who very deliberately and pretty convincingly impersonated, implicated, and dragged you into the whole Silk Road drama and splashed his mud all over your good name. That VJ account holder at SR is at the bottom the only reason your name was ever associated with Silk Road in the first place. Minus that, nobody would connect you with SR. Whomever ran that VJ account at Silk Road should probably be the focus of your undivided attention. Although I would be careful as he may also be Satan part-time. Besides as server logs would undoubtedly prove, nobody reads MPG here; a whole lot of people read Vice.

I still believe whomever was behind the Silk Road VJ account is LE, whether DEA or another alphabet soup agency. I'm again deeply sorry if his frame job fooled me (and about everyone else), I rashly reacted like an asshole, and you had nothing to do with it. If you and your story has nothing to do with Silk Road, I think you'll find the world will be pretty much uninterested in that story. That's really the whole hook that piqued people's interest as obviously it was front page news

gablay12
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:43:09 AM

As a matter of fact I do not believe VJ will turn and post at any forum at any time with VJ nick and/or any nich to be ralated with VJ.He has gone, retired with a huge amount of money.

There are many people around to have skills and willing to claim to VJ.VJ is a legend.Although I believe he has been over rated and exagerated he is one of the most well known charachters in BTC community.

If I had a chance to overtake his accounts, would I do?No.To overtake his accounts means to over take all the charges and sentences.If someone needns to attract the attention on himself he may claim to be VJ.

VJ has a style, the way he uses his English, sentence formation etc must be studied.The timing of his posts may show you the location/city he had lived.

Well, I am not going to detect his real identity, still I would like to know the details of his story.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:37:47 PM

As a matter of fact I do not believe VJ will turn and post at any forum at any time with VJ nick and/or any nich to be ralated with VJ.He has gone, retired with a huge amount of money.

There are many people around to have skills and willing to claim to VJ.VJ is a legend.Although I believe he has been over rated and exagerated he is one of the most well known charachters in BTC community.

If I had a chance to overtake his accounts, would I do?No.To overtake his accounts means to over take all the charges and sentences.If someone needns to attract the attention on himself he may claim to be VJ.

VJ has a style, the way he uses his English, sentence formation etc must be studied.The timing of his posts may show you the location/city he had lived.

Well, I am not going to detect his real identity, still I would like to know the details of his story.

The way I read it is that the LEOs have control of the account, posting in such manner to hopefully nail somebodies.

AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:18:37 AM

The way I read it is that the LEOs have control of the account, posting in such manner to hopefully nail somebodies.

If you include Ross' private chatlogs, it doesn't seem that easy.

-

AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:43:39 PM

Today:

Plural of Mongoose wrote:

Oh hey, I'm having a grand old time, and could live like this, well, forever. Unfortunately, there are other people involved; innocent people who could get hurt or worse if somebody doesn't stop it. I can't in good conscience stand by and see that happen, and the only way I can see to stop it is to walk up to the front doors and speak truth to power. Unfortunately, they'll slap me in irons for my efforts. :frown:

I am, however, the master of my own destiny. I'm only at this point because of decisions I've made, and I'll have to live with the consequences of those decisions. Eventually, we all do.

Just glad I've got a little forum here to share my plans with some friends, before I make the leap.

Respect!!!

OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:31:33 AM

So it was PoM... shocked  Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: