Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is "Variety Jones"?  (Read 47163 times)
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:04:56 AM

PoM is not the kinda guy, who will be standing in court with empty hands. I hope he can clear things up and I also hope that this unfair sentence, Ross is confronted with, will be cut down. Good luck PoM!

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:23:24 PM

Legally speaking... He is boned. While he did nothing more than talk with Ross about ideas, Ross took it upon himself to do some of these things, which goes down as an overt act. Conspiracy charges stick, and one more brilliant mind is rotting away for life. It sucks to the highest magnitude, but will happen the way our bogus drug laws work.  I hope he has enjoyed the last 2 years.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:38:09 PM

http://www.myplanetganja.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11022&start=120#p144158

also

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/variety-jones-a-corrupt-fbi-agent-is-hunting-me-so-im-turning-myself-in

TLDR: A corrupt FBI agent wants the keys to a stolen encrypted bitcoin wallet from SR and is threatening to kidnap/torture/kill people who could help him get it.

AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:59:13 PM

There are some really evil actors out there, with the tools to fuck with everybodys life, like .. in a minute! Satisfying is, that these fucktards also make errors, like "Carl" or "--cwt". PoM was probably the wrong nigger to fuck wit.  Cool
Well, I hope, that this story will have some kind of happy ending...

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:31:25 PM

http://www.myplanetganja.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11022&start=120#p144158

also

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/variety-jones-a-corrupt-fbi-agent-is-hunting-me-so-im-turning-myself-in

TLDR: A corrupt FBI agent wants the keys to a stolen encrypted bitcoin wallet from SR and is threatening to kidnap/torture/kill people who could help him get it.

This has got to be the coolest soap opera on the web Shocked

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 11:19:30 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 11:33:35 PM by BayAreaCoins

Jesus fucking Christ PoM......

Well... someone needs to make the mother and sister aware for their safety ASAP.

Nothing worse than fucking dealing with a Federally trained agent with a nasty agenda... not fun.

I would strongly advise people not to fuck with or contact "Diamond".

I don't think there is anyway of a happy ending at this point.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:35:56 PM

Well... someone needs to make the mother and sister aware for their safety ASAP.

Nothing worse than fucking dealing with a Federally trained agent with a nasty agenda... not fun.

I don't think there is any way of a happy ending at this point.

When nobodys gets hurt it may already is. When PoM's story is true, there is also a lower sentence for Ross possible, which I would call a real happy ending.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 11:41:27 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 01:08:47 AM by BayAreaCoins

I don't think there is any way of a happy ending at this point.

When nobodys gets hurt it may already is. When PoM's story is true, there is also a lower sentence for Ross possible, which I would call a real happy ending.

I hope you are right.

If you think no one is going to get hurt at this point then you haven't been around this type of scene much.

Even with PoM's post... if something happens to someone... with no witnesses it makes very few fucks.

You would not believe how much information a bucket of water and a pillow case can yield a properly trained person.  Problem with that is... if you don't finish them off after you'll have a witness to worry about.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:20:24 AM

I don't understand why if "FED" had boots on the ground in PoM's area why wouldn't they secure target...

I don't understand how PoM thinks he would be safer in jail... that's the worst place in regards to being easy to get touched.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:29:26 AM

Not to be contrary, but I always imagined VJ as a LEO. He seemed way too pushy about murdering people. IDK

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:36:37 AM

Not to be contrary, but I always imagined VJ as a LEO. He seemed way too pushy about murdering people. IDK

Hitting people is part of the game.  Even the police let the underworld hit each other for the most part.

Only having to wack a handful of people for a multi billion dollar market is honestly doing pretty damn good compared to most.

People get hit for pesos in places.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:40:06 AM

Wow this latest break in the story is crazy. I hope the post VJ made and messages he sent will lead to the cature of the crooked FBI agent that is extorting millions and is crazy enough to torture innocent women. What people will do for money... just insane!

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:47:15 AM

I received an email back from Ms. Ulbricht and they are aware of the posts made in regards to their safety.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:53:02 AM

I am not intimately familiar with all of the details regarding Variety Jones, so those who have been looking into him for longer may feel these may be stupid questions.

Is the PGP key that "Plural of Mongoose" from myPlanetGanga is signing from in some way associated with VJ?

Is "Plural of Mongoose" somehow associated with VJ? (I assume that it is somewhat known/assumed they are one in the same)

This one is more for speculation: Where exactly did this 300,000BTC come from? It is my understanding that there was a spreadsheet found on Ross's computer with a rough accounting of SR1's profit/losses that roughly matched the amount of BTC seized from the SR1 servers and Ross's laptop.

This 300,000BTC claimed amount is roughly 10x larger then the sum of the amounts seized from SR1, and it is not easy to hide that much BTC that is associated with a DNM, so if these coins are somehow associated with SR1 then I would have thought that someone would have said something about them by now.

Sure it is possible that these would be Ross's personal BTC, however this would open up an even larger can of worms. The low price going back to July 2010 was $0.06, and 300,000BTC would be worth roughly $18,000 at that price, however it was reported that Ross invested ~$25,000 to start Silk Road, and I really can't see him investing that much in bitcoin compared to how much he invested in starting Silk Road.

Also the post bubble 2013 low price was roughly $76, which would value the 300kBTC at roughly $22.8 million. I understand that Ross was running SR1 because of his libertarian political views, but he was also running it as a for profit enterprise, which would make little sense to me if he had a separate stash of 300kBTC somewhere - although given sufficient amounts of time, SR1 would likely have been profitable in the long run, however IIRC it was roughly $2,000,000 in the red as of when Ross was arrested because of losses and extortion payments.

I am not saying what was written is untrue, however the 300,000BTC claimed encrypted wallet creates more questions then that guy's post answers.....
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:14:16 AM

I am not intimately familiar with all of the details regarding Variety Jones, so those who have been looking into him for longer may feel these may be stupid questions.

Is the PGP key that "Plural of Mongoose" from myPlanetGanga is signing from in some way associated with VJ?

Is "Plural of Mongoose" somehow associated with VJ? (I assume that it is somewhat known/assumed they are one in the same)

This one is more for speculation: Where exactly did this 300,000BTC come from? It is my understanding that there was a spreadsheet found on Ross's computer with a rough accounting of SR1's profit/losses that roughly matched the amount of BTC seized from the SR1 servers and Ross's laptop.

This 300,000BTC claimed amount is roughly 10x larger then the sum of the amounts seized from SR1, and it is not easy to hide that much BTC that is associated with a DNM, so if these coins are somehow associated with SR1 then I would have thought that someone would have said something about them by now.

Sure it is possible that these would be Ross's personal BTC, however this would open up an even larger can of worms. The low price going back to July 2010 was $0.06, and 300,000BTC would be worth roughly $18,000 at that price, however it was reported that Ross invested ~$25,000 to start Silk Road, and I really can't see him investing that much in bitcoin compared to how much he invested in starting Silk Road.

Also the post bubble 2013 low price was roughly $76, which would value the 300kBTC at roughly $22.8 million. I understand that Ross was running SR1 because of his libertarian political views, but he was also running it as a for profit enterprise, which would make little sense to me if he had a separate stash of 300kBTC somewhere - although given sufficient amounts of time, SR1 would likely have been profitable in the long run, however IIRC it was roughly $2,000,000 in the red as of when Ross was arrested because of losses and extortion payments.

I am not saying what was written is untrue, however the 300,000BTC claimed encrypted wallet creates more questions then that guy's post answers.....

Maybe Ross was telling the truth about beeing tricked back into the site after he had sold it. The 300k BTC could be the money from the guy who bought SR from Ross and took over the DPR moniker. It was very easy for a leading FBI officer to tamper all chatlogs, to make sure Ross gets a life sentence.
PoM's story is somewhat inconsistent in some parts and IF he was making this story up for whatever reason, he should think about what could happen, when some organized guys from Mexico start brainstorming about how to extract 75MioUSD from a guy in jail...

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:39:37 PM

Hmmm, it is possible that the 300,000 BTC is from the sale of SR1 although I am not sure I believe that it was sold. It was also no secret that SR was the target of law enforcement, so I think it would be a very bad idea to be within "a mile" of running SR after selling it, or really even be in any kind of communication with the new owner.

Another inconsistency in POM/VJ's story is that he most likely gave more then enough information for him to get DOX'ed but he had claimed that his identity would not be revealed in the beginning of the story. Also I find it strange that diamond/-cwt was able to so easily DOX VJ despite so little information being available about him, and the lack of any trace of his RL identity.

My speculation is that the story is meant to be something that might be able to generate "reasonable doubt" in Ross's case.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:18:35 PM

Hmmm, it is possible that the 300,000 BTC is from the sale of SR1 although I am not sure I believe that it was sold. It was also no secret that SR was the target of law enforcement, so I think it would be a very bad idea to be within "a mile" of running SR after selling it, or really even be in any kind of communication with the new owner.

Another inconsistency in POM/VJ's story is that he most likely gave more then enough information for him to get DOX'ed but he had claimed that his identity would not be revealed in the beginning of the story. Also I find it strange that diamond/-cwt was able to so easily DOX VJ despite so little information being available about him, and the lack of any trace of his RL identity.

My speculation is that the story is meant to be something that might be able to generate "reasonable doubt" in Ross's case.

The fact, that VJ is PoM is Thomas Clark, was known, even long before LaMoustache's research or Motherboards super duper doxxing. His affinity for Thailand was also no secret and if somebody really wanted to find him, it was possible with some deeper investigation.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:24:14 PM

Or, it could be that VJ is Diamond who has somehow managed to steal the wallet before the SR shutdown, and is now trying to get the password from Ross.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6090

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:29:03 PM

Or, it could be that VJ is Diamond who has somehow managed to steal the wallet before the SR shutdown, and is now trying to get the password from Ross.

Well guess what , he aint getting shit . Ross is going to stay his whole life in jail and his mother already stated in different interviews .. that there is no hidden wallet , and no hidden BTC out there , at least not something she is aware of .
But seems like his parents are doing there best to get him out of there , his mother also spoke about couple of corrupt FBI agents http://freeross.org/donate-now-2/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:31:14 PM

The fact, that VJ is PoM is Thomas Clark, was known, even long before LaMoustache's research or Motherboards super duper doxxing. His affinity for Thailand was also no secret and if somebody really wanted to find him, it was possible with some deeper investigation.
Well the fact that he was "wanted" by immigration was not known (AFAIK), and I suspect that the size of various bounties for capture/arrest are somewhat public information.

The DOJ has arrested every SR1 moderator except those who were working officially in law enforcement except for VJ (I don't think VJ was a mod, however his involvement was probably great enough so that the DOJ would have charged him with something, probably conspiracy). If it would *really* be that easy to find VJ then I would have thought the DOJ would have done so by now.

I doubt this
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: