Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts  (Read 659716 times)
nodav

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Early Bitcoin investor.

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:25:49 PM

I want to share some information about this topic

You should check always your task manager in your computer if there is any running application which you found ambiguous and end the process.

Next is check your startup folder if there is  any application hidden. Because some of application or any virus cannot be detected by anti virus.

thanks for the advice. tried it, it worked out

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:29:26 AM

There is new Trojan Malware that has been recently discovered that steals crypto from your wallet replacing destination address from clipboard memory. Targeted currencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monreo and Dash. So far 140.000$ was stolen from users wallets.
Always double check your destination address comparing before sending.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:54:27 AM

It's true this is a kind of virus that is of course very harmful to all those who have crypto that is stored in a wallet they have and this is very good information that you mention as this will make me more careful of malware infection very dangerous for us all especially the crypto holders who have a lot of crypto that is stored in the wallet site they have. because I think the impact of a malware infection that can steal data we have. and I will continue to look for an accurate in-depth avoiding the negative impact of this malware virus infection possibly from a trusted browser or site that contains the article.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dixonchan

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:30:31 PM

Thanks this was very informative. I guess this forum is a big target for malware developers who want to steal easy crypto money.
Burgergad

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:26:04 PM

There is new Trojan Malware that has been recently discovered that steals crypto from your wallet replacing destination address from clipboard memory. Targeted currencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monreo and Dash. So far 140.000$ was stolen from users wallets.

Well, I understand that these viruses simply follow the system and your wallet, how much money there is on it, and when the amount they need appears, they can steal it. I so see it, because otherwise they would not have been able to do it, it's very difficult. But maybe I'm wrong

Mu7enR0shi

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:39:14 PM

Thank you for the Information! I am new to this forum and still need to learn a lot.  Smiley
I had a problem with a signature, I clicked on somebodies and got to some weird site. I hope my Antivirus blocked everything, but I am not sure.
mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:20:35 PM

I'm new to forum and I'm still reading topics for beginners. By reading this thread I could not even imagine how careful you must be. What I noticed is that many users have signatures and advertisements within their posts. Is it possible that some of these advertisements might have a hidden Malvare link?

That's a good point.  I've become super paranoid myself.  Install antivirus that scans your browser in real time. 
Check for any toolbars you may have installed that record keystrokes.
If in doubt, go dark and remove everything.

i'm still terrified :-)

Nobody can be trusted today.
I can see here only some nice fellows with whom it is really to discuss the question of cryptocurrencies. Few people only!
And of course it should be necessary rule for all users to be beware about any kind of strange links.

I have also heard those infection attempts. We should be careful with every link that we are about to open. Even if those links are coming from people we trust it doesn't mean anything because they might also be infected.
Burgergad

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:33:55 PM

I'm new to forum and I'm still reading topics for beginners. By reading this thread I could not even imagine how careful you must be. What I noticed is that many users have signatures and advertisements within their posts. Is it possible that some of these advertisements might have a hidden Malvare link?

That's a good point.  I've become super paranoid myself.  Install antivirus that scans your browser in real time. 
Check for any toolbars you may have installed that record keystrokes.
If in doubt, go dark and remove everything.

i'm still terrified :-)

Nobody can be trusted today.
I can see here only some nice fellows with whom it is really to discuss the question of cryptocurrencies. Few people only!
And of course it should be necessary rule for all users to be beware about any kind of strange links.

I have also heard those infection attempts. We should be careful with every link that we are about to open. Even if those links are coming from people we trust it doesn't mean anything because they might also be infected.

Yes, caution is not superfluous, but also security depends on what kind of operating system you have, I've heard that an apple hack is much harder than all other operating systems

saif.shaikha

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

"The Best ICO with Best ROI:: Cube"

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:23:34 AM

The information on this topic is very helpful in understanding the security threats and all the possible way a computer can get infected by malware. Anyone involved in crypto currencies should pay close attention to protecting one's computer from malwares as a signle infection can wipe out your wallet. As a precaution, I always follow following
1. Never download or install any mining software or wallet from unknown source.
2. Have a good anti virus and malware protection running on your computer
3. Avoid using online wallets as you may fall for a phising scam
4. Stay careful when visiting doubtful sites which have lots of ads and popups.

RajalanRami

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:09:13 AM

I have received some email scams that are trying to link me to change passwords and there they are picking your details and maybe a password. Never trust senders like these and always check if the address is right. For example (i.instagram..... is a well thought out fake insta address) that is not too easy to be realize. To stay safe just use two (or more) steps authentication everywhere if that is possible!
Nikola282828

Activity: 219
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:47:59 AM

Yes, I agree you need to be careful,I have a friend 3 of ether were stolen during the transfer.
kain134

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:50:31 AM

Hi I run the lastest verion of linux mint and I have recently started to store some keys (encrypted with password) of various cryptos with small amount of funds on them on my linux system that I also surf with. Eventually those keys will just be stored on paper and offline system but for now I have them on my online system.

What can I do to protect myself from linux malware getting copies of my keys (and possibly bruteforcing the password) or other nasty tricks they can pull of.

I am thinking of getting an usb stick with a live linux enviroment. That way every time I boot from it's a blanc copy.

So as long as I downloaded the iso from a trusted source and check the hashes I should be safe.

I already boot in to tails OS once in a while but they the Electrum wallet build in and I want wallets for more then just bitcoin.

So any tips and tricks in keeping my keys safe? Should I start running additional software on my linux system next to iptables firewall?

I am pretty new to linux too so I don't know how vulnerable my system is from outside interference.  I have my system set to install security updates. But imagine somebody getting acces to a popular linux distory and infecting and pushing out an update. That would be a disaster.

I like to boot .iso files from my usb drive with easy2boot on it, and hopefully there will be a system where easy2boot can calculate the hash of the .iso file so I can always check that hash vs what I have written down on a piece of paper before I load the .iso

The chain of safety in my eyes goes like this.

paper wallet/offline storage > offline linux system > trusted hardware wallet > linux live CD enviroment > online linux system. 

Feel free to correct me. Being your own bank is not easy! This new digital gold is every hackers dream. You can go to jail for 10 years and dream about that one private key that you have in memory and come out of jail a billionare (if the chain still exist and your coin still has value). 
Burgergad

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:53:38 PM

Yes, I agree you need to be careful,I have a friend 3 of ether were stolen during the transfer.
3 ETH is not much, I'll tell you honestly. There are viruses now that wait when you have on your wallet the amount of money they need, and only then they steal it. Already more than once faced with such and such information.

alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 10:10:06 PM

everywhere I set up two-factor authentication. all passwords on a flash drive and on paper. no remote access software. cleaning the cookies after using the exchange.
I thought that this was enough ....
read the topic and realized that this little ((
efrencres

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:02:47 AM

correct me if im wrong but maleware its generecly for executables in windows no? i mean the wallets are but its not kaspersky enough?
if not why do we need to protect from the case of reteiving passorws from the users and other stuff from enven pen drives with wallets (including the common coins ones) like doge ltc btc and a few more.

There's different types of malwares out there. some are responsible for executable program attack on windows. Not just windows. Hackers uses malwares also to intrude into other operating systems such as android/linux and macintosh/apple. And now hackers are just human after all they can evaluate, and fortify their malwares using encryption to cloak-up its intentions and codes.

Types of Malware:
1. Financial Malware - who attacks on most of the systems that are connected in financial firm/institution these malwares can be found commonly on banks, large businesses, online shops.
2. Ransom Malwares - it crawls into your system unnoticed and identify your very important documents location and lock them down. you cannot access your files unless you will pay the ransom in bitcoin indicated by the Ransomware.
3. Advertisement Malware - it focuses to intrude into your system to feed its resources and to make it a fullblown advertisement PC.. you will notice that because both your desktop and browsers has alot of appearance of unwanted advertisement and programs that is uncommon for you to see.
4. Phishing Malware - it is the same as Financial malware though this one is cannot be noticed quickly if you are too fast just looking at the logo or message on the screen without lookin at the actual URL in the address bar of your browser. It clones legit websites that you commonly use like Yahoo, bank website and so on.. just to deceive you and to let you login your username and password. once you are done login with that fake website then your inputted login and password will be sent into the hacker who made the Phishing site. not just username it can also get your Credit Card details if you are not careful. Even paypal has a phishing site made by hackers and also they send fake email messages that your account is suspended just to let you login in hurry.
5. Rootkit - it is part of the malwares and it is the main. If you are successful eliminating all 1 to 4 within your anti-virus but not this one still your computer not safe because this rootkits is the platform who initiate connection between the hacker and your computer to deploy malwares.

Hope this information will be enough to explain to you.. Have a nice day ^^.
Toden1379

Activity: 246

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:18:52 PM

This is really educational... Be cautious with everything. At all times be cautious with what kind of files you download and run into your machine. Both may include untraceable and nondetectable malware.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
markymarkusa1

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:10:51 PM

It would be very helpful to know which coins have malware. 
wavi1680

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:36:53 PM

Packed/FUD executables
In most of the cases above, the malware has little to now detections on virustotal. This is because any script kiddie can pay $30 and have their malware crypted, rendering them fully undetectable.

yes i have personal experience with the above mention,

i am a programmer and works of the casuals as creating stubs with varies on service of the payloads

and sometimes to put the keylogger function as the stubs to deliver for public as having with less on potentials of exchange for the good money.

but still i need to sees work by the other side of computer as referring use of unit with chance of qualification.

steam is ok but prefers the bitcoin,

facebook is fine as likes of more if those with the yahoogroup milist with the active channel.

so if interested to work with the creation of service on GUI payloads with the deliverance,
please prepare with as least of $400 for exchange with the good work as contains with the keylogger Tongue

the thirst of wills to run the BObot with the real plan.

greeting from kerala,

Rago Milkesh
The Smuggler
smajler

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:51:01 PM

Good antivirus is a basis, without him I had many attempts on my computer.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Burgergad

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:25:06 PM

Good antivirus is a basis, without him I had many attempts on my computer.
Unfortunately, even a good antivirus installed on the computer at the moment is not the maximum protection, since the money in the crypto currency is very large and it is practically impossible to track or punish the fraudster now that they are developing very serious viruses.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: