Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 07:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts  (Read 739334 times)
dylanarora789

Activity: 490
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:09:36 PM

Now a days a lot of phishing and malware infected hacking attempts are happening due to bad guys
who want to steel your personal information specially private keys. Block chain technology is a good
technology but still it has a lot of problems that need to be addressed. I want in every cryptocurrency
wallet there should be double factor authentication key that work with Google authenticator.
dylanarora789

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:13:35 PM

Now a days a lot of phishing and malware infected hacking attempts are happening
due to bad guys who want to steel your personal information specially private keys.
Block chain technology is a good technology but still it has a lot of problems that
need to be addressed. I want in every cryptocurrency wallet there should be
double factor authentication key that work with Google authenticator.
ady_crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:53:37 PM

somebody took my ether today from mew. how can that be possible?
Becassine

Activity: 1890
Merit: 815

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:53:48 PM

somebody took my ether today from mew. how can that be possible?

Maybe you were connected on the wrong MEW, I mean a fake site. You should follow security instructions from MEW

DON'T GET PHISHED, please! 🎣 Thank you! 🤗
1. BOOKMARK MYETHERWALLET.COM      2. INSTALL EAL or MetaMask or Cryptonite

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:34:04 PM

Just seeing this. Thanks for the security info. I will try to be careful with any downloads and website visits. Hackers are on the rampage nowadays

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
SchiefelbeinBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:00:25 AM

Seriously? Is this the state of btcs now? then I am gonna quit from it.
IMNOOBODY

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:34:31 PM

This is terrible, I really thank you, because I almost caught, and now I start to install Adblock, I hope to block all the malwares from online websites.

I'm also was nearly caught with that scammers, also you can use not only adblock for this, adguard works good too, and blocking more, then adblock, as I see
omarsir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:08:42 PM

As a member of Newbie it is a terrific and discussing matter for me. I think do we need to be beware of increasingly sophisticated malware infection attempts after moving we can also earn easily coin as well bit coin forum help and I hope to block all malware to protect and save our cirrency
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:54:19 AM

I have not seen a reply in a while. Has there been less malware or is this still a major concern?
argonresonates3

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:57:39 AM

How the hell are the malwares doing edition to forums post? It can only be changed by the participants though
pyroandy

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:41:30 AM

This thread was started on January 25, 2015, I was just wondering how relevant it is today?
snuggleGuru

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:59:30 AM

This thread was started on January 25, 2015, I was just wondering how relevant it is today?

I would say it is more relevant than it was in 2015. All it takes is one 0-day, no virus scan or firewall or NAT protocol or custom iptables will save you from something no one but the person who created it knows about. Just because its not logged in the CVE, metasploit db, exploit-db, google hacking database, etc. does not mean it doesn't exist.
RakknRoll

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:56:51 PM

Malware destroys the data software of your program. It may captures the data prior to encryption via key press activity or memory scrapping.
So one of the action you may do to avoid this incident is to lockdown internet access.
JoshuaBlack1

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:19:37 PM

The lengths they go too, just makes me take security even more serious
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:55:49 AM

Thanks for the information, it is really very important. Recently, a lot of messages containing malicious files come to my mail, they look like a normal picture. Be careful!
mrsray

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

I ❤ Mastern✿des

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 10:57:08 AM

yes, whatever the trend is ... hackers will follow.  They know where their markets are for destroying peoples computers and stealing from them.

BEFORE you install any wallets for coins on your computer, you better make sure you are 'virus free'

then also 'beware' and live very cautiously.    The virtual box is a good idea to live cautiously.

whatever you do, its better to have two computers, one for your 'real' assets and the other for everything else.  PLUS have the paid pro version of malwarebytes.

2FA is a must and you must also write down the code. In case your phone dies.

encrypt your wallets
"they get you is by downloading a virus infected wallet from an airdrop or something. That wallet is saved in your roaming data along with the rest of your wallets. Then they simply steal the data from that file which holds all your wallet data files. If they are not encrypted then boom all coins gone"

credit to XrayRomeoPappa

"number one way hackers get you is by have you accidentally click on a fake exchange website too look the same as the original. Most people don't read the search bar completely. Then the instant you hit log in an API bought has already changed your password and is removing your funds"

watch what url's you are going to.

for example

microsoft.com

vs

microsoft.supportguys.com

You want to make sure you are going to and logging into REAL sites and not phishing sites
sounds dumb but LOADS of people going to site microsoft.supportguys.com will tell you they went to to microsoft' s website

lastly keep up with your OS updates, make sure your OS is supported with security updates

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

●●    ●●
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pyroandy

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:59:18 PM

Thank You Mrsray for your thoughts on these attacks. Do anybody know of a good website that tracks these trends? that mite put out email alerts? That way you may not get caught with your pants down.
eMusic

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:59:38 PM

Thanks for helping the community stay informed!

Looks much more sophisticated than the attempts that I have heard/read about.

Cheers : )
TheHerdsman

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:51:48 PM

This information is still valid today, check out the post below and stay safe!

How to keep your home computer malware free.

How could it happen?
Clicking a link or attachment in email.
Visiting a website that has malware installed. Depending on your browser settings and what plug-ins you have installed (Flash, Java, Acrobat Reader) malicious software could be installed on your computer without out you knowledge.

What could happen?
You could loose all the data on your computer.
All the data on your computer could be held for ransom.
Your computer could be used to commit crimes.
Your personal information could be stolen.
Someone could access all of your accounts.
Someone could log everything you type.
Someone could access all the files on your computer.

Prevention
Update your operating system and third party applications.
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

Disable auto run for Plug-Ins
In Google Chrome navigate to chrome://settings/content.
Under Plug-ins select Click to play.
You can add exceptions by going to chrome://settings/content, Plug-ins, and clicking "Manage exceptions..."

Use a DNS server that blocks known malicious sites
Symantec https://dns.norton.com/
Comodo https://www.comodo.com/secure-dns/

Use Windows Defender on Windows 8 or Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7
They are free and affective.

Buy and install MalwareBytes Premium and Malware Bytes Anti-Exploit Premium ($25 Each)

Be suspicious about links and attachments in emails. Don't click them.

Backup your data
Use BitTorrent Sync to sync your data with another computer.
Use and application like Acronis TruImage to make a scheduled backup to an external drive. Get two external drives and rotate them regularly. Keep one copy at a different location.
Use a cloud based backup service like Carbonite, Crashplan or Backblaze.

Consider replacing your current router with with a UTM (Unified Threat Management) firewall that has security software built in. Note that most of these are relatively expensive and require ongoing subscriptions.
Example http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008719/

Be careful with remote access to your PC
Don't use VNC to remotely access your PC. Passwords are easily brute forced via automated scanning scripts. For best security consider two-factor authentication.
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:03:47 PM

Malware infections can destroy the important data in your business. This incident may occur by the web hackers.
It can turns or change the data information in to useless thing. Then they wil transmit the stolen data to an external FTP server. FTP is a process of transferring data files from one computer to another over a network.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: