Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinarch  (Read 1701 times)
coinarch

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:54:25 AM

you've got a point and still its better not to fully trust this new businesses. Invest what you can afford to lose

Agree Seketsuna. Good advice for any investment, especially with leverage.

coinarch.com | Do More Than Buy & Sell Bitcoin
coinarch

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 02:00:12 AM

Probably they are lying. That's how this site working. Investment without risk is possible only if one doing some insider trading.

Hi Snail2, key point here is that there IS risk. What we do is allow you to limit your risk to your investment amount, meaning you can perfectly control how much you can lose.

No reward without risk, that much is definitely true!

coinarch

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:12:01 AM

but as evident by the OP and all the people replying, I agree the site does a poor job at explaining the risks involved and at first glance comes a bit shady.  Their videos make me cringe on multiple occasions, and only come across as dishonest by clearly explaining the upsides. Showing a P/L chart with the x axis as bitcoin price, and y as the profit would go a long way to making it clear the risks/rewards being offered.

Or better yet, they could use the proper terminology (calls, puts, spreads, etc.) that 95% of people who would be willing to make such trades already know and understand. If you want to explain them simply, do so -- but as someone with extensive experience in derivatives even after watching the video I had no idea what the maximizer was until I studied the form UI

Thanks for the feedback, espringe. Our videos aim to introduce our products at a high level to people who may not have had extensive exposure to them before, hence avoiding some more involved financial language.

Always happy to improve, so we will definitely take your feedback on board for our next videos.

ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:12:29 AM

I wouldn't invest in something that promise to earn money without risks.

that looks like a leveraging platform
coinarch

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 04:55:09 AM

I wouldn't invest in something that promise to earn money without risks.

that looks like a leveraging platform

Hi ticoti, you are right that our platform offers leverage (among other things).

We are certainly not promising returns without risk, however; all we say is that your losses are limited to the capital you invest meaning you can control your downside risk.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 05:27:26 AM

so the Coinarch  platform is similar to the one offered at btc.sx?
just trying to make a comparison before I jump it.

lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:02:42 AM

Im confused, coinarch is trading or gambling
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:17:11 AM

Probably they are lying. That's how this site working. Investment without risk is possible only if one doing some insider trading.

Hi Snail2, key point here is that there IS risk. What we do is allow you to limit your risk to your investment amount, meaning you can perfectly control how much you can lose.

No reward without risk, that much is definitely true!
well, you can argue that with a Ponzi scheme you also control how much you gonna lose, and that is 100% of what you sent. You send 0.1BTC you lose 0.1BTC, you send 1BTC then 1BTC, etc.
Having said that, I would like to hear in which aspect your site is different to that? Second issue, what has it to do with gambling?

this space is intentionally left blank
Gnusmas

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:38:05 AM

OR a Ponzi ? Cheesy
coinarch

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:00:23 PM

well, you can argue that with a Ponzi scheme you also control how much you gonna lose, and that is 100% of what you sent. You send 0.1BTC you lose 0.1BTC, you send 1BTC then 1BTC, etc.
Having said that, I would like to hear in which aspect your site is different to that? Second issue, what has it to do with gambling?

Hi uki & lexuz, Coinarch is a trading site (this thread was started in Gambling by another user).

As for the Ponzi scheme point, we are certainly not that - we offer legitimate trading products which allow you to profit from moves in the bitcoin price. We manage these by buying and selling bitcoins to ensure positions are properly hedged.

coinarch

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:03:22 PM

Hi ninjaboon, their products are similar to the leverage products we offer, though our rates are lower and we allow uninvested funds to be stored in USD or BTC depending on user preference.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 02:26:46 PM

Hi ninjaboon, their products are similar to the leverage products we offer, though our rates are lower and we allow uninvested funds to be stored in USD or BTC depending on user preference.

interesting, I'll pass your site around our group and we'll validate your claims.

calagan

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:15:57 PM

Cry Ouch!  Cry  

CoinArch is down and I'm in the middle of a Short Boost!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: