Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows - Portable Bitcoin Core  (Read 1578 times)
mpatterson99 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 08:30:54 PM

Portable Bitcoin Core for Windows

I've written a small utility program for Windows that will allow a user to run Bitcoin-QT from an attached USB Flash Drive or SD memory card. The program basically points the -datadir to the attached memory device so the blockchain will be downloaded directly to the device.

Right now I'm only releasing a version for Testnet and will wait for feedback before I release either the source code or the Mainnet version.

You can find the program under the downloads section Here:

http://www.phpbitadmin.com

It was written in vb.net and tested on a Windows 8.1 laptop. The zip file contains Bitcoin-QT [ Version v0.10.0rc3 ] along with another program that will safely eject the media once QT is closed. Extract the contents of the zip file directly onto the attached device. I recommend a 4GB USB Flash Drive or SD Card which should be plenty of room for this Testnet version.

Cheers,
Mark Patterson
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:38:23 PM

Awesome.

But why do you need portable core?

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀